Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Beer

Comments

• Options

Buxton x Omnipollo - Anniversary Coward 
    Imperial stout to celebrate anniversary of yellow belly 
    A fantastic beer.

• Options
    Tap takeover tonight  upland is a fantastic brewery if you like the sours
  • Options
    Plum and cardamom sour. I vote yes. 
  • Options
    The bartender challenged me. Challenge accepted. All empty, and well worth the effort. 

• Options
    £12 quid a bottle !!!
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    I'd tell the barman where to go if he 'challenged' me to spend £50 on the equivalent of about two and a half pints.
  • Options
    Also 12oz costing more than 3 times 4oz is daft.  
  • Options
    That said, the chocolate and the plum ones in particular do sound very nice Somerville!
  • Options
    I'd tell the barman where to go if he 'challenged' me to spend £50 on the equivalent of about two and a half pints.
    It didn’t go down quite like that. I told her I was going to drink all six, and she didn’t believe me. 

The bottles were half litres, so three and a half pints, but certainly overpriced. 

I wish I’d spotted the pricing error there, I would have ordered 3 4oz beers. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not a big fan of bottled beers, but I have recently discovered BrewDog - Dead Pony Club, Session IPA.
    Great flavour for a 3.8%. Very satisfying.

BrewDog Dead Pony Club CanBrewdog Dead Pony Club 330Ml Bottle
  • Options
    Attention @paulbaconsarnie and anyone else planning to head to Prague for the annual beer fest next month. It has been cancelled :-( Typical petty Czech dispute with toys out of prams. There are however more and more smaller festivals springing up all the time, there is one on May 1st in funky Zizkov for example.
  • Options
    Enjoy :p

• Options
    Not a big fan of bottled beers, but I have recently discovered BrewDog - Dead Pony Club, Session IPA.
    Great flavour for a 3.8%. Very satisfying.

BrewDog Dead Pony Club CanBrewdog Dead Pony Club 330Ml Bottle

Tried this based on your post, was ok but didn't love it. The blue labelled "Punk IPA" however, I found really nice. 
  • Options
    Elvis Juice is their best one.
  • Options
    Ready and waiting :smile:

• Options

The Star n Garter in Bromley was very popular tonight.
  • Options

Personally think S&G is the best pub in SE. £3 a pint of cask, plus loads of great keg options. Rarely a poor beer in there either.
  • Options
    Local bar has a bunch of beers from Finback in NY. Excellent stuff. Their stuff gets around a bit more. Not sure it ever makes it to the UK. 

Smooth Beats Miami Coconut IPA is an interesting one.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PopIcon said:

Personally think S&G is the best pub in SE. £3 a pint of cask, plus loads of great keg options. Rarely a poor beer in there either.
    The range of beers is second to none, a shame I drink lager!

Over the years the pub has closed a few times and changed hands.  In the 25 years since I first drunk in there it never has been popular, but last night it was heaving.

• Options
    @ElfsborgAddick with verdant, burnt mill and cloudwater on the taps surely you’ve got to give it a go
    @SomervilleAddick yes finback get over here, they do collabs with some our breweries, agree it’s great beer
  • Options
    Local bar has a bunch of beers from Finback in NY. Excellent stuff. Their stuff gets around a bit more. Not sure it ever makes it to the UK. 

Smooth Beats Miami Coconut IPA is an interesting one.  
    Only had a couple of Finback beers but both have been excellent. They're over here for the London Craft Beer Festival (https://londoncraftbeerfestival.co.uk) in August so hopefully I'll get to try a few more
  • Options
    @ElfsborgAddick with verdant, burnt mill and cloudwater on the taps surely you’ve got to give it a go
    @SomervilleAddick yes finback get over here, they do collabs with some our breweries, agree it’s great beer
    Will they do it for me as a lager drinker though.

I do stretch to a Sierra Nevada which is tasty.
  • Options
    Can't think why, but the name puts me off.
  • Options
    @Vincenzo kernel and brew by numbers good stuff
    @SotonAddick great breweries on that list hopefully DEYA and Buxton to be added (were Polly’s on the list)
    Not sure if it’s like hop city but that was great beer but in 1/3 pulls from memory, which would potentially mean a lot queuing which doesn’t appeal
    @ElfsborgAddick I guess you are drinking Sierra nevada’s Pale ale, yes think you’ll think you’ll enjoy keg beers, try the cloudwater or the burnt mill first, the verdant is maltier 
  • Options
    @SotonAddick great breweries on that list hopefully DEYA and Buxton to be added (were Polly’s on the list)
    Not sure if it’s like hop city but that was great beer but in 1/3 pulls from memory, which would potentially mean a lot queuing which doesn’t appeal
    @ElfsborgAddick I guess you are drinking Sierra nevada’s Pale ale, yes think you’ll think you’ll enjoy keg beers, try the cloudwater or the burnt mill first, the verdant is maltier 
    Yeah the lineup looks excellent. I was at the Cloudwater festival back in March (thankfully the evening before the sh*t hit the fan), which was excellent. They had maximum 100ml pours there (some as little as 50ml) but it worked really well and there were hardly any queues. Quite the opposite of the first Beavertown Extravaganza a couple of years ago where a few breweries had queues tailing back across the whole hall. Also got Little Summer Beer Bash lined up at Deya in July so won't miss out too much if they aren't added to LCBF (I expect they will be though).
  • Options
    Guaranteed to be super hoppy and more than likely a high ABV.
  • Options
    The smooth beats was a collab with Wakefield Brewing in Miami. Collars are a big thing here. All the breweries are teaming up to do one offs. It’s hard to keep up. Hic!