Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Best Christmas Movie

Comments

• Options
    The Polar Express
  • Options
    How slow do you type !! 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    How slow do you type !! 
    At least i would of punctuated correctly.

CL Grammar Squad, he's all yours!
  • Options
    Would recommend The Christmas Chronicles on netflix. Thoroughly enjoyed that as did my kids. The second one is out today too
    Thank you the wife really enjoyed it, she now want to see the second one as well.
    yes, I caught that thanks to my younger daughter - I thought it was going to be naff, but it picked up really well, and had some stellar moments - Santa was great. Hoping to catch the new one at the weekend.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    How slow do you type !! 
    At least i would of punctuated correctly.

CL Grammar Squad, he's all yours!
    I'm not sure if I've just been wooshed here.
  • Options
    The Holiday
    Elf
    Santa Who?

• Options
    A few favourites

Planes Trains and  Automobiles 
    The Odd Couple
    Some Like It Hot
    How To Murder Your Wife
    Kind Hearts And Coronets 
    Airplane
    Love Planes Trains and Automobiles but isn’t that Thanksgiving?
  • Options
    Scrooge/Christmas Carol - Alistair Sim version 1951. The only film I have watched every Christmas period since I can remember. Fantastic.
  • Options
    Office Christmas Party
  • Options
    A few favourites

The Odd Couple
    Some Like It Hot
    How To Murder Your Wife
    Kind Hearts And Coronets 
    Airplane
    Yes it is.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A few favourites

The Odd Couple
    Some Like It Hot
    How To Murder Your Wife
    Kind Hearts And Coronets 
    Airplane
    As above yes you are right, Thanksgiving, that US tradition, still
    a great film though.
    My list is really  favourite films at Christmas, rather than films
    about Christmas ;)
  • Options
    Halix said:
    The Bishops Wife with David Niven & Cary Grant. Sentimental tosh but a real annual favourite.
    I’m not sure two skirt chasers, at least on film, and the bishop’s wife is really a Christmas film. 
  • Options
    Miracle on 34th Street.
    Indeed. The original is a very good film. 
  • Options
    Miracle on 34th Street.
    Indeed. The original is a very good film. 
    I love the Richard Attenborough one - thinking of signing up for Now TV for December to watch that and It's a Wonderful Life.
  • Options
    Thinking of Christmas movies, nothing beats the original Scrooge 
    mind you, they should remane it Roland :s
  • Options
    Not a film, but the Tom and Jerry Christmas cartoon always speaks to me of Christmas  though recently  I've only seen it as a poor quality version on YouTube.
  • Options
    Home Alone by a mile for me.
    This
    Still this.
  • Options
    Arthur Christmas is a very good family animation film
  • Options
    I make a point of watching the Alistair Sim Christmas Carol every xmas eve 

It's a wonderful life 

Nativity 
  • Options
    What about Blackadder's Christmas Carol, very good and lighthearted ;)

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    A few favourites

The Odd Couple
    Some Like It Hot
    How To Murder Your Wife
    Kind Hearts And Coronets 
    Airplane

My list is really  favourite films at Christmas, rather than films
    about Christmas ;)
    I think that is another good list, or list idea, especially if you look at Xmas specials - especially if they are "Feature Length".

Only Fools & Horses has had some of the very best.

For me 'The Jolly Boys Outing' is No.1 of the lot, from the 18 they did.

Looking at movies screened over Xmas. 'Coming To America' has a nice Xmas memory, as they showed that on network TV for the 1st time, on I think that particular years Xmas day evening (I think may be Xmas 1990, or maybe 1991, possibly '92 - given the speed films went from cinema to TV back in't old days). 

The whole family sat pissing ourselves for nearly 2 hours. We absolutely loved it.

Other movies with Xmas memories (& probably shown a fair bit over many festive seasons:

'Duel' - by Steven Spielberg - Watching that at my Nan & Grandads, & being freaked out by the mad chase.

'Rear Window' - Watched for the first time over the Xmas period when I was a kid, & I am still mesmerised by it to this day.

'Field Of Dreams' - Another Xmas network TV premiere on Xmas day I think.

'Basil The great Mouse Detective' - Extremely happy to get that on VHS on Xmas day, as a kid.

In terms of out & out Xmas favourites though:

'Home Alone'
    'Home Alone 2'
    'Scrooged'
    'The Muppet Xmas Carol'
    'The Family Man'
    + a soft spot for 'An American Xmas Carol' with Henry Winkler (seen as a kid too)

• Options
    edited November 2020
    Halix said:
    The Bishops Wife with David Niven & Cary Grant. Sentimental tosh but a real annual favourite.
    I’m not sure two skirt chasers, at least on film, and the bishop’s wife is really a Christmas film. 

In it they dress a sodding big Christmas tree, go shopping for Christmas presents, theres Christmas animatronics in the shops, they rehearse a choir singing Christmas Carols, the Bishop gives the Christmas Mass, Children are playing in the snow in the Christmas Holidays, and Cary Grant is a bloody Angel so yes I think I can argue thats it probably is a Christmas Film.
  • Options
    Good as some of the film versions have been, I actually find A Christmas Carol to be a dreadful story. 
  • Options
    Almost that time... anyone watched the new one on Now yet, A Boy Called Christmas?  Worth a watch?

Away from the classics, Klaus is really good, but not been that fussed by other recent ones like Jingle Jangle or the Christmas Chronicles.

Been recommended Krampus, anyone seen it?
  • Options
    Almost that time... anyone watched the new one on Now yet, A Boy Called Christmas?  Worth a watch?

Away from the classics, Klaus is really good, but not been that fussed by other recent ones like Jingle Jangle or the Christmas Chronicles.

Been recommended Krampus, anyone seen it?
    Started to watch it on Sunday but fell asleep (to be fair I had just eaten a big roast beef dinner with half a bottle of wine). My wife and daughter weren’t impressed by it and even less so by my snoring.
  • Options
    Santa's Slay
  • Options
    Not long now @Bedsaddick
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Christmas Carol  - Alistair Sims. Wonderful in B and W.  Edit  just realised I had already posted on this last year (lucky I said the same film)
  • Options
    Scrooge/Christmas Carol - Alistair Sim version 1951. The only film I have watched every Christmas period since I can remember. Fantastic.
    This