Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

***The Takeover thread mk. 3.0 (IT"S NOT DONE - BUT YOU HAVE BEEN!!!)***

Comments

• Options
    @CAFCofficial: Some BIG breaking news coming up....#cafc

ITS HAPPENING
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    The other problem is that these are players that are not playing in a Belgian league team - now if they were Barca reserves, that's one thing - but we can't be sure what the differential is between Standard and the Championship. One of the players mentioned, Chrissy seems to know from his time at Leicester though. I think we are not going to be able to make the required push up the league with Standard liege cast offs though - but a couple may help. We need to find that elusive striker to play alongside Kermogant that we really have been missing.
  • Options
    Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 12s
    Some BIG breaking news coming up....#cafc
  • Options
    Ben Smith ‏@BenSmithBBC 5m
    Belgian millionaire Roland Duchatelet has completed a takeover of Charlton Athletic. More on @BBCSport shortly
  • Options
    If Chris has some cash it will be a huge lift, and he will handle it excellently if you ask me, it reminds me of when Curbs bought mendonca, we suddenly were adding to the team not taking away. For me Chris has proved himself over these last few years big time, taking the rough patches very well indeed, now would be a terrific time to give him a chance to add some quality in key areas, plug the gaps, and really show what he can do, we wouldnt need a lot of money either Id imagine, He would know this league and what kind of player, and to be fair he probably knows exactly who he needs already.

Give Chris a few quid and a couple of seasons and I can really see us going places...

• Options
    What could it be
  • Options
    The news that Prothero is going warms my heart.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    WHIPEEEEEEEEEEEEE
  • Options
    HOORAY !!
  • Options
    @CAFCofficial: TAKEOVER COMPLETE: Charlton Athletic has been taken over by Belgian entrepreneur Roland Duchâtelet --> http://t.co/J9AkRdWRIe #cafc
  • Options
    Hallelujah!
  • Options
    Acquiring 100% of the shares incl Murray's but he stays as non-exec chairman which is good.
  • Options

The news that Prothero is going warms my heart.

me too

I'm very pleased Murray is remaining on the board - It is a good sign.

me too

• Options
    Taking 100% of the shares. Interesting to see what role Murray will have.
  • Options

The other problem is that these are players that are not playing in a Belgian league team - now if they were Barca reserves, that's one thing - but we can't be sure what the differential is between Standard and the Championship. One of the players mentioned, Chrissy seems to know from his time at Leicester though. I think we are not going to be able to make the required push up the league with Standard liege cast offs though - but a couple may help. We need to find that elusive striker to play alongside Kermogant that we really have been missing.

Do not underestimate the quality of this Standard team. They have some very decent players coming through the ranks. Exciting times IMHO
  • Options
    Watch out the rest of the Championship - A stronger, fitter Charlton are after you!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Protheroe has gone as well.
  • Options

do the old Director loans remain though I wonder

• Options
    "stabilise the club in the Championship"???

I thought we were going for the Premier League and then Europe?

Duchatelet out!!!!

:)
  • Options
    Welcome
  • Options
    Glad to see Richard Murray staying on at the club... It means we've got someone staying on in the background who understands Charlton Athletic and what we've been through so if Roland does want to make a stupid call, Murray can advise him of how we'd take it almost
  • Options
    Oi Oi…..Lets all have a party, bring the vodka and the charlie!!
  • Options

do the old Director loans remain though I wonder

Whatever some may say about him - Murray is a supporter - he also knows the club and it's culture and what is wrong with it and what is right with it, so hopefully the new owner will use him as a sounding board. I'm sure Murray will be re-affirming Chrissy's credentials and explaining the love the fans have for him.
  • Options
    Michael Slater, Tony Jimenez and Martin Prothero all gone!! Murray stays! Ideal scenario
  • Options
    Thank God it's finally done.....Phew.....