Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

***The Takeover thread mk. 3.0 (IT"S NOT DONE - BUT YOU HAVE BEEN!!!)***

Comments

• Options
    DA9 said:

Cant get on the OS at work, can someone cut & paste please :-)

Charlton Athletic has been taken over by Belgian entrepreneur Roland Duchâtelet, whose company, Staprix NV will acquire 100 per cent of the shares of the club

Charlton Athletic has been taken over by Belgian entrepreneur Roland Duchâtelet, whose company, Staprix NV will acquire 100 per cent of the shares of the club, subject only to some final legal formalities. Staprix is an investment vehicle with several football-related interests. The terms of the deal are confidential.

Richard Murray, who will remain on the board and become non-executive Chairman, commented: “I look forward to using my long experience in English football to continue to represent the club that has been my passion for many years. Charlton can benefit from Roland’s experience in many different ways.”

Outgoing Chairman Michael Slater, who will step down from the board after a short handover period, added: “In every important respect we leave the club in a far better state than when we took over three years ago, but now is the time to pass the baton to Roland who has a proven track record of success in business and football.

“We believe we have found an investor with extensive knowledge of football who is well placed to stabilize the club in the Championship and help the club to develop on a sensible commercial basis”.

Tony Jimenez and Martin Prothero are also stepping down from the board of directors.

Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/20140103-duchatelet-completes-charlton-takeover-1273149.aspx#tPeYxMp5OEmrcsVx.99
  • Options
    SSN now reporting on it (from inside the studio).

just said he is 8th richest man in Belgium and worth £420m??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Welcome Roland. Look after Chris Powell.
  • Options
    Nice one FA
  • Options
    Plastic pitch in the summer?
  • Options
    Is it about now that I wake up and Bobby Ewing is getting out of the shower?
  • Options

All good. Well done.

Slater's statement is wrong In one important respect - they have wrecked the non-football staff and that will need to be addressed. Removing Prothero was the essential first step. Now they need to appoint a chief executive who isn't Steve Bradshaw to pick up the pieces.

Surely not so hard to fix. Getting Airman back on board would be a good start.
  • Options

I honestly believe we are only 2 players away from being as good as anybody in this league. I have believed it all season and it is one of the reasons it has been so frustrating of late. True, alongside that the squad needs a bit of re-strengthening, but I don't think it requires that much to fix. I wouldn't swap our full backs with anybody - Morro is an excellent Centre half- Cosuins and Stephens are getting stronger in the middle. Kermogant has class - Wilson is very solid. I look forward to seeing th ebusiness that will be done in this window.

Two players away, your having a laugh.
    Make that about 6
    Maybe...

Hamer / Alnwick
    Solly - Morrison - (Newbie) - Wiggins
    Wilson - Cousins - Stephens - (Newbie)
    Kermorgant - (Newbie)

Bench
    Hamer / Alnwick - (New versatile RB / LB) - Wood - (New CM) - (New Winger) - Church - (Striker)
  • Options
    Nice one but of course some of us knew this news weeks ago...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I honestly believe we are only 2 players away from being as good as anybody in this league. I have believed it all season and it is one of the reasons it has been so frustrating of late. True, alongside that the squad needs a bit of re-strengthening, but I don't think it requires that much to fix. I wouldn't swap our full backs with anybody - Morro is an excellent Centre half- Cosuins and Stephens are getting stronger in the middle. Kermogant has class - Wilson is very solid. I look forward to seeing th ebusiness that will be done in this window.

Make that about 6
    Maybe...

Hamer / Alnwick
    Kermorgant - (Newbie)

Bench
    Hamer / Alnwick - (New versatile RB / LB) - Wood - (New CM) - (New Winger) - Church - (Striker)

A side looking to contest at the top end of the championship would need a better right midfielder and a more creative central midfielder
  • Options
    FA Cup final then Playoff final at Wembley here we come......Gonna go buy my early train tickets now!!!!
  • Options
    Great news. However everyone is getting carried away with wanting immediate action. It is likely we will have a few loans to ensure we don't go down. However there will be no rushing of contracts. SCP or anyone else in my view.
    As for debt we will have it depends how it is financed. The share capital will be for a nominal sum and then he will lend CA money to pay off the outstanding debts. I would assume this to include some sort of pay off to the old directors but probably not to the bank. So we still have the same amount of debt but now all due to the Belgian and a bit to the banks.
  • Options
    A nice gesture required by Roland.

A crate of Trappist beers to all season ticket holders, perhaps?
  • Options

Make that about 6
    Maybe...

Hamer / Alnwick
    Kermorgant - (Newbie)

Bench
    Yes along the lines I am thinking - JJ still has a role but increasingly from the bench, Pritchard has not had the best of season, but it would be foolish to write him off. I was thinking about another centre half and agree one of the right qulaity playing alongside Morro would make us better, but it isn't an area of compartive weakness. We do also need to strengthen the squad. But new players wide left and up front in the formation you have shown could really make us an excellent side - if of course they are top quality. It will be a case of qulaity not quanity I think.
  • Options

Plastic pitch in the summer?

I'd prefer a pitch that's actually FA legal so we're allowed to play games on it.

Pleased that the takeover has happened. Not expecting everything to be rosey and huge money to be thrown at things, but then I don't think I want that risk to be taken with our club anyway. Another interesting chapter is about to start I feel.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    We are still going to be in a relegation battle imo, but I'm guessing by the end of Jan we will be a lot better equipped for it.
  • Options
    redman said:

Great news. However everyone is getting carried away with wanting immediate action. It is likely we will have a few loans to ensure we don't go down. However there will be no rushing of contracts. SCP or anyone else in my view.
    As for debt we will have it depends how it is financed. The share capital will be for a nominal sum and then he will lend CA money to pay off the outstanding debts. I would assume this to include some sort of pay off to the old directors but probably not to the bank. So we still have the same amount of debt but now all due to the Belgian and a bit to the banks.

Don't be so sensible! Let's enjoy it while we can!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    So we are now owned by "staprix"? No room for any puerile sexual organ related puns there then.
  • Options

Is it about now that I wake up and Bobby Ewing is getting out of the shower?

It's what he's been doing while you've been in there with him that's left it's mark!

• Options

Make that about 6
    Maybe...

Hamer / Alnwick
    Kermorgant - (Newbie)

Bench
    Yes along the lines I am thinking - JJ still has a role but increasingly from the bench, Pritchard has not had the best of season, but it would be foolish to write him off. I was thinking about another centre half and agree one of the right qulaity playing alongside Morro would make us better, but it isn't an area of compartive weakness. We do also need to strengthen the squad. But new players wide left and up front in the formation you have shown could really make us an excellent side - if of course they are top quality. It will be a case of qulaity not quanity I think.
    Whoops forgot about Jacko... Replace (New CM) with him on the bench... Pritchard I'd keep for experience and squad depth... I'd be happy to keep Wood in the starting eleven yet in the back of my head is a voice saying "Not the quickest"...

Especially if you watch the penalty highlights where the Ipswich commentators say they cant believe Darryl Murphy beat him for pace

• Options
    Off thread but we need two new strikers. Three in midfield and IMHO two centre backs.
  • Options

200/1 with Paddy Power for promotion this season.

Would be work a couple of quid.

• Options

Love it. He's been in charge 33 minutes and people have already got lists of demands.

lol! Think they came out before he'd even taken over... Contracts / Signings / Pitch ;-)