Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Best Christmas Movie

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    There are three types of Christmas film. 

1. Films about Xmas
    2. Films set during Xmas
    3. Films we watch at Xmas

With that in mind, I’d go: 

1. National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation
    2. Die Hard or Gremlins
    3. Wizard of Oz Edit - I made a huge mistake. Clearly it's the LotR trilogy. 

I would still go:

1. NL Christmas Vacation
    2. NL Christmas Vacation
    3. NL Christmas Vacation

• Options
    Every year my misses tell me The Holiday is the best xmas movie ever if that helps 😳
  • Options
    It's Brazil innit?

Image result for brazil movie
  • Options
    It's Brazil innit?

God I hate that film . Gilliam at his worst 
  • Options
    It's Brazil innit?

Mate, no matter what you think of that film, he’s gone way lower than that!!
  • Options
    I've promised myself I'll finally get round to watching "it's a wonderful life' this year.
    Don’t bother. 
  • Options
    I've promised myself I'll finally get round to watching "it's a wonderful life' this year.
    Don’t bother. 
    This is the first time ever you have posted something I disagree with. Are you drunk?
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    It's Brazil innit?

Mate, no matter what you think of that film, he’s gone way lower than that!!
    Very true . I actually walked out of the cinema when watching The Man Who Killed Don Quixote . What a mess 
  • Options
    Don’t bother. 
    This is the first time ever you have posted something I disagree with. Are you drunk?
    Stone cold sober. It bored me to tears. 
  • Options
    Don’t bother. 
    Did you see the whole film? I can understand why someone might switch off halfway through. It's slow and relatively uneventful. However, the second half is what lifts it into 'classic' status, not just for the uplifting final scenes but the surprisingly dark scenes where James Stewart's character gets to breaking point. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Don’t bother. 
    Did you see the whole film? I can understand why someone might switch off halfway through. It's slow and relatively uneventful. However, the second half is what lifts it into 'classic' status, not just for the uplifting final scenes but the surprisingly dark scenes where James Stewart's character gets to breaking point. 
    The French version, Angel by Luc Beson, (I think I’m correct
    ), is  really good but you do have to read subtitles. Nothing to do with Christmas and the main character isn’t a good man. Really worth an hour or two of your life. 
  • Options
    Went to see Home Alone in the cinema today with the kids, was brilliant to hear all the kids in the room laughing so much at the slapstick bits in the last half ab hour or so.
  • Options
    If anyone's looking for an off the wall choice, Love & Peace by Sion Sono contains, I think, the best Father Christmas re-imagining I've seen, despite being a madcap Japanese comedy about a lonely loser who wishes on a magic terrapin, who lives in a sewer with a tramp and a load of creepy discarded toys, to become a stadium rock star, only to find the terrapin grows in correlation with his ambitions as his career explodes. If you can find it, it's something to see, and the Father Xmas storyline had me in bits the first time I saw it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KNfYMUEJkkk