Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Powell Sacked - CONFIRMED

Comments

• I hope this is bollocks as it's so badly timed it's untrue.
  • Why all the talk about contracts? Why say he rates him?

Some will be celebrating but a strange time to do it and I think things could get worse before they start getting better. We won't see a change in style of play overnight and the players were behind Powell.
  • Great timing . Well that's that then. League one here we come.
  • Scoham said:

Why all the talk about contracts? Why say he rates him?

Some will be celebrating but a strange time to do it and I think things could get worse before they start getting better. We won't see a change in style of play overnight and the players were behind Powell.

The players were so behind him that they produced a display like that last Sunday!!!!
  • Scoham said:

Why all the talk about contracts? Why say he rates him?

I assume RD was willing to countenance Powell but only as a European coach rather than as a manager. Powell wasn't up for that and the result on Sunday gave RD an excuse.
  • Greenie said:

Valley11 said:

Football suicide. Relegation looms I'm afraid.

We were heading that way with Powell
    Half fancied our chances with a man at the top who cared as much as we do. Really don't see Powell's players putting up with this with their contracts up in a month or two.
  • Very very sad day, thanks Chris, I will still be supporting my club, whatever is going on but a very sad day
  • Sponsored links:

• Blimey. Despite everything, I didn't expect him to go until the end of he season at least.

Gutted for CP, who is a top, top human being and deserved better than the continuous shafting he has had over the past two years.

Better of out of it, as my old mum might have said.
  • If Sunday wasn't bad enough, now this.
  • No great surprise. Football as they say is a reults business...

Would have preferred the money this will cost and bringing a replacement manager in, to be spent on decent loans.

Charlton is not just about 1 man and I will support the club. It will make it easier of course if we can start playing some decent football.

Just as well we don't support Charlton for the glory of it.
  • Warnock is at Cheltenham this week working for talksport. That's one good thing.
  • Hope those Powell haters are happy now . See you all at Port Vale next season.
    Gutted .
  • The anger if we get spanked on Saturday. Needed a winger not a new manager FFS
  • I am sad for Powell as he is such great guy, got us out of league one and the fans loved their manager again. A true Charlton legend and always will be.

But I couldn't see him turning our fortunes around this season. Squad to blame? Definitely. Previous owners to blame? Definitely for not supporting him. New owners to blame? Only for selling kermorgant in my opinion so far. Time will tell whether to criticise them on Powells sacking.

I didn't want powell sacked and would have had him stay with us in league one but clearly this must show people the board don't want us relegated as some people have suggested. Otherwise why change it now.
  • I love Powell the man but come on guys were bottom !
  • How is it "confirmed" ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Cawley confirming also seemingly
  • We will have a complete unknown Manager installed, probably his first major role. He will be one of RD's men who he thinks has potential!!! Could be good or could send us back years. Something had to change, but surprised RD did this now. Good luck Chris, still a legend.
  • Sky now confirming as welll
  • Just heard, gutted, but was always going to go that way probably someone from Belguim lined up ready to take over.
  • Does RD think copying what he did at Standard is going to work for Charlton?
  • On sky sports now. I just cannot believe it. Sad sad day.
  • We were warned this sort of thing would happen,Roly would come in and piss people off...you can say that look what he did for Standard but they were already in the top division in Belgium not on their way to the 3rd tier.
  • Just hope for 'new manager syndrome' next Sat.