Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Snooker updates

Comments

• Options
    NEIL ROBERTSON IS THE RIGA MASTERS CHAMPION
  • Options
    Riga Masters Final

Neil Robertson 5-2 Jack Lisowski
  • Options
    Not quite snooker related but cue sports:

IPA tour event 4 - European event in Coventry is on BBC Sport from tomorrow, this will include the top players: Liam Dunster, Marc Farnsworth, Ben Davie etc
    Will be online and the red button from tomorrow morning

Also on Wednesdays they are doing a premier league for the top players starts @ 7 its been on freesports (recently added to virgin) has anyone been watching it? Something to watch, not sure how much its going grow but think there is potential.

At the moment there is a series which event 3 is 17th August, streamed on youtube 4 live matches each session, it includes some of the greats Mick Hill (Current world champion and regarded one of best ever) Chris Melling, Phil Harrison, Jayson Shaw(if you follow mosconi cup, 9 ball champion)

Anyone else got much interest in this, i wont make a new thread just a brief discussion point and letting people know. I play pool county B at mo so try to watch as much as i can at the mo and got more of a bug than snooker.
  • Options
    World Open starts in 1 hour in Yushan China
  • Options
    Curious how these events are seen over there @JessieAddick

Obviously the World Open is a big event but its not really covered here due to the times the matches are, for example first matches start at 2.30AM over here.

And with this event being held in Yushan is that a big town as TBH I have never heard of but seen alot of players talkijg about a 23 hour journey to the event from England
  • Options

Obviously the World Open is a big event but its not really covered here due to the times the matches are, for example first matches start at 2.30AM over here.

And with this event being held in Yushan is that a big town as TBH I have never heard of but seen alot of players talkijg about a 23 hour journey to the event from England

I didn't even know there's this World Open going on... And I had to look up where Yushan is exactly... Just asked my colleagues in the office and none of them know where it is either! :joy: China is indeed too big... I've just found one sports channel that covers the event. It's strange that these events are being held in more "obscure" places in China nowadays. It seems that you won't notice them unless you are local or specifically keep an eye on snooker games in China.
  • Options

IPA tour event 4 - European event in Coventry is on BBC Sport from tomorrow, this will include the top players: Liam Dunster, Marc Farnsworth, Ben Davie etc

Also on Wednesdays they are doing a premier league for the top players starts @ 7 its been on freesports (recently added to virgin) has anyone been watching it? Something to watch, not sure how much its going grow but think there is potential.

At the moment there is a series which event 3 is 17th August, streamed on youtube 4 live matches each session, it includes some of the greats Mick Hill (Current world champion and regarded one of best ever) Chris Melling, Phil Harrison, Jayson Shaw(if you follow mosconi cup, 9 ball champion)

Anyone else got much interest in this, i wont make a new thread just a brief discussion point and letting people know. I play pool county B at mo so try to watch as much as i can at the mo and got more of a bug than snooker.

saw this advertised on BBC website.

was surprised to read you can now pot an opponents ball if you also pot your ball.
  • Options

Do the top players compete in this one? Haven't been watching as much snooker as I'd like over the last few years so gonna make more of an effort this season.
  • Options
    jac52 said:

Do the top players compete in this one? Haven't been watching as much snooker as I'd like over the last few years so gonna make more of an effort this season.
    Selby, Mark Williams, Neil Robertson Ali Carter to name just a few. Plus of course Ding Junhui.
  • Options
    jac52 said:

7 of the top 10.

Only 3 not there are
    Ronnie
    Higgins
    Murphy
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2018
    World Open
    Heldover Qualifier Results.

Ding Junhui 5-4 James Wattana
    James Cahill 5-1 Liang Wenbo
    Neil Robertson 5-0 He Guoqiang
    Yan Bingtao 5-3 Ashley Carty
    Mike Dunn 5-0 Luo Zetao
    Ben Woollaston 5-1 Bai Langning
    Chang Bingyu 5-4 Jimmy Robertson
    Mark Williams 5-4 Lukas Kleckers

