Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Beer

Comments

• Options
    Chances are that darker beer (double or quadruple) are more to your liking . Have you tried Leffe Brown ? I think you seldom find people drinking both Blond/tripel ánd Brown beer .. It's usually the one or the other …
  • Options
    Bone Up El Pulpo - Imperial stout brewed with cocoa nibs and orange. Come with a slice of Terry’s Chocolate Orange.
  • Options

One of my favorite beer days. The wild beer rumpus at Novare Res in Portland Maine. A quick Cantillion rhubarb lambic to start the day.

Great places - both Navare Res and Portland. Went to both during our New England tour a couple of years ago.
  • Options

Bone Up El Pulpo - Imperial stout brewed with cocoa nibs and orange. Come with a slice of Terry’s Chocolate Orange.

Want!
  • Options
    For us teetotallers Heineken 0 tastes pretty good to me but then again, not sure I can remember what real beer tastes like.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    For Thanksgiving I just had a bottle version of the El Pulpo that had been aged in bourbon barrels. It was outstanding.
  • Options

I read this as an instruction and was thinking to myself, is there a Lifer called El Pulpo. I'm relieved to find there's not.
  • Options
    Rochford Beer Festival tomorrow. Can't wait. I'll report back when I get home, but don't expect too much sense.

https://www.see.camra.org.uk/viewnode.php?id=14968
  • Options

Looks a decent beer @SomervilleAddick
    Drinking cigar city from Florida yesterday.

@Stig some decent beers but not the breweries best offerings if magic rock (national) and wibblers (Essex) are anything to go by.
  • Options
    This place works, 95p a pint!

Off to Cracovia v Wroclaw tonight.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tyskie on tap is very easy on the tastebuds. I was not expecting a cinema next to Cracovia's ground to be my pre-match beer. Literally zero in the way of boozers near the ground.
  • Options
    Stopped off at Deptford Station en route to the Valley today and popped into the very impressive ‘Villages Brewery’ - a microbrewery under the arches 2 minutes from the station at 21-22 Resolution Way - http://www.villagesbrewery.com/

Well worth a visit. Good beer and a very nice atmosphere.

Rounded off with a couple of pints and a wood-fired pizza at the Hopstuff Taproom at 3 Market Yard, which is even nearer Deptford Station - https://www.hopstuffbrewery.com/taprooms/deptford-se8

With the addition of the excellent Dog and Bell, I think that Deptford is becoming an increasingly attractive option for a pre-match noggin for those supporters travelling in via central London.
  • Options
    Love Villages....and also had a pizza and a beer in the Taproom today before the match....after picking up my craft beer advent calendar from Hop Burns and Black (bottle shop between Villages and Taproom, also worth a visit for take outs...). Deptford is 'avin it... :-)
  • Options
    Deptford certainly is ‘avin it ! A really good pre-match option, to add to Greenwich, Blackheath and the White Swan.

I see that the licence for Hopstuff’s proposed Greenwich Taproom prohibited drinking outside by the river following objections from local residents, so that looks to be a dead duck, which is a shame.
  • Options
    Stig said:

Rochford Beer Festival tomorrow. Can't wait. I'll report back when I get home, but don't expect too much sense.

https://www.see.camra.org.uk/viewnode.php?id=14968

Some excellent beers. Nice seasonal collection of stouts, porters and winter ales. Anastasia Russian Imperial Stout from Barlow, Downland's Old and Humpty Dumpty's Christmas Crack were all very good. Best beer for me was SS9 from Leigh-on-Sea.
  • Options
    Blucher said:

Stopped off at Deptford Station en route to the Valley today and popped into the very impressive ‘Villages Brewery’ - a microbrewery under the arches 2 minutes from the station at 21-22 Resolution Way - http://www.villagesbrewery.com/

Well worth a visit. Good beer and a very nice atmosphere.

Rounded off with a couple of pints and a wood-fired pizza at the Hopstuff Taproom at 3 Market Yard, which is even nearer Deptford Station - https://www.hopstuffbrewery.com/taprooms/deptford-se8

With the addition of the excellent Dog and Bell, I think that Deptford is becoming an increasingly attractive option for a pre-match noggin for those supporters travelling in via central London.

How much was it for a pint Blucher?
  • Options
    Villages Brewery was £4. The Hopstuff Taproom was a bit more - maybe £4.20 or a bit more for the really strong stuff
  • Options
    Went to the Rake tonight by Southwark Cathedral. Not been for about 4 or 5 years and sad to see it is now an IPA hipster type place. Used to like the Belgian niche it had. I suppose it is to be expected, but a shame.

Ate at Casa do frango up the road which was excellent Portuguese, if a bit pricey compared to Stockwell /Vauxhall.

Had a couple in the Old Kings Head, which was knocking out Harvey's at just £3.50, which you can't complain at.
  • Options
    Finished my assorted St Peters bottles this evening. The plum porter is highly recommended
  • Options
    edited November 2018

Been on the Red Raddle and the Layer Cake tonight. Bit wasted.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Looks like some nice stouts there!
  • Options
    Had a Sierra Nevada in The Railway/Blackheath last night. A very nice pint but a shame it cost £5.75!!!
  • Options

Had a Sierra Nevada in The Railway/Blackheath last night. A very nice pint but a shame it cost £5.75!!!

You alright Elfs, £5.75? You had a touch on the lotttery? Don't forget your mates :-)
  • Options

A pint - not a little stubby?
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

Looks like some nice stouts there!

Stouts are not my thing but had a taster of the Binghams vanilla and it was quite nice actually.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Stig said:

A pint - not a little stubby?
    Nope, only drink pots. A stubby is for lightweights.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

You alright Elfs, £5.75? You had a touch on the lotttery? Don't forget your mates :-)
    I did break out into a sweat when I put my hand in my pocket.

I won the lottery.....when I met you!
  • Options
    Made a start on the Christmas advent calendar... Yesterday was the Sierra Nevada pale ale (not to my liking really) and today is a westmalle Trappist Dubbel which I'm looking forward to
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

Made a start on the Christmas advent calendar... Yesterday was the Sierra Nevada pale ale (not to my liking really) and today is a westmalle Trappist Dubbel which I'm looking forward to

We bought these for our two sons - they are well impressed.