Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Johnnie Jackson : New Two Year Contract

Comments

• Great news. A bit of stability. He's becoming Charlton through and through.
  • edited March 2014
    if he wants to stay then he must believe in RD, good news!
  • Great news. Our best skipper since Kinsella
  • PL54 said:

PL54 said:

Very pleased with that, probably too soon to credit Riga with it, CP probably had the wheels in motion, well done to RD though for extending, hopefully more to come please...

for the love of god.....
    DAE OVER POWELL ALREADY

the anti powell circle jerk is just as tiresome as the powell circle jerk
    I have said before, I am not anti-Powell. I wanted him to succeed but not because it was Powell but because it was CAFC.

It all went wrong, he got sacked and we need to move on.
    Yes, we need to stop any mention of Powell, ever. Even if he was manager a few days ago and did, most likely, have something to do with the deal. But because we need to move on we cannot mention his name. You know, the person, who was manager, he who shall not be name, mr nobody, that good looking chap.
  • RobRob
    edited March 2014
    DeeBee said:

Jesus Christ what is wrong with some of you. We sign a player who has been a great servant and you still choose this time to have a dig. This site is getting weirder and weirder

What do you mean 'getting'? :-)
  • Great news - hope he moves into the backroom team eventually.

Now to sign up the other players that we need. Can I still dream that Poyet might be up for it?
  • Does he believe in RD? Does he share his vision? You would have thought he would have wanted certain assurances, such as who will be manager next season? Or did he think 'feck me two years on xxk pw, i will have some of that'. I would like to think the former as he loves us so much. If so maybe RD isnt the villian he is being painted.
  • Seeing how this deal and the Wiggins / Solly deals sneaked through without us knowing it makes you wonder if the same isnt happening with the likes of Hamer and Morrison who are negotiating at the moment themselves... (i.e. not just wages but contract lengths too can play an issue)
  • PL54 said:

Very pleased with that, probably too soon to credit Riga with it, CP probably had the wheels in motion, well done to RD though for extending, hopefully more to come please...

for the love of god.....

mad isn't it, bearing in mind he has actually met Jose and Roland
    You misunderstood me, this was not an anti Riga or a pro Powell post, I believe we should move on I just merely stated that it is too soon to credit the new coach as contracts are generally not made and decided over night, the wheels were probably in motion whilst Powell was still here, I also said well done to RD.
  • great news, not sure if this is being discussed but are we gonna lose Poyet at end of season for nothing or will we get c**p compensation like we did with Defoe? or is he getting measured up for his new Liege shirt!? http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11684/9211337/transfer-news-a-number-of-premier-league-clubs-are-tracking-charltons-diego-poyet
  • Sponsored links:

• The skysports article has a picture of Stevens... Good news though I think! Well done JJ
  • shows that offers to aging but important players are made, but I spose we will have to only surmise that jacko has signed on reduced wages ala yann

or do we dare to think that jacko took the deal on the table that saw him no worse off and infact well paid and actually want to stay 100% and not 50-75%

well done all involved looks like MP is working hard behind the scenes , I like what I am hearing about Mr Pothero
  • Very good news ...didn't expect it so very happy
  • Well done to Johnny Jackson on getting a new two year contract, it is thoroughly deserved. He always gives 100 per cent to the cause. Let us hope that those years are spent in the Championship.
  • V pleased with this.

Now for Andy Hughes? ;-)
  • Happy with this however can't help but think in the back of my mind that it's RD attempts to smear Powell's exit?
  • Proper Charlton is JJ. Happy with this news.
  • Happy with this however can't help but think in the back of my mind that it's RD attempts to smear Powell's exit?

I have the same thoughts unfortunately.

However if RD does carry on re-signing key players then I'll be alot more convinced, lets hope this is the start of more players who deserve contracts, being given contracts.
  • edited March 2014

Happy with this however can't help but think in the back of my mind that it's RD attempts to smear Powell's exit?

I have the same thoughts unfortunately.

However if RD does carry on re-signing key players then I'll be alot more convinced, lets hope this is the start of more players who deserve contracts, being given contracts.
    yeah but Poyet will go for free if we dont move interest already!

• but that wont be RD's fault
  • Sponsored links:

• Great news, even if he's not playing he's a vital person to have around the team.
  • Delighted! Well done JJ!
  • RD throwing the supporters a bone. Good news!

If he hadn't signed then there would be mass wrist-slitting over how a proper Charlton values charismatic captain was broomed by the evil Belgians! Can we just not be pleased that he'll be here next season?
  • Superb news!!!

Future Charlton manager I tell ya! (Well, Head Coach anyway!)
  • edited March 2014
    Good news. A perfect example of why people need to calm down and let a bit more of the story play out before deciding who the heroes and villains are.
  • Wow. Cannot believe this. Just getting more and more confused.

But then again - maybe Roland's heard that Jacko was a cut above in League One and therefore moved quickly to sign him up.

Makes a mockery of the Kermogant scenario though.

Sounds like the same deal to me.

Kermo was offered a 2 year contract.
    And chose not to accept because he could get a better deal elsewhere.

Jacko was offered a 2 year contract.
    And accepted.

Jacko - Son of Powell.

;o)
  • Delighted for JJ. He deserves this security for the next few years. Much more than just a player for us & so important to the whole club. Good news for him & us!
  • At last some great news after a truly rubbish week.

Jacko has been a great leader for us
  • @johnnie_jackson 2h
    Overwhelmed and humbled by all the messages,thank you all so much

@johnnie_jackson 2h
    Thrilled and honoured to be staying at this great club...Determined to repay the faith shown in me...Thank you all for the support

What a man