Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Powell Sacked - CONFIRMED

Comments

• Yep if true RD will bring an unknown european, probably an assistant coach from one of his other clubs, and we must have a director of football, both of whom will need a translator.
  • Absolute disgrace, sorry but we are down
  • Bad move RD.
  • Cawley saying the reason is because CP wouldn't play RD's players.
  • In the gutted brigade. Seriously p*ssed off. Guess the Powell Out gang can start crowing. Who will be coming in??????
  • Hopefully a McDermott happens
  • edited March 2014
    Not surprised. If everything was ok he would have signed that new contract in a nano second. Personally the longer the contract scenario dragged on, the more likely he was going to walk. Roland wanted an answer, and got fed up waiting.

Powell is respected by his fellow pro's so he will be ok for a job in some capacity.

Do it Roland's way, or find another job. Never a dull moment being a Charlton fan.
  • Sponsored links:

• Gutted .
  • I woke up this morning after a day and a half of depression. Right back down there now. Thanks Chris and good luck.
  • I heard something similar @Bedsaddick‌

Gutted for him, but it's a results game. Harsh I know but that's how it is
  • Sad.

Jams called it last night:

I am not in the know, I am just passing along what I have heard - that Powell has been sacked and it will be announced tomorrow.
  • Gutting and great timing with 2 crucial games coming up. Thanks Chris, I loved having you as our manager. I hope you get backed in your next role so you can show, again, what you can do with support.

Well aside from the goalie it is a bit odd not to play AA Reza etc

I wonder how true that is?

Maybe now we will have players not good enough for the championship, managed by a manager who doesn't know the championship. It might just work! ;-)
  • Hopefully a McDermott happens

Not the same, he was sacked on the instructions of some one who did not own the club, we are more like Cardiff, new owner can do what he likes. Let us hope it just newspaper bo**l.
  • Sponsored links:

• Doesn't matter who comes in. Thuram in goal. Nego right back AA midfield reza and pete up top. Fill in the blanks with whatever we have left and don't even ask to try anything else.

What a naive foolish owner we have now. Come back mysterons
  • im very dissapointed, worst timing ever.We might aswel say we wont turn up for the rest of the season now.Fuming aint the word
  • This explains the performance on Sunday. CP refuses to player, teams heart not in it. If you recorded it, take a look at the preview and see CP and KP at the tunnel. They do not look like they are very happy.

I think there is only one man to take over until the end of the season and that is Curbs. Malky or Warnock close behind.
  • Lot's of players out of contract and bigger clubs looking at our youngsters...this is going to get very ugly.
  • He was being pressured last week into playing his network players in the cup game, including the goalkeeper.

Could never understand on Sunday why it just 'didnt feel right' as a performance. I think it is clear now that it is a very unhappy, divided camp.
  • Hopefully CP takes over QPR in the summer and gets them promoted with a record points total, just like he did the last time he was given support.

It won't affect us because we'll be in League One.
  • se9addick said:

Absolutely terrible decision to sack Powell. He can do a lot better than the nonsense he's had to put up with, but I doubt we can do much better than him at the moment.

My feelings summed up exactly.
  • Gutted. From Powelly's point of view he's probably better off out of our basket case of a club at the moment.

Wish him all the very best wherever he goes.