Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

****Jon Obika - signs on loan (again)****

Comments

• Options
    Considering both Reza and Church will still be in contract with us into next season, I'd like to think we could go and get a decent target man type rather than relying on an Obika who is probably more upper-mid League One level.
  • Options

So much for Spurs refusing to loan us any more players - can't believe all the rumours on here

I thought that rumour was around Chris Powell being 'blacklisted' by certain agents and clubs for not giving enough game time to loanees.

• Options
    cafctom said:

Considering both Reza and Church will still be in contract with us into next season, I'd like to think we could go and get a decent target man type rather than relying on an Obika who is probably more upper-mid League One level.

He'll do well in our league one promotion bid then
  • Options
    Thought he did ok for us last time and obviously scored a few important goals, but wasn't that impressed overall or fussed about him leaving. On saying that at this late stage and with the restricted options available and how desperate we are, I s'pose he's better than nothing. Hopefully feel he has a point to prove and can get those important goals again. Welcome back Jon.
  • Options

Obika will certainly have a point to prove, out of contract at Spurs, and a 'failure' at Brighton, he'll be playing to get a decent club next season (whether with us or someone else)

Will he be out of contract ? Spurs gave him a new contract at the start of the season.

He'll be out of contract this summer i believe
    Ok, thanks.
  • Options
    Has pace, which the team lacks, so all for it, and it means the great song returns
  • Options
    Fantastic news, clean sheets and goals is all we need!
  • Options
    Yes get in !!
    Big morale booster with the fans
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Bet Riga had nothing to do with it! We'll done dyer for bringing him back. Very underrated striker he is. Reminds me of Darren bent the way he plays
  • Options
    Gillis said:

I see he's been assigned squad number X. That's certainly original.

:-)

Originality didn't last long! #12. ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

A player who knows us, has scored goals for us, and is fit. I don't think we could have done much better.

Bent? ;~)

Can't be. He would never have left Brighton if he was.

• Options
    Average signing, but probably the best we could do in the circumstances.
  • Options
    Decent signing, I actually think he and Sordell up top would be quite a powerful combo and would stretch defences and put them under a lot of pressure physically. Whether the goals are going to come we'll see.
  • Options
    Has good technique and touch, quick and attacks the channel well. Linked up well with Kermorgant but can't see him being that effective with any of our current forwards or by himself. Personally feel he needs a full season in League one to develop as a player and gain some experience. Getting few mins here and there for various sides hasn't helped him progress.
  • Options
    Now all we need is that world class right winger to send over a never ending supply of quality crosses.

Should be able to pick up one easily right now.

• Options
    Richard J said:

So much for Spurs refusing to loan us any more players - can't believe all the rumours on here

I thought that rumour was around Chris Powell being 'blacklisted' by certain agents and clubs for not giving enough game time to loanees.

Have I missed something here? It was also mentioned on the brighton forum posted earlier

Fataddick
    (Rumours are we would have got him on loan months ago, but his agent refused to deal with Chris Powell again - supposedly several agents have that view, one of the reasons Powell got the push.)

What's that all about?
  • Options
    We need a striker and he did ok last year. Must be a positive. A good signing
  • Options
    edited March 2014

brilliant signing! anyway maybe spurs didnt like him being on the bench time and time again by powell and by brighton!! a deal that he has to start games this time round maybe!
  • Options
    I've rated him since I saw him play for Yeovil years ago (I think he scored down there in THAT game) and was over the moon the first time we signed him. He scored goals when he wasn't even starting games in his last spell here so hopefully he'll be in the first XI this time round.

He's quick, strong, good with his feet and head and knows how to score goals in this division. A quality signing. If only RD had backed Powell with signings like this.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yep, happy with this signing. Won't need a huge settling in period so welcome back fella.
  • Options
    I also think that's nonsense about Powell not giving loanees game time. Jackson was s loan signing, albeit not Powell's, and was his captain. If you were good enough, you played.
  • Options

Richard J said:

Have I missed something here? It was also mentioned on the brighton forum posted earlier

Fataddick
    (Rumours are we would have got him on loan months ago, but his agent refused to deal with Chris Powell again - supposedly several agents have that view, one of the reasons Powell got the push.)

What's that all about?
    I actually don't know . I haven't got a link,but from memory I think the rumour was first mentioned on the Dr Kish Blog.

I was personally pro Powell , but now wonder whether there was any truth in this.

• Options
    Good news. Welcome back Obika.
  • Options
    Richard J said:

Richard J said:

Fataddick

What's that all about?
    I actually don't know . I haven't got a link,but from memory I think the rumour was first mentioned on the Dr Kish Blog.

I was personally pro Powell , but now wonder whether there was any truth in this.

It's still not a reason to sack him. Maybe back him with permanent signings instead.
  • Options
    Good news, even if not in the Conor Wickham type bracket.

He did well for us last time but may have done a lot better if he had started more, rather than coming off the bench and have limited time to get into games.
  • Options
    CP obviously left some notes in his desk!

Could be just what we need. Right Winger next plse. SWP will do.
  • Options
    hope so didn't score goals when he was good
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    This is excellent news.
  • Options
    Why on earth didn't we sign him months ago??

Much better than what we have!!