Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

***The Takeover thread mk. 3.0 (IT"S NOT DONE - BUT YOU HAVE BEEN!!!)***

Comments

• Options
    I think the digs at the old regime are unnecessary

I have reservations about this but good luck Ronald
  • Options
    Get in. Can't argue with slaters comments either. Actually looking forward to Jan now and lets hope they show some faith in Powell - he has earned the right to prove he can do it in the champ like he did in L1 after a shocking first season.a
  • Options
    have we signed anyone yet?
  • Options
    What we gonna talk about on here now? :(
  • Options
    Yeah rat fans.
  • Options
    great news. I am not great with business but i am i correct on thinking that for them to have 100% shares an agreement would have been made to the old debts and we could now be debt free?
  • Options
    About bloody time! The first thing he must do is sort the contract situations out. Starting with Powell.
  • Options
    Will be interesting to see who else he appoints to the board. I'm half expecting a sporting director / director of football which could undermine CP's role as manager...maybe?
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    All good. Well done.

Slater's statement is wrong In one important respect - they have wrecked the non-football staff and that will need to be addressed. Removing Prothero was the essential first step. Now they need to appoint a chief executive who isn't Steve Bradshaw to pick up the pieces.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Richard Murray staying as non-executive chairman ensures continuity and clearly means that other directors can leave. They leave the club with smaller losses and in a higher division than when they arrived.
    The Baton passes on!
    Nice one!
  • Options
    on the yellow banner on SSN.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I honestly believe we are only 2 players away from being as good as anybody in this league. I have believed it all season and it is one of the reasons it has been so frustrating of late. True, alongside that the squad needs a bit of re-strengthening, but I don't think it requires that much to fix. I wouldn't swap our full backs with anybody - Morro is an excellent Centre half- Cosuins and Stephens are getting stronger in the middle. Kermogant has class - Wilson is very solid. I look forward to seeing th ebusiness that will be done in this window.
  • Options

I'm very pleased Murray is remaining on the board - It is a good sign.

Ittv will be delighted murray stays

• Options

“In every important respect we leave the club in a far better state than when we took over three years ago"
    Said Michael Slater as he took a final walk across the Valley outfield, before slipping and falling in the mud

Wouldnt it be great to get Man City at home if we made the 4th Round of the cup!!
  • Options
    refuse to give him a comp, make him pay
  • Options
    We need a statement from Roland now.
  • Options

great news. I am not great with business but i am i correct on thinking that for them to have 100% shares an agreement would have been made to the old debts and we could now be debt free?

no - the ownership of the club changes hands, but the debts that "belonged" to the club still belong to the club. That would be factored into the price of the deal.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cant get on the OS at work, can someone cut & paste please :-)
  • Options
    edited January 2014

All good. Well done.

Slater's statement is wrong In one important respect - they have wrecked the non-football staff and that will need to be addressed. Removing Prothero was the essential first step. Now they need to appoint a chief executive who isn't Steve Bradshaw to pick up the pieces.

In all due respect that is hard for those on the outside to have an opinion on.
  • Options
    The company buying us has an interesting name, all I say is Powell must stay you pricks :-)
  • Options
    "Tony Jimenez and Martin Prothero are also stepping down from the board of directors"

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Swisdom said:

I'm very pleased Murray is remaining on the board - It is a good sign.

Ittv will be delighted murray stays

We all know Murray has made mistakes, but I can understand why he made them and I know he has accepted he has made them. He supports and loves th eclub. If some ITTV members can't see that he has a lot to offer - well that is their problem. The same goes for Chrissy. He was backed and made some terrific signings in League One - let's see what he does when backed in the Championship.
  • Options

I honestly believe we are only 2 players away from being as good as anybody in this league. I have believed it all season and it is one of the reasons it has been so frustrating of late. True, alongside that the squad needs a bit of re-strengthening, but I don't think it requires that much to fix. I wouldn't swap our full backs with anybody - Morro is an excellent Centre half- Cosuins and Stephens are getting stronger in the middle. Kermogant has class - Wilson is very solid. I look forward to seeing th ebusiness that will be done in this window.

Two players away, your having a laugh.
    Make that about 6
  • Options
    I feel his comment “We believe we have found an investor with extensive knowledge of football who is well placed to stabilize the club in the Championship and help the club to develop on a sensible commercial basis” is slightly off, Im not sure why, maybe sour grapes, maybe a comment admitting they ran out of money, maybe just a straight up view, but something doesnt quite sit right, as has been the case for a lot of their reign whilst in the championship to be fair... anyway f*** that he's yesterdays chip paper now ....

New dawn, new times, and lets hope this one is the right one, let's hope we have the right combo of investment and managerial expertise to really turn this club back into a force to be reckoned with...

COME ON YOU REEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    If those 2 players are Messi and Ronaldo he'd be right. Otherwise we need at least 4.
  • Options

Two players away, your having a laugh.
    Make that about 6
    No two - a goalscoring striker and a creative, lively wide man.