Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Best Christmas Movie

Comments

• Options
    Riviera said:

Riviera said:

Stig said:

Riviera said:

Everyone who says It's a Wonderful Life also says that Fairytale of New York is the best Christmas song and Teenage Kicks is the best single ever.

And why do they say that? Because they've been brainwashed into doing so by the media.

Utter nonsense as usual . Why do you think your opinion is always right and everyone else's is wrong ?

Brainwashed by the media ??? About it's A Wonderful Life ??? Please explain

I first saw that film when I was 6 years old , long before I ever read a newspaper but thanks for telling me and many others we are wrong .

You should watch it , it might just make you a better person ...
    Without wanting to sound rude, I actually think there might be something in you statement about you watching it when you was 6 that might explain you liking it. I didn't see it at such an early age, I was in my forties when I saw it first and was left totally cold by it. Seeing it for the first time as an adult I had so many, "Yeah, but what if..?" questions that it just didn't hold together. I can imagine if I'd seen it for the first time when I was younger, I might have been less cynical and would unreservedly accepted all the positive life affirming messages that certain friends of mine absolutely love.
    Dear old Beds is only 15 now....
    Are you not overdue a new reincarnation Chirpy. I'm getting bored of this one. We should start calling you Dr Who.
    I thought we were mates now? If I put a ;-) on my message it means it's a joke.
    Your making me feel guilty. Have a Like point as compensation. ;-)
  • Options
    Elf, National Lampoons Christmas Vacation, Miracle on 34th Street, Love Actually, and Scrooge are all top Xmas films. Bad Santa isn't a bad call either, has some top moments.
  • Options
    Fred a Claus
  • Options
    Muppets Christmas Carol / Elf

Cannot bring myself to choose between the two.
  • Options
    24 Red said:

The Ice Harvest is worth seeing if your taste in Christmas films tends towards Bad Santa.

Is Elf suitable for kids?

Yes, definitely suitable for kids but you will enjoy it as well!
  • Options
    Home Alone by a mile for me.
  • Options

Miracle on 34th Street.

Can't believe poor old Christopher Crinkle took so long to get a mention !!

Love that film. And Elf

• Options

Stig said:

The Nightmare Before Christmas. Until Jack sings "What's this?", it ain't Christmas.

Like all Tim Burton films; brilliant visuals marred by the music.
    You MUST be kidding. Danny Elfman is a genius - "What's This?", the "Sally and Jack" theme and "Kidnap the Sandy Claws" are the three best songs ever written for a musical!
    you obviously have not seen the greatest musical ever- South park: bigger, longer and uncut.
  • Options
    I hate Elf.

What Chase can do with a National Lampoon's movie sums up why I hate Ferrell comedies so much.

The best Christmas movie is, and always will be, Christmas Vacation.
  • Options
    I've gotta go with Muppets Xmas Carol also - classic
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    the passion of the Christ.. just so you know what happens to that clute little mite in the crib when he gets bigger.
  • Options
    A Christmas carol?
    You know. With Scrooge in.
  • Options
    Christmas with the Kranks is shite.
  • Options
    Scrooged with Bill Murray.
    Die Hard 1&2
    Trading Places
    Wonderful Life
    Miracle on 34th Street
    Home Alone 1&2

I also like a Bond film to fall asleep to.
  • Options
    It's a wonderful life, tradition in my house to watch it every Christmas Eve
  • Options

Home Alone by a mile for me.

This
  • Options

Christmas with the Kranks is shite.

One of the very, very worst. Did you get past the 20 minute mark
  • Options
    A Christmas Carol (the original version) and, from recent times, The Polar Express is a beautiful film to watch with a child.
  • Options

It's A Wonderful Life

End of thread. The best ever Christmas movie. Would also include meet me in st Louis and Miracle on 34th Street. #oldschool
  • Options
    Scrooged, It's A Wonderful Life and Eve's Christmas, in that order.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My wife likes frozen, but I've had to point out that's it's set in the summer and is not a Christmas film.
  • Options
    Elf end of followed by White Christmas, love a bit of Bing and Doris.
  • Options
    It's got to be The Muppets Christmas Carol!
  • Options
    Dead end.
  • Options
    The Great Escape (hope its on again this year - forgotten some of the words)
    ELF
  • Options
    Santa Claus the movie with Dudley Moore and John Lithgow. Prob because it came out in 85 so would've frequented my childhood. Great film. I do also like it's a wonderful life, scrooged with Bill Murray. I liked the 2009 animated version of a Christmas Carol, it was Robert Zekemis who also did the Polar Express, another good one
  • Options
    Home Alone
    It's a Wonderful Life
    The Snowman

Not allowed to watch any until December though.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

Home Alone
    It's a Wonderful Life
    The Snowman

Not allowed to watch any until December though.

Good rule. I've been saying the same at work about listening to Saviour's day by cliff richard. Easily the best Xmas song ever, you don't want to spoil it and play it too early. You have to, for want of a better word, savour it
  • Options
    A Wonderful Life & High Noon. Classics
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Christmas Carol. The Jim Carey version
    Polar Express. Tom Hanks

Looks like I'll have to try and see Elf