World Open
    Round 1 Results

Rob Milkins 5-4 David Lilley
    Marco Fu 5-4 Peter Ebdon
    Ali Carter 5-0 Rory McLeod
    Ricky Walden 5-3 Dominic Dale
    Barry Hawkins 5-2 Akani Songsermsawad
    Matt Selt 5-4 Lee Walker
    Fergal O'Brien 5-4 Zhao Xintong
    Luca Brecel 5-4 Scott Donaldson
    Gary Wilson 5-3 Tom Ford
    Jamie Jones 5-2 Zhou Yuelong
    Ryan Day 5-2 Robbie Williams
    Noppon Saengkham 5-3 Rod Lawler
    Jack Lisowski 5-0 Chris Wakelin
    Stephen Maguire 5-4 Thepchaiya Un-Nooh

1 still playing
    Jak Jones 4-3 Zhang Anda
  • Options
    Cheers Paulie will try and catch some of this one.
  • Options
    A little heads up.

Do not bet on Ding to win the tournament despite being defending champion he is unlikely to be in Yushan much longer.

His wife Apple is due to go into labour anyday now and when she does he is leaving Yushan
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

was surprised to read you can now pot an opponents ball if you also pot your ball.
    Did you watch it @MrOneLung ? I watched bits, i have been playing these rules probably the last 2-3 years, i like them as they ar more attacking and dont get as many tactical frames. Sunday i missed as i was playing pool all day mixed bag
  • Options
    World Open
    Round 1 results

Mark Allen 5-1 Lyu Haotian
    Andrew Higginson 5-4 James Cahill
    Harvey Chandler 5-4 Kurt Maflin
    Xiao Guodong 5-1 Michael Georgiou
    Anthony Hamilton 5-2 Mark Joyce
    Mei Xiwen 5-2 Simon Lichtenberg
    Mark Selby 5-3 Elliot Slessor
    Kyren Wilson 5-1 Paul Davison
    Ding Junhui 5-3 Yuan Sijun
    Joe Perry 5-4 Mike Dunn
    Michael Holt 5-3 Mark Davis
    Neil Robertson 5-1 Andy Lee
    Judd Trump 5-1 Martin O'Donnell
    Mark Williams 5-1 Alexander Ursenbacher
    Ben Woollaston 5-1 Chang Bingyu
    Yan Bingtao 5-0 Stuart Carrington
  • Options

MrOneLung said:

Did you watch it @MrOneLung ? I watched bits, i have been playing these rules probably the last 2-3 years, i like them as they ar more attacking and dont get as many tactical frames. Sunday i missed as i was playing pool all day mixed bag
    It was finished when I went to actually watch some of it.
    Like the rule, prevents negative play.
  • Options
    World Open
    Round 2
    Fixtures

Ryan Day (17) v Noppon Saengkham (53)
    Dave Gilbert (29) v Ali Carter (12)
    Xiao Guodong (26) v Jak Jones (120)
    Anthony Hamilton (30) v Mei Xiwen (102)
    Fergal O'Brien (51) v Luca Brecel (15)
    Mark Selby (1) v Jamie Jones (39)
    Kyren Wilson (9) v Harvey Chandler (111)
    Ben Woollaston (37) v Mark Williams (3)
    Mark Allen (11) v Jack Lisowski (24)
    Ding Junhui (6) v Rob Milkins (33)
    Marco Fu (18) v Andrew Higginson (54)
    Barry Hawkins (7) v Michael Holt (34)
    Joe Perry (20) v Stephen Maguire (16)
    Matt Selt (60) v Yan Bingtao (23)
    Ricky Walden (27) v Neil Robertson (10)
    Gary Wilson (41) v Judd Trump (5)
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    A number if top players dropped out today

World Open
    Round 2
    Results

Noppon Saengkham 5-2 Ryan Day
    Dave Gilbert 5-3 Ali Carter
    Xiao Guodong 5-0 Jak Jones
    Anthony Hamilton 5-4 Mei Xiwen
    Fergal O'Brien 5-4 Luca Brecel
    Mark Selby 5-2 Jamie Jones
    Kyren Wilson 5-3 Harvey Chandler
    Mark Williams 5-2 Ben Woollaston
    Jack Lisowski 5-1 Mark Allen
    Rob Milkins 5-4 Ding Junhui
    Marco Fu 5-4 Andrew Higginson
    Barry Hawkins 5-2 Michael Holt
    Joe Perry 5-4 Stephen Maguire
    Matt Selt 5-3 Yan Bingtao
    Ricky Walden 5-3 Neil Robertson
    Gary Wilson 5-3 Judd Trump

