Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Beer

Comments

• Options
    Know its not a beer but just back from a lovely (Weather less so) week in Cornwall

Decided to take a trip to the Healey's Brewery where I got to sample some Rattler Cyder for the first time

Lovely stuff so brought myself back a case of 12, and is well worth trying if anyone is down that way

Anyone know if its available around these parts yet? - I went on the tour where they mentioned that Healey's Cyder was due to go Nationwide but hoping it is available to buy around here already; likes of Tesco and Sainsburys have it available to buy online yet would rather go into store and get it rather than having to mess around buying online or direct from Healeys (who charge £9 for delivery)
  • Options
    Pretty sure Rattler is available in Asda, or at least it used to be
  • Options
    Had a brief visit last night to Beerhawk's bar on SouthBank. Nice set-up.
    Had an amazing beer called Faked Alaska by Arbor Ales....in my top 5 for sure.
  • Options
    I've been meaning to go there for a while. Is it all bottles and cans or are there cask/keg options? What was the pricing like?
  • Options
    Currently in Nottingham enjoying a pint of Home Ales, Maid Marion blonde beer. Only 4.2 abv and very light tasting but quite refreshing all the same for a midweek couple.

I always try to support the local brewery if I'm away from home rather than go for something you can get in most places. 
  • Options
    I'm trying to decide what's worse, wine bores or real ale snobs....?
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    I've been meaning to go there for a while. Is it all bottles and cans or are there cask/keg options? What was the pricing like?
    Yes there's 4 fridges (or so) of cans & bottles, however they have circa 12 taps of different types of ale. It's bordering on the pricey side, but well worth a visit....5-10 minute walk from Waterloo/Waterloo East.

Had a C Bomb whilst I was there too! Also Arbor Ales.
  • Options
    I really like Arbour Ales. I was always slightly put off as I (wrongly) assumed it was all cans and bottles.
  • Options
    Elvis Juice is their best one.
    You're right, really nice. Just a shame it's not a session beer. 
  • Options

Panhead Super Charger.
    5.7% American Styled Pale Ale.
    One of NZ's very best craft beers and available in a few spots in the UK.
    Phenomenal.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lovely drop of Siren Grapefruit’ting in my Somerville local tonight. Only the second time I’ve seen their beer on the left side of the pond. 
  • Options
    Lovely drop of Siren Grapefruit’ting in my Somerville local tonight. Only the second time I’ve seen their beer on the left side of the pond. 
    What do they charge for Siren on your side?
  • Options
    I'm going to this next Friday.  Axe throwing and Podge's Belgian Beer Bar, what more could you ask for?

https://cbcf.info
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Elvis Juice is their best one.
    You're right, really nice. Just a shame it's not a session beer. 
    You can try and have a session on it, from my experience that session lasts about 6 cans before the ground magnetically pulls my face towards it. 
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    Well that’s where the pain comes in - $12 for 10oz
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Stig said:
    I'm going to this next Friday.  Axe throwing and Podge's Belgian Beer Bar, what more could you ask for?

Axe throwing bars are the new thing around Boston. I think 2 or 3 are already open. Axe throwing and alcohol - what could possibly go wrong?
  • Options
    Stig said:

Axe throwing bars are the new thing around Boston. I think 2 or 3 are already open. Ace throwing and alcohol - what could possibly go wrong?
    Should branch out and offer 'Barchery'.
  • Options
    Stig said:

Axe throwing bars are the new thing around Boston. I think 2 or 3 are already open. Ace throwing and alcohol - what could possibly go wrong?
    I'll tell you next Friday! - well, some time after.
  • Options
    Stig said:

Apparently this is very popular amongst mad Belgians. Wouldn't it be terrible if some nutter did himself a mischief.

https://www.longbow-archers.com/popinjay.html
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    Well that’s where the pain comes in - $12 for 10oz
    Madness. Siren are relatively cheap over here.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stig said:

I really should read these before I hit post. Can’t blame spellcheck this time, just fat fingers on a tiny iPhone keyboard. 
  • Options
    Got a date night box of beers from Beerwulf for anniversary. Never heard of any of the beers but looking forward to trying them. 

https://www.beerwulf.com/en-gb/c/beers/uk-pack/valentine-pack
  • Options

Not drunk in here before so looking forward to a quick one here before retiring to the balcony for a few indoors(too hot to be around 400 bodies in the Bromley S Wspoons).  Unfortunately I'd already bought my drink when I saw the sticker.

Bromley is smothered with these f****** things.
  • Options

Showered from being in SE25 dirt, now settling down to this tidy number from Germany.
  • Options

Back onto something more mellow.  Less heavy and a bit more crispy.
  • Options

Not drunk in here before so looking forward to a quick one here before retiring to the balcony for a few indoors(too hot to be around 400 bodies in the Bromley S Wspoons).  Unfortunately I'd already bought my drink when I saw the sticker.

Bromley is smothered with these f****** things.
    PTID?
  • Options
    Will be at the Hastings beer festival this eve ..
  • Options
    lolwray said:
    Will be at the Hastings beer festival this eve ..
    Unfortunately can't make it this year.
  • Options
    Perfect steamer last Saturday for the Rebellion Brewery charity booze up. All we had to do was put some cash in the charity pot and free sups all afternoon (choice of six brews including larger for the weather). Hardcore were there for the Sunday session too.
  • Options
    Sitting in a pub in Shirley, The Sunrise. Nice beer  ( a couple of Westerham ales ) but completely spoilt by being full of Palace Memorabilia  :#