Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Johnnie Jackson : New Two Year Contract

Wow

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/20140314-johnnie-jackson-1421312.aspx

Wasn't expecting this. Great news and now hope others follow.

Comments

• great news
  • edited March 2014

Johnnie Jackson has signed a two-year contract extension which commits him to Charlton until the summer of 2016, the club announced on Friday afternoon.
    Jimmy Stone reports

Johnnie Jackson has signed a two-year contract extension which commits him to Charlton until the summer of 2016, the club announced on Friday afternoon.

The Addicks skipper has been one of the club’s most consistent performers since his arrival from Notts County in July 2010 making 155 appearances and scoring 44 goals.

His previous deal was due to expire at the end of the current season but the former Tottenham Hotspur midfielder revealed he is delighted to be staying in SE7

“I’m really pleased,” he said

“We’ve been talking for a while and I was desperate to get it signed and get my future secure. I’ve always said I love the club and love being captain of the club and I just always saw my future here and nowhere else.

“So I was desperate to get it pushed over the line and I’m delighted to finally do it. It’s two more years but after that hopefully longer because I’d love to finish my career here.

“The club has been great for me and I really feel part of the fabric of the place so, for me, there’s no better place to be and as long as the club will have me I’ll be happy to be here.

The 31-year-old has been a reliable figure in the heart of Charlton’s midfield and finished as the club’s leading goalscorer last season with 12 goals in all competitions.

Despite struggling with niggling injuries this term, Jackson has still scored some important goals, including the last-gasp winner against Queens Park Rangers in February.

Charlton’s number four joins Rhoys Wiggins, Chris Solly, Jordan Cousins and Joe Pigott as players who have committed their future to the club this season.

After confirming his future as a Charlton player, Jackson is now keen to get his head down and help secure Charlton’s Championship status.

“It’s been uncertain times on and off the pitch with a lot of things,” he said.

“But the big picture doesn’t change – that we want the club to survive and we’ve got between now and the end of the season to make sure the club stay in the division.

“That has got to be the absolute 100 per cent focus now, no excuses. My future is secure and hopefully I can help secure the club’s future as well.”
  • All part of the RD plan
  • This is good news. At last some bit of good news.
  • More good news ! Great.
  • Surely not......our skipper getting into bed with the anti-christ!?!

Welll done to the board. Another player who most consider to be a vital piece of the jigsaw signed up.
  • Great news!
  • Sponsored links:

• Brilliant news, Hamer and Morrison next please
  • Huh, clearly he'll be off to Liege soon :-)
  • I'm surprised, to be honest. He is still a good player and will be important if we do get relegated.
  • Wow. Cannot believe this. Just getting more and more confused.

But then again - maybe Roland's heard that Jacko was a cut above in League One and therefore moved quickly to sign him up.

Makes a mockery of the Kermogant scenario though.
  • Great news! Loyalty goes a long way.
  • Well, that's good news isn't it?
  • edited March 2014
    Mods, you can delete my other thread which beat this one by two whole minutes! Because this thread is obviously where it's at.

Anyway, fantastic news. That's cheered me up no end, and I hope it inspires some of the other soon-to-be-out-of-contract players to sign on the proverbial dotted.
  • Pretty obvious it's so we can get a better price when we sell him......

Just kidding :-) quality player and good news but 2 years with those legs? Pushing it for the old trooper
  • I expect more to follow over the next few weeks...
  • Sponsored links:

• I would agree it's confusing. Roland's strategy seems to be full of contradictions so far. Maybe he is just making it all up as he goes along...

However JJ has been a massive part of our last few years and him staying for another two years softens the blow of losing Powell (ever so slightly).
  • very pleased though I don't look forward to another two years of "Jackson's past it" every time he doesn't play like a world beater.

Don't forget "he's lost his pace" (what pace?!)
  • If Poyet goes, at least we know we'll have Cousins and Jackson as our central pairing next season (providing Cousins isn't farmed off to Liege that is...).
  • edited March 2014
    Good news. Interesting to see how he is going to fit in with the way our new coach apparently likes to set his team up?

(Edit...sorry forgot he's not gonna be head coach long anyway.)
  • Well done CP getting that contract signed by RD and slipping it to JJ. Great farewll present.
  • great news.... Again could it be that Roland is just right ....
  • Great news JJ. There is always a chance of a goal when you are on the pitch.
  • I am absolutely delighted with that.
  • Yann897 said:

Wow. Cannot believe this. Just getting more and more confused.

But then again - maybe Roland's heard that Jacko was a cut above in League One and therefore moved quickly to sign him up.

Makes a mockery of the Kermogant scenario though.

Maybe he's not as greedy as yann.
    Maybe there wasn't another team willing to pay £400,000 for JJ

:)