Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

****Jon Obika - signs on loan (again)****

Comments

• Options
    Only game he actually started for Brighton was at Port Vale in the cup..............and he scored.
  • Options
    Will rate him on how he does infront of the goal, be interesting to see if he starts the next couple of games and if so with who beside him
  • Options
    good signing, liked him last year and he popped up with some important goals, as pointed out already, he won't need time to settle
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I must admit when we signed him on loan last season I was very underwhelmed and felt Powell should have given one of the younger forwards ago instead (Azeez, Piggott, Smith). However, I held my hands up and admitted I wrong about the lad. Scored vital scores, looked hungry and made an impact. Was disappointed we did not get him in the summer. Welcome back Jon. Pleased to have you back on board son. Now make yourself a hero and get the goals we need. Starting tomorrow night
  • Options
    He's got a it of pace and power, he'll put a shift in and most importantly he's usually scored goals at all his clubs (including ours, miraculously). We know he'll fit in with the squad so I say welcome back Jon.

As other have said, hopefully he'll be joined a player or two more to add to our general attacking threat from midfield.
  • Options

A player who knows us, has scored goals for us, and is fit. I don't think we could have done much better.

Bent? ;~)
  • Options
    A very good signing - onwards and upwards.
  • Options
    good news .. perhaps Stephens put in a good word about us .. or possibly Obika and Powell did not get on (notice the start of yet another conspiracy theory here)
  • Options
    Oh should also add, as Obika was a player we know Powell wanted to sign I wouldn't be surprised if this wasn't already in the pipeline when he was sacked last week.

Speculation on my part, but this might be another hint that Powell's sacking was mostly about long term club direction and not about short term results, signings or player selection. Not sure if that makes me feel better worse though.
  • Options
    C_A_F_C said:
    Bit of a worry actually, not got the best memory of his goals but he won't have that service, so there is a big risk he may be looking very similar to our current strike force*

*not much of a force, expression..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Guess who just got back today?
    That wild-eyed boy that had been away
    Haven't changed, haven't much to say
    But man, I still think those cats are great

They were asking if you were around
    How you was, where you could be found
    I told them you were living downtown
    Driving old CAFC crazy

Obika's back in town
    Obika's back in town

Spread the word around

Obika's back in town
  • Options

A player who knows us, has scored goals for us, and is fit. I don't think we could have done much better.

Bent? ;~)
    No thanks, Marcus was hopeless!

• Options
    Brilliant news. Someone who knows us and should hit the ground running. Now to find someone who can create chances for him. Reckon we still need a right sided midfielder in before the loan window closes. (Or Nego at RB and Wilson further forward).
  • Options
    The only thing that matters is putting the ball in the back of the darn net!!!

If obika has the composure of a donkey, is lazy, arrogant I wouldn't care one bit as long as he scores goals and is there right place right time to finish chances.

He scored important goals for us last term he's certainly welcome back based on that.

He might be, according to other teams fans he's played for, a bit poo, but....

It could be a case that it's just a Charlton thing and he's only good for us!
  • Options
    I heard we only signed him so we could send him off to Belgium.
    When will this new owner ever learn?
  • Options
    Welcome back Obi one , you have done well my apprentice.
  • Options
    get in there!! great signing, just what we needed
  • Options
    Obika will certainly have a point to prove, out of contract at Spurs, and a 'failure' at Brighton, he'll be playing to get a decent club next season (whether with us or someone else)
  • Options

Obika will certainly have a point to prove, out of contract at Spurs, and a 'failure' at Brighton, he'll be playing to get a decent club next season (whether with us or someone else)

Will he be out of contract ? Spurs gave him a new contract at the start of the season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I didn't rate him as highly as some when he was last with us but considering the striking options we have it's a good loan signing.
  • Options
    So much for Spurs refusing to loan us any more players - can't believe all the rumours on here
  • Options
    Hes better than nothing but not as bowled over as others by this. He's yet another striker who doesn't really score goals... he looked okay in a very in-form team playing alongside Kermogant at the end of last season, but I'm not sure he's going to be a miraculous solution to our impotent attack. Hope and pray I'm proved wrong.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    I didn't think he was great, but he scored goals !

He was either a tad fortunate, or hopefully, he is one of those strikers, that just know where to stand, to get a chance.

Some (not many) players just have the knack of being in the right place.
  • Options
    Doubt we can attract better at the moment so he will do for me
  • Options
    cafctom said:

With the exception of a couple of goals last time, I wasn't blown away with him. Seems very much in the Reza/Church mould (runs a bit, quite weak, could nick the odd chance).

Have to agree. I remember him as being fractionally better than BWP.
  • Options
    3 goals in his 10 apps with us his last term.

Chruchy might feel a bit intimidated and it could cause a division of players when "the great one" arrives.

Obika does not have a good goal scoring record for any of the club's he's played for.
    It's one of those wildcards, where for some reason, he unexpectedly, is pretty decent for us.
  • Options
    Good signing impressed with him last time
    Think he will do a decent job for us
    Good news
  • Options

So much for Spurs refusing to loan us any more players - can't believe all the rumours on here

Maybe under Powell ?
  • Options

Will he be out of contract ? Spurs gave him a new contract at the start of the season.

He'll be out of contract this summer i believe