Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

****Jon Obika - signs on loan (again)****

Comments

• Options
    Brighton signed Lingaard from Manchester United on loan recently so he was pushed further down the pecking order - don't think he actually started a League game for them...
  • Options
    With the exception of a couple of goals last time, I wasn't blown away with him. Seems very much in the Reza/Church mould (runs a bit, quite weak, could nick the odd chance).
  • Options
    positive signs... someone has to be able to score a goal at some point...
  • Options
    well he scored 5 goals against our under 21s a month or two ago, he knows where the goal is!
  • Options
    What a fat fucker I used to be.
  • Options
    WSS said:

Still one of the best player songs i've ever heard at Charlton
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pleased with this, not spectacular but i believe he will turn a few draws in to wins before the end of the season, good signing IMO.
  • Options
    Feed the Beak and he will score!
  • Options
    Its not like he will need to settle in its a very shrewd signing and one that makes so much sense

In the short term I see all positives

• Options
    cafctom said:

With the exception of a couple of goals last time, I wasn't blown away with him. Seems very much in the Reza/Church mould (runs a bit, quite weak, could nick the odd chance).

Much stronger than Reza and Church and alot better in the air.
  • Options

At last.
    A striker who puts in a shift and can kick a ball. </blockquote
    And more importantly seems to have the knack of scoring goals!!
    Could be the lifeline we need!?!?
    COYR....

• Options
    Looks like the penny has dropped with RD, it only took JR two games to realise that we needed a striker and not just one who wants to stay fit for the world cup.
  • Options
    MYYYYYYYYYYY NAME IS OBIKAAAAAAAAAAA
  • Options
    happy with this
  • Options
    No mate they haven't sanctioned it RD only done it to keep them from his door so in essence he was signed because of them FACT
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    would love for riga to play 4-3-3

cousins jackson poyet
    harriot obika sordell
  • Options
    Happy with that. Straight into the team please jose unless Roland says otherwise :-o
  • Options
    Brighton fans reckon he was useless for them. But for last season he scored some crucial goals which for a striker is what matters.

Hoped we would sign him in the summer, reckon he'll be playing for a contract with us
  • Options
    He didn't want to go to brighton he wanted to come here so therfore they never got the best of him
  • Options

Brighton fans reckon he was useless for them. But for last season he scored some crucial goals which for a striker is what matters.

Hoped we would sign him in the summer, reckon he'll be playing for a contract with us

I couldn't care less if he is useless for us, as long he scores a few long awaited goals!!
    Hopefully a very good signing!
    COYR.....
  • Options
    Result. He got us out of the Brown Stuff last season; hope he's not lost the finishing touch.
    IIRC he came off the bench last year and banged in a few game-changers.

Charlton expects.....
  • Options
    I think we would have taken any of Brighton's other strikers over him (Mackail Smith etc), not surprising he did not get a look in.
  • Options
    Didnt rate Obika last time but defo better than what we have so its all good. Still need at least one more fully fit player coming in.
  • Options
    A player who knows us, has scored goals for us, and is fit. I don't think we could have done much better.