Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

****Jon Obika - signs on loan (again)****

Comments

• Options
    Could work out well. We're goal shy this season, he knows we like him (a lot) and that could breed the sort of confidence that will see him bang half a dozen crucial goals in this season. Welcome back Jon and good luck for the rest of the season.
  • Options
    Scored some important goals when he was with us before, so let's hope he can do so again. Presume he will probably be on the bench tomorrow night.
  • Options

(Rumours are we would have got him on loan months ago, but his agent refused to deal with Chris Powell again - supposedly several agents have that view, one of the reasons Powell got the push.)

Are we meant to believe that about one of the most respected names in football today? Until there's any evidence to suggest this is remotely true, I have a hard time even entertaining the idea.
  • Options
    Pleased with that. Probably as good a signing as we could realistically hope for under the circumstances.
  • Options
    DOC64 said:

Why on earth didn't we sign him months ago??

Much better than what we have!!

Because we weren't a feeder club months ago!
    ;-)
  • Options
    RD going for crowd pleasing tactics with JJ's contact and Obika? :) However this came about, have to say I'm very pleased. Will score the winning goal tomorrow ;)
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:

(Rumours are we would have got him on loan months ago, but his agent refused to deal with Chris Powell again - supposedly several agents have that view, one of the reasons Powell got the push.)
    Are we meant to believe that about one of the most respected names in football today? Until there's any evidence to suggest this is remotely true, I have a hard time even entertaining the idea.

Gary Lineker?
  • Options
    I'm really not sure Obika is the answer.

I hope I'm wrong
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

The post-Powell revolution continues.

Keith Peacock will be signed as an honoury football adviser next.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    not going overboard with this one - unlike the vast majority on here who seem to think he is the next Mesiah.

would prefer an experienced, been there done that, striker than one who is just a whippersnapper.

however, I don't mind eating humble pie if he knocks in 4 or 5 goals before the end of the season.
  • Options
    mrbligh said:

I'm really not sure Obika is the answer.

I hope I'm wrong

I don't think you will be, got a couple of late winners last season but don't really think that he's championship standard, mind you neither are the rest of our strikers so fingers crossed ;-)
  • Options

not going overboard with this one - unlike the vast majority on here who seem to think he is the next Mesiah.

would prefer an experienced, been there done that, striker than one who is just a whippersnapper.

however, I don't mind eating humble pie if he knocks in 4 or 5 goals before the end of the season.

What like tudgay?
  • Options
    Going back to the agent stuff why should Powell guarantee a loan player a first team spot when we have our own to develop?
  • Options
    Made my day, quality player who seems to like playing for us.
    Hopefully match fit, could get the winner 2morrow if paperwork sorted.
  • Options
    Holtby goal celebration is classic.
  • Options
    RD has brought him in so that JR can assess him prior to his transfer to SL.

Just my little joke (I think).
  • Options

Have I missed something as to why our 'fans' are so against the man that is CP? Would like to meet a man who would have done a better and prouder job under the circumstances.. he's footballs good guy, yet hated by some of our own. sigh.

Agree he was proud man just wished he had said goodbye
    To us and walked?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2014
    C_A_F_C said:
    Poyet able to pass the ball forwards in that clip. Amazing what a bit of movement can do.
  • Options

Erm this is gonna sound kinda strange, but for the people who are not convinced about us signing Obika ( and I could be swayed either way) surely we're better off with him being here rather than him not being here?

People worried about a reduction in Church's playing time.
    Less minutes a worry as he seems to need rather a large number of minutes in order to score a goal.

• Options
    LoOkOuT said:

Absolutely spot on.
    Plenty of people refuse to consider negative comments about RD, yet it seems (possibly the same people, I don't know) some are happy to push this type of anti Powell rumour.

Surely, Obika was played by Powell when he was on loan last season, so why would his agent want to stop another loan to us and indeed why would the player allow his agent to dictate this type of decision? I would be amazed if it were true.
  • Options
    by the looks of things spurs recalled him from brigton especially for this deal, he was recalled yesterday for BHA maybe spurs felt the same about them as they did when powell was in charge he didn't seem to be playing many games!
  • Options
    I assume this is why Tudgay has not been seen recently - he's essentially been exchanged for Obika yes?
  • Options
    thenewbie said:

I assume this is why Tudgay has not been seen recently - he's essentially been exchanged for Obika yes?

Tudgay might be more popular at BHA, but probably back to Forest if gone.
  • Options

Another reason not to be too worried about RD

I wanted Obika here months ago

Ah but he must have signed for Standard Liege first and then us ;-)
  • Options
    You lot are easily pleased !
    What did he do for us.?
    What did he do for BHA.?