Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

****Jon Obika - signs on loan (again)****

Comments

• Options
    For anyone lukewarm about this. He can head and shoot and boy thats better than we have at the moment.
  • Options
    Sorry but underwhelmed
    But understand only chuff players will head in our direction
    Good luck to him
    If we stay up would you want him to sign for next season?
    I wouldn't but it's about the here and now and anything is worth a go
  • Options
    Its better that what we have but Jon Obika won't be the difference between survival and the drop. We need more.
  • Options

Its better that what we have but Jon Obika won't be the difference between survival and the drop. We need more.

This.
  • Options
    Given the chance he very well could be.
  • Options

Sorry but underwhelmed
    But understand only chuff players will head in our direction
    Good luck to him
    If we stay up would you want him to sign for next season?
    I wouldn't but it's about the here and now and anything is worth a go

Hoping very much to be proven wrong but find myself in this camp. If I remember CP used him as an impact sub for the last 10 minutes mostly so will be interesting to see what he can do with a bit more game time.
  • Options
    I was racking my brain (rumour) to figure out who the hell we could introduce up front. Me big happy fellow !
  • Options
    I would of tried to bring in someone who could hold the ball. Someone who could link midfield and attack. Obika will have the same problem. If you don't create chances the strikers won't score goals.

He may be better but you could have someone like Craig Bellamy up front at the moment and it wouldn't make a difference because we just don't have a player who is clever enough to find them in space. All our strikers seem to be of the same mould. Quite quick and lightweight.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2014
    cafc4life said:

It makes me laugh how so many people on here have been calling out for us to sign a striker,we sign one whos done well enough for us previously and they still aint happy! Who was you expecting? Van persie? Aguero?

Come on people get behind him and the team,They may prove you wrong.

Its called an opinion. Every thing isn't rosie because we signed Obika.

I am far from happy with the situation.
  • Options

I didn't think he was great, but he scored goals !

He was either a tad fortunate, or hopefully, he is one of those strikers, that just know where to stand, to get a chance.

Some (not many) players just have the knack of being in the right place.

Spot on.
  • Options

cafc4life said:

It makes me laugh how so many people on here have been calling out for us to sign a striker,we sign one whos done well enough for us previously and they still aint happy! Who was you expecting? Van persie? Aguero?

Regardless of whether people are happy or not, he shouldnt be slagged off when he hasnt even kicked a ball for us yet.saying how he was shit at brighton etc.Maybe he was? doesnt mean to say he'll be shit for us does it? im not overly happy with everything going on but at least give the guy a chance
  • Options

No mate they haven't sanctioned it RD only done it to keep them from his door so in essence he was signed because of them FACT

I have no idea what this means and I like my FACTs backed up with evidence. Silly me.
  • Options
    cafc4life said:

cafc4life said:

Regardless of whether people are happy or not, he shouldnt be slagged off when he hasnt even kicked a ball for us yet.saying how he was shit at brighton etc.Maybe he was? doesnt mean to say he'll be shit for us does it? im not overly happy with everything going on but at least give the guy a chance

Fair enough. I missed your point.
  • Options

I would of tried to bring in someone who could hold the ball. Someone who could link midfield and attack. Obika will have the same problem. If you don't create chances the strikers won't score goals.

He may be better but you could have someone like Craig Bellamy up front at the moment and it wouldn't make a difference because we just don't have a player who is clever enough to find them in space. All our strikers seem to be of the same mould. Quite quick and lightweight.

Thing is, that sounds just like Adjerevic. His lack of fitness is a real problem.
  • Options

A player who knows us, has scored goals for us, and is fit. I don't think we could have done much better.

Bent? ;~)
    There're the 'possible', the 'probable', and the 'are you having a laugh?'. With the wages he'll be on, I think we all know which category Darren Bent falls into. However, if you meant Marcus Bent, I'll take Jon Obika any day of the week.
  • Options
    If he scores last minute winners against Barnsley and Yeovil no one will give a shit he's "chuff"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    In ten games (some/most of which he came off the bench) he scored one less goal than Church has managed in the entire season. Reza has yet to score a single goal for us, Sordell is at best inconsistent, Pete The Plumber is not ready yet and even if Tudgay is still around he seems out of favour already. There is no way the return of a striker with a record just short of one goal in three games for Charlton can possibly be bad news. Would a better player be welcome? Probably. Is one likely to come? Hell no.

Jonny O might just make himself a hero if he gets some valuable goals - god knows someone needs to.
  • Options
    Signing a player wanted by CP but deemed too expensive by the last mob 'in charge' is hardly the action of an asset-stripping, penny-pinching, relegation discount seeking, belgian bugbear is it? And as far as we know Obika has never played for any of Roly Douchebag's conglomerate of clubs, that's odd, isn't it?
    Welcome J.O.
    Loan at brighton only curtailed cos they got their own strikers back fit and with the best will in the world Obika is no Mackail-Smith.
    J.O. is quicker than Church, much stronger than Reza, puts in more of a shift than Astrid and best of all he isn't marvellous marvin sodall.
    He'll need service of course which might be a bit of an issue unless there's more incoming (Ketts seems to think so) - dare we dream that sodall is sodded off back to bolton cos a competent, vaguely swift winger is on the way in? Too much to hope for of course - like playing an actual right-back at right-back i.e. Cousins.
    The team announcement tonight at 19:40ish will be most interesting.
    Cherries ripe for plucking?
  • Options
    I am happy with the signing. I like Obika, he has pace and knows how to finish. I thought he played well with Charlton last season. It is another option up front. Will be getting my full support.
  • Options

The team announcement tonight at 19:40ish will be most interesting.
    Cherries ripe for plucking?

The one at 7.15 or so will be even more interesting..
    15 - love.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:

Jonny O might just make himself a hero if he gets some valuable goals - god knows someone needs to.

Don't do that! I came out in a cold sweat thinking about Johnny Østergaard !!!
  • Options
    So how was he? On Player heard one good shot that tested the keeper...

Glad we have him, myself, but still mystified as to who got him in
  • Options

So how was he? On Player heard one good shot that tested the keeper...

Glad we have him, myself, but still mystified as to who got him in

I would hazard a guess that Dyer said to Riga, there is a good centre forward called Obika, shall we get him in? Riga said alright then. Then hey presto he appears. Paid for by that asset stripper Roland.
    I notice that no Standard players were in the first eleven, I thought Roland picked the team?