Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Powell Sacked - CONFIRMED

Comments

• Nice one RD, rip the soul from the club. When are we moving to Selhurst park?
  • tricky said:

Gutted.

Still think that regardless of on the pitch issues, he has been the only thing holding the club together off it. God knows what happens now.

@AFKABartram, are we allowed to very politely tell anyone gloating where to go?

They will be laughing the otherside of their face when we lose all of our upcoming games, get smashed by Millwall and go down rock bottom! Because that's what will happen now the players will be pissed, yann knew that's why he jumped!
    Try not to be so bitter. You must have knew it was coming.
    Are you saying that by keeping things as they were we would have won all our upcoming games and smash Millwall for six? As for the players being pissed? perhaps a new manager may offer them a contract if they put a shift in. Following the recent debarcle, i couldnt really give a **** what the players presently think.
  • Good luck Chris.
  • Cawley saying the reason is because CP wouldn't play RD's players.

If that's true, anybody happy today needs to have a long, hard think about it. Forcing team selection on the manager goes way beyond whether you think Powell was a good manager or not.
  • A quick straw poll. I'll post the results this evening.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/NKFX3LL
  • PL54 said:

Cawley saying the reason is because CP wouldn't play RD's players.

Well aside from the goalie it is a bit odd not to play AA Reza etc
    Have you seen him? Headless chicken springs to mind...

Whats church then? King headless chicken.
    There will be no singing chris powells name from me tomorrow , I support charlton so full vocal backing against Huddersfield and hopefully get 3 points.
  • Sponsored links:

• Gutted. Was he not the 'most important man at the club' last week?

Explains the performance on Sunday.

I hope he does explain what he has been pressured into doing.

Expect to see Thuram, Reza and Nego playing against Millwall then. Great.

Good luck, Chris. Top man.
  • Absolutely completely gutted here. That's all I can say.
  • PL54 said:

And church ain't?
  • Gutted. Good luck Chris in wherever you go next.

Heard Sunday night there was a big bust up with RD over team selection prior to quarter final game. Players were aware of situation and told in dressing room that team was being changed.
  • tricky said:

Gutted.

Still think that regardless of on the pitch issues, he has been the only thing holding the club together off it. God knows what happens now.

@AFKABartram, are we allowed to very politely tell anyone gloating where to go?

They will be laughing the otherside of their face when we lose all of our upcoming games, get smashed by Millwall and go down rock bottom! Because that's what will happen now the players will be pissed, yann knew that's why he jumped!
    Try not to be so bitter. You must have knew it was coming.
    Are you saying that by keeping things as they were we would have won all our upcoming games and smash Millwall for six? As for the players being pissed? perhaps a new manager may offer them a contract if they put a shift in. Following the recent debarcle, i couldnt really give a **** what the players presently think.
    This
  • Cawley saying the reason is because CP wouldn't play RD's players.

If that's true, anybody happy today needs to have a long, hard think about it. Forcing team selection on the manager goes way beyond whether you think Powell was a good manager or not.
    Cawley is friendly with Powell, it's definitely true.
  • With this shower in charge and the contract situations we have.... next seasons will see an even more patchwork squad than RD already wants on the pitch.

• This was obviously coming, Powell was more or less refusing to play the loaners or Pete the Pole and was even playing people out of position (Cousins) rather than play Nego etc.

Ultimately "Them that's got the gold makes the rules," and Powell would not play by RDs rules - and you only get to do that for so long.
  • Sponsored links:

• Ah man...this season just gets worse. Okay, I don't think any of us are surprised that Chris is not going to be with us next year but why do this now? What manager is going to want to work in these circumstances? Only an inexperienced coach happy to play along with Roland's experiment.

There is one and only one appointment that could come close to getting Roland out of the hole he's just dug for himself and I can't see Curbs being told who he should be signing or playing.

Absolutely gutted for Chris and all of us.
  • PL54 said:

Whats church then? King headless chicken.
    There will be no singing chris powells name from me tomorrow , I support charlton so full vocal backing against Huddersfield and hopefully get 3 points.
    At least Church makes an effort... That lad just runs about. Its like watching the shit kid play at school! I'll still support my team, but it doesn't stop me feeling incredibly angry about what has happened/ is happening there.

Just as pony, all of the confirmation has come from other news sources, yet our own website... Still leading on a story about some bird scoring a decent goal! Two bob springs to mind!!!
  • Oh and BtW kiss goodbye to all those young players like Poyet. He won't be signing a new contract now.
  • Shame for him and for you but sadly probably not unexpected.

Only hope whoever comes in can start well from the off.
  • How many of the players that Chris brought in will now be looking elsewhere, a lot of contracts up in the summer, if the rumours are true about having to play RD's players.
  • Does anybody know if the Alex Dyer has gone to?
  • Sad day as far as i am concerned.....i know things havent been great this season but that isnt solely down to him....reason beyond his control have added to it.

Some of you who wanted Powell out should be careful what you wish for...who knows who will takeover the club now...some unknown from Belgium i would imagine.

The club is a shambles, division 1 is definatly heading our way but that was happening with Powell at the helm also....

Some of our players should also take a good long look at themselves....

I have met Powell on a couple of occassions and he was a perfect gent always had time to chat.

Good luuck Chris you will be picked up by someone else.
  • One of the few things in life that a guaranteed is that football managers get sacked. Chris will always be a legend at our club and can walk away with his head held high. Yes this season hasn't gone the way we all want and until the season over we won't know if this is the right decision. Let's get behind our team for the remaining games and hope we can get out of this mess. Charlton till I die