Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Johnnie Jackson : New Two Year Contract

Comments

• Love Jacko to bits.
  • Wow . I'm gobsmacked . That's fantastic.
  • Must say I'm surprised, but good news.
  • Very surprised. Is this a crowd pleaser move ?
  • Surprised but very pleased.
  • Surprising timing, but good news, at the moment virtually all our goals seem to involve JJ in some way. Clearly he's an important character in the dressing room too
  • Great news!! Nice one JJ.
  • Great news, very happy with this development.
  • Excellent! Brilliant news.
  • Sponsored links:

• Some decent news from a thoroughly dejecting week.
  • Very pleased with that, probably too soon to credit Riga with it, CP probably had the wheels in motion, well done to RD though for extending, hopefully more to come please...
  • Had he rejected a deal, it would've been a massive cause for concern.

Glad we've tied him down, hopefully this will be the start of the first-team contracts being sorted before the end of the season!
  • Best news of the week, and quite possibly the season.
  • Why is anyone surprised? Did you think next seasons squad would only be made up of players from RDs network?

Good news but if we progress as we hope to he'll eventually become a squad player.
  • Great news. Now JJ score the winner tomorrow!
  • Great news. A future manager imho!
  • edited March 2014
    Clearly preparing for league 1 IMO cos if we stay up would he be in everyone's first choice starting elevens? In any case he would be kept on for his influence on the dressing room. If we go down, he may play more.

Simply, a 33 yr old JJ in the championship ain't gonna happen no matter how much he loves Charlton
  • Preparation for League 1
  • Nice end to a shitty week. Jacko is Charlton through and through; yo only need to see his goal celebrations to know how much he cares for this club. Yes, he is a bit slow and he ain't going to get faster at his age, but he is still the only midfielder we've got with a real eye for a goal. Great news, well done Charlton. Now for Hamer and Morro please.
  • Sponsored links:

• Surprising news but good all the same. Thought RD was bad man who is doing no good for us. Too much knickertwisting imo. More reason to cut him some slack.
  • Building a team for division 3.
  • Great to have JJ secured for the squad.
  • Anyone from RD's camp watching on Sunday would have seen how much JJ cared, and that drive will be very important going forward
  • edited March 2014
    DeeBee said:

Jesus Christ what is wrong with some of you. We sign a player who has been a great servant and you still choose this time to have a dig. This site is getting weirder and weirder

Nobody is having a dig. For instance if we stay in the champ I would keep him on for his dressing room influence. I would hope we would strengthen enough so that he isn't going to walk straight in. And if we go down he will have more chance of playing. I don't think anyone here can claim that at 33 he will be champ standard on the pitch. His influence may be valuable though
  • edited March 2014

Very pleased with that, probably too soon to credit Riga with it, CP probably had the wheels in motion, well done to RD though for extending, hopefully more to come please...

for the love of god.....

mad isn't it, bearing in mind he has actually met Jose and Roland
  • PL54 said:

Very pleased with that, probably too soon to credit Riga with it, CP probably had the wheels in motion, well done to RD though for extending, hopefully more to come please...

for the love of god.....
    DAE OVER POWELL ALREADY

the anti powell circle jerk is just as tiresome as the powell circle jerk
  • Good news. JJ is not our best player but probably our most important one. We do better with him in the team and also it feels like some continuity with him still being here.
  • PL54 said:

for the love of god.....
    DAE OVER POWELL ALREADY

the anti powell circle jerk is just as tiresome as the powell circle jerk
    I have said before, I am not anti-Powell. I wanted him to succeed but not because it was Powell but because it was CAFC.

It all went wrong, he got sacked and we need to move on.