Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

***The Takeover thread mk. 3.0 (IT"S NOT DONE - BUT YOU HAVE BEEN!!!)***

Comments

• Options

It feels a bit like we are 'Out of the frying pan........................

but into what?

• Options

We are still going to be in a relegation battle imo, but I'm guessing by the end of Jan we will be a lot better equipped for it.

We could do with totally f*cking up the pitch v Oxford on wednesday so the Barnsley game has to be called off and re-arranged for when we have our 4 new signings from Standard Liege
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    A couple of loans to get us safely to middish table will probably be the best we can hope for. With a possible late push a la last season to end up a face-saving respectable top 10. To get from 19th to top 6 would take greater investment than waiting to start again next year.
  • Options
    Great news, hope Roland sorts out Chris Powell's contract as a matter of urgency, starting with canceling it!!
  • Options
    Is it possible to travel by train from Liege to Charlton via Brussels and Ebbsfleet?
    How long would that take, and how much would it cost...I'm simply thinking about Roland's daily commute, and whether CL should do an auction for a Hudl to entertain him on his journey :-)
  • Options
    Worrying times
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Off_it said:

All good. Well done.

Slater's statement is wrong In one important respect - they have wrecked the non-football staff and that will need to be addressed. Removing Prothero was the essential first step. Now they need to appoint a chief executive who isn't Steve Bradshaw to pick up the pieces.

Surely not so hard to fix. Getting Airman back on board would be a good start.
    Jesus, let's let the ink dry first before starting calls for the messiahs return!
    That's not happening, so let's not get distracted. My point is that the leadership of the non-football side is inadequate and that's why, for example, we have the pitch problem. Get the leadership right and everything else will fall into place - and that doesn't mean bringing any individual back, it means having someone on site in day-to-day single authority who knows what they are doing and holds those below him (her) to account.
  • Options
    "subject to legal formalities ".I wonder what they might be exactly ? Stabilization of the club in the Championship also seems to be a conservative aim ...in the medium to long term .Good Luck ,however ,to RD
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    nothing to worry about here let's all pull together now
  • Options
    Great stuff! Bring on the 4G pitch.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:

I have heard that Roland is not here to move us to the peninsula.........

Maybe not in the short term but I'll bet he won't rule it out completely

• Options
    kentred2 said:

Worrying times

Why? Are you a Millwall fan?

• Options
    One reason for Slater to stay on is that they still have to settle with Steve Kavanagh, to my knowledge.
  • Options
    some people are going to have massive holes in there lives now this takeover has gone through.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

All good. Well done.

Slater's statement is wrong In one important respect - they have wrecked the non-football staff and that will need to be addressed. Removing Prothero was the essential first step. Now they need to appoint a chief executive who isn't Steve Bradshaw to pick up the pieces.

Jesus, let's let the ink dry first before starting calls for the messiahs return!
    Somehow I see that as being massive personality clash!
  • Options
    I wouldn't expect him to splash too much cash by all accounts, still very pleased with the takeover.
  • Options

Off thread but we need two new strikers. Three in midfield and IMHO two centre backs.

this all day long, wow cannot belive some think the players we have would push us on if we added two!
  • Options
    Slater - "We believe we have found an investor with extensive knowledge of football who is well placed to stabilize the club in the Championship and help the club to develop on a sensible commercial basis."

Think people need to keep their feet on the ground. Still good news though.
  • Options
    edited January 2014

Off_it said:

All good. Well done.

That's not happening, so let's not get distracted. My point is that the leadership of the non-football side is inadequate and that's why, for example, we have the pitch problem. Get the leadership right and everything else will fall into place - and that doesn't mean bringing any individual back, it means having someone on site in day-to-day authority who knows what they are doing and holds those below him (her) to account.
    I appreciate it looks bad if Airman comments but his achievements should not be ignored. He will rightly attribute much credit to others, but his vision really moved the club forwards and it annoys me when people are happy to ignore them. We are at a stage where crowds are falling and we need that sort of vision, that I haven't seen from anybody else in his role since I have supported the club. Not important now some might say - I would say it is bloody important.
  • Options
    Bet that Angeldust fella is keeping a low profile today
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sounds like there are some good people in situ already at the club, Ben who Fanny dealt with on Back to the Valley Dinner for one, so as I said pull together onwards and upwards.
  • Options
    edited January 2014

Off thread but we need two new strikers. Three in midfield and IMHO two centre backs.

this all day long, wow cannot belive some think the players we have would push us on if we added two!
    If we were only two players away from promotion we would be a lot higher up the league. The number is a lot nearer to 6/7 players needed for a serious promotion push. I think 2 players would take us into mid table. This is what i expect to happen between now and the end of the season and hopefully a further push in the summer.

If he wants promotion expect to be saying good bye to a lot of popular players in the summer.
  • Options
    Excellent, excellent news.
  • Options

If we were only two players away from promotion we would be a lot higher up the league. The number is a lot nearer to 6/7 players needed for a serious promotion push. I think 2 players would take us into mid table. This is what i expect to happen between now and the end of the season.
    It doesn't always work like that. If we could get goals into the team it would have a massive impact on results.
  • Options
    Does owning 100% of the shares equate to 100% ownership of The Valley and Training Ground, I wonder?
  • Options

We are still going to be in a relegation battle imo, but I'm guessing by the end of Jan we will be a lot better equipped for it.

With the league as tight as it always is a load of new signings could see us mount a promotion campaign. Now I don't want to get carried away, but Champions league footballl..
  • Options
    itsmyball said:

some people are going to have massive holes in there lives now this takeover has gone through.

More like Charlton supporters can get on with their lives now that this takeover has gone through

• Options

If we were only two players away from promotion we would be a lot higher up the league. The number is a lot nearer to 6/7 players needed for a serious promotion push. I think 2 players would take us into mid table. This is what i expect to happen between now and the end of the season.
    It doesn't always work like that. If we could get goals into the team it would have a massive impact on results.
    I know what you're saying but i don't rate the players ability throughout the team as highly as you.
  • Options

Bet that Angeldust fella is keeping a low profile today

He said Roland might want to sell the club earlier than you think to Pv. My guessing is PV didn't want to give slater and jiminez a penny.

Anyway, for now let's get behind the club and being positive on and off the pitch.
  • Options

One reason for Slater to stay on is that they still have to settle with Steve Kavanagh, to my knowledge.

Standard practice to stay on for a hand over period in most businesses. Cant understand why you use the forum as a soap box against your greviences. Getting a bit boring now.