So
    Trump
    Robertson
    Ding
    Allen(maybe not as much of a surprise as Lisowski is on firm ATM)
    Maguire
    Bingtao
    Day
    Carter
    Brecel
    All surprise losers today

Mark Williams and Mark Selby will be rubbing there hands after todays results
  • Options
    World Open
    Round 3
    Fixtures

Dave Gilbert (29) v Ricky Walden (27)
    Barry Hawkins (7) v Matt Selt (60)
    Rob Milkins (33) v Marco Fu (18)
    Fergal O' Brien (51) v Gary Wilson (41)

Joe Perry (20) v Mark Williams (3)
    Kyren Wilson (9) v Jack Lisowski (24)
    Xiao Guodong (26) v Anthony Hamilton (30)
    Mark Selby (1) v Noppon Saengkham (53)

The top half of the draw has really opened up
  • Options
    Dave Gilbert (29) v Ricky Walden (27)
    Barry Hawkins (7) v Matt Selt (60)
    Rob Milkins (33) v Marco Fu (18)
    Fergal O' Brien (51) v Gary Wilson (41)
    Put a bet on the above as skyboost , returns 4/1 - Free bet £5 , tempted if wins to put on Hawkins, was going to do Williams but has a tough draw
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    World Open
    Round 3 Results

Mark Williams 5-1 Joe Perry
    Jack Lisowski 5-4 Kyren Wilson

Xiao Guodong 5-3 Anthony Hamilton
    Noppon Saengkham 5-4 Mark Selby
  • Options

World Open
    Round 3 Results

Thoughts on my prediction, was all faves. if i mixed in one outsider decent odds but dont see any upsets. @paulie8290
  • Options
    edited August 2018

World Open
    Round 3 Results

Thoughts on my prediction, was all faves. if i mixed in one outsider decent odds but dont see any upsets. @paulie8290
    Hawkins yes

Fu has looked good since his eye op so again agree and he is already 2-0 ahead looking lile 3-0 lol

Walden looked good in beating Robertson so think he will beat Gilbert.

Really cant call the last game think it will go to a final frame decider.

In terms of tournament now Selby is out winner of Williams v Lisowski in Quarters wins the tournamemt for me

• Options

World Open
    Round 3 Results

Hawkins yes

Fu has looked good since his eye op so again agree and he is already 2-0 ahead looking lile 3-0 lol

In terms of tournament now Selby is out winner of Williams v Lisowski in Quarters wins the tournamemt for me

Cheers, already done the 4fold, but always good to see others predictions. Hawkins or winner of Williams / Lisowski for me, not sure what value is will check if/ when i win the bet :wink:
  • Options
    I lied... i have Walden not Gilbert
  • Options

World Open
    Round 3 Results

Hawkins yes

Cheers, already done the 4fold, but always good to see others predictions. Hawkins or winner of Williams / Lisowski for me, not sure what value is will check if/ when i win the bet :wink:
    This morning when Selby was still involved
    Mark Selby was 9/4
    Mark Williams was 11/4
    Barry Hawkins was 6/1
    Jack Lisowski was 9/1

Now Selby is out that will change
  • Options
    World Open
    Round 3 Results

Marco Fu 5-2 Rob Milkins
    Dave Gilbert 5-3 Ricky Walden

Gary Wilson 5-2 Fergal O'Brien
    Barry Hawkins 5-4 Matt Selt

Bet you are wishing you had Gilbert now @johnnybev1987
  • Options

World Open
    Round 3 Results

Marco Fu 5-2 Rob Milkins
    Dave Gilbert 5-3 Ricky Walden

Gary Wilson 5-2 Fergal O'Brien
    Barry Hawkins 5-4 Matt Selt

Bet you are wishing you had Gilbert now @johnnybev1987

Yep haha no bother free bet trying to spin it up looked good on paper, Walden had beaten Robertson previous round so had some form.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    This just highlights what a great performamce Marco Fu put it

• Options
    World Open
    Quarter Final Results

Barry Hawkins 5-3 Gary Wilson
    Dave Gilbert 5-3 Marco Fu
    Mark Williams 5-3 Jack Lisowski(Lisowski was 3-0 ahead)
    Noppon Saengkham 5-1 Xiao Guodong