Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Johnnie Jackson : New Two Year Contract

Comments

• Greatest news in a long time! Good to have Jackson on board for more years ahead!
  • Don't get me wrong, I'm glad he's been given a new deal, but I think a 1yr extension would have been more suitable. Time will tell I suppose................
  • If the club think Jacko's worth a 2 year deal, that's alright by me.

He gives a lot more to the team and club, than just what you see on the pitch.

• MSE7 said:

It's the calm before the shite storm.

Just a little sweetener before he gets that saw out again and starts chopping more people down.

Who will be next? It's like that big national lottery finger pointing down on you saying "it's you!!"

Mate not even Floyd and Harvey are
    Safe at the valley.

Don't tell Flotd that, he's on here somewhere! :)
    Ex Floyd. I got a free to Battersea as they wouldn't meet my terms at CAFC (Probably 'cos I stipulated I wanted pigs ears in addition to the Bonio allocation).

• I'd say you had more shandy than me last night reading some of your posts this morning.

Nice one JJ.

Na ended up mixing old tom with a bottle of scotch. Managed to get myself down Millwall though.

• MSE7 said:

It's the calm before the shite storm.

Just a little sweetener before he gets that saw out again and starts chopping more people down.

Who will be next? It's like that big national lottery finger pointing down on you saying "it's you!!"

Mate not even Floyd and Harvey are
    Safe at the valley.

Don't tell Flotd that, he's on here somewhere! :)
    Ex Floyd. I got a free to Battersea as they wouldn't meet my terms at CAFC (Probably 'cos I stipulated I wanted pigs ears in addition to the Bonio allocation).

I heard there bringing in a giant waffle for next year mascot???
  • Don't get me wrong, I'm glad he's been given a new deal, but I think a 1yr extension would have been more suitable. Time will tell I suppose................

Or if the club had the option on the second year based on games played. Nonetheless, happy Captain Fantastic decided to up again! COYR

• maybe oh just maybe Jacko was happy to sign a deal which offers value for both sides, the club and JJ.

gives me great comfort. perhaps RD has signed him just for the crowd pleasing effect but he obviously doesnt know that 50% of the crowd consider him "past it"

one day the numbers behind the kermit Situation will come out (as he is a Cherry now im calling him that for the time being ;) and i think we will see that for what it was. kermit gamed us for his own personal benefit. he is entitled to do that but i am also entitled to think less of him for that.

jj will score the winner on tuesday and kermit will miss a penalty with a peneka, then get sent off then trip over and get a mild injury whislt applauding the fans
  • Im sure Jackson tried to get the best deal possible for himself just as Kermorgant did, the difference being Jackson wasn't attracting the same interest from other clubs.
  • definitely agree with that
  • Sponsored links:

• Agree with both C_A_F_C and calydon_road ... players should try to get the best deals for themselves while the club needs to consider how soon "the legs" will give out. It could be than Yann scores 15 next year while JJ's legs give out or Yann isn't fully fit next term while JJ chips in 10 from the midfield ... only time will tell.
  • JJ on Late Kick Off tonight and will be talking about Riga.
  • Apologies if it's elsewhere on the forum. From Inside the Valley today:

In this week’s edition of ‘Inside the dressing room’ captain Johnnie Jackson reflects on a positive week for the club, during which he signed a new two-year contract extension.

"It’s obviously been a strange week for everyone at the club and it seems like a good opportunity for me to thank you all for your great support over the last three games.

The fans were absolutely brilliant at The Valley last Wednesday and drove us on at The Den on Saturday. Those points could be important come the end of the season.

We’re going to need you like that for every game between now and the end of the season because it really does give us a lift.

Our wins over Queens Park Rangers and Bournemouth were perfect examples of that. Your support kept us going until the last minute and we eventually got what we deserved.

On a personal note, I was really pleased to get my contract sorted last Friday which means I’ll be at the club for another two years.

We’ve been talking for a while and I was desperate to get it signed and get my future secure.

I’ve always said that I love the club, love being captain of the club and I’ve always seen my future here. Nowhere else.

The club and the supporters have been great for me and I really feel part of the fabric of the place. There was nowhere else I wanted to go and as long as the club will have me I’ll be happy to be here.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: I’d love to finish my career at Charlton. It’s a great club and when I look back it’s where I will feel I played my best football.

I wanted to get the contract pushed over the line and I’m delighted to now finally have done that.

It’s two more years but that doesn’t necessarily mean that my time at the club will come to an end in 2016. If things are right for both of us when the time comes then I hope it could be even longer.

There have been uncertain times on and off the pitch with a lot of things this season, but the big picture doesn’t change.

The results last week got us off the bottom and, if we can make the most of our games in hand then we’ve got a great chance.

We’d rather be in a position where it’s in our own hands, because we know if we do our bit we’ll be OK.

We know how important it is that the club survives and we’ve got between now and the end of the season to make sure Charlton stay in the division.

That has got to be the absolute 100 per cent focus now, no excuses. My future is secure and hopefully I can help secure the club’s as well."
  • The reports of JJs demise appear, on tonight's evidence, to be premature.

Again!
  • He has already stated that he wants to, however he will only be 33 when his current contract expires.
  • "It's two more years, but after that hopefully longer because I'd love to finish my career here.
    "The club has been great for me and I really feel part of the fabric of the place so, for me, there's no better place to be. As long as the club will have me I'll be happy to be here."
  • He's out until the New Year.
  • over the next two years I can see the club being more successful that the previous few and JJ will contribute to that but ultimately will become a bit player as success breeds better players. Hopefully we can find a coaching role for him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Redhenry said:

He's out until the New Year.

Is that confirmed, he said earlier he gets results today, but not said anything since
  • edited December 2014
  • Colin will be pleased. It will be interesting to see how we get on without him. I think we will miss his captaincy and his steadying influence. A midfield of Gudmundsson, Buyens, Coquelin and Cousins doesnt look too shabby. Who will be captain?
  • edited December 2014
  • dickplumb said:

Colin will be pleased. It will be interesting to see how we get on without him. I think we will miss his captaincy and his steadying influence. A midfield of Gudmundsson, Buyens, Coquelin and Cousins doesnt look too shabby. Who will be captain?

Agree that's a good looking midfield but we look more organised with Jacko out on the field and we'll miss his influence during December. I know you can't always tell but I get the feeling he'll make a good coach/manager one day if he wanted to do it. A top character all round.
  • Solly will be captain when on the pitch, after that I suspect one of the centre backs
  • Future Charlton manager?
  • Future Charlton manager?

Once he perfects him Mclarenesque continental accent
  • I fully admit to being one of those who constantly wavers between thinking this may be a season too far for Captain Marvel, and then realising just how much more important he is than simple passes and the odd goal, but then (yet again) acknowledging that he rarely commands a game in the way he did regularly just a few seasons ago.

I've said it about other players and it's a bit of a cliche but I suspect we'll truly recognise how important JJ is (or as it may be, is not) in his absence. If there is a midfield that has plenty of fight, and some creative spark, and Solly steps up as skipper then frankly I can't see JJ ever becoming a regular starter again once fit short of an injury/suspension situation. On the other hand an already rather flimsy midfield might implode without the passion and sheer fight that JJ provides, in which case we'll need the captain fit and fighting at the soonest chance.