Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Ashes: Australia v England, 2013-14.

Comments

• Options
    Riviera said:

There is a lot of shit spoken about cricket, and most of it in Australia.

Yeah, the bloke in question only played over 100 Tests, he'd have no idea at all what he was talking about.

• Options
    But it looks so wrong, like a whip

I've thought that it could be his height and how low he gets his core making it look odd and I'm still of the mind he is not right.

And he's just whacked one of our top scorers on the melon. Nasty.
  • Options
    61-5 lunch
  • Options
    Carter said:

But it looks so wrong, like a whip

I've thought that it could be his height and how low he gets his core making it look odd and I'm still of the mind he is not right.

And he's just whacked one of our top scorers on the melon. Nasty.

You're too young to remember Thommo then I guess?
  • Options
    There used to be a lot of suspicions about Brett Lees action, if I remember correctly.
  • Options
    Lee was much closer to being a chucker than Johnson, especially early on. The Aussies used the controversy over the ultimate chucked (Murali) to their advantage with Lee.
  • Options
    I hope he chucked one at Piers Morgan....
  • Options

Lee was much closer to being a chucker than Johnson, especially early on. The Aussies used the controversy over the ultimate chucked (Murali) to their advantage with Lee.

True, there was plenty of suspicion around Lee too, but it's such a complex area because you have to get right down to bio-mechanics and anyway how can anyone tell with the naked eye when a blokes action is as fast as Lee?

The Aussies had to lose one of their most effective bowlers in the 60s when he was called as a chucker, that was Ian Meckiff who was a left-arm quick bowler.
  • Options
    Little flourish at the end there, just to make our top order batsmen look even shitter!
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Little flourish at the end there, just to make our top order batsmen look even shitter!

Indeed, Rankin looked a better batsman than Borthwick!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    "R.I.P. English Cricket...the body will be cremated and the Ashes left in Australia."
  • Options
    I'm not going to attempt to spell his surname but without a doubt Murali was a chucker yes.

My cricket history goes back to 1991 anything older than that is watching replays of West Indians trying to kill people.
  • Options
    Been playing for half an hour and not one comment. Not surprising, this tour has been without doubt the worst, most pathetic effort by an England team ever. I saw my first Test March in 1971 and so have been following England for some time.
  • Options
    It's very depressing
  • Options
    And that accuasstion stands even if we bat for 2 1/2 days and score the 500 runs they set us and win.
  • Options
    Here we go again, KP on his first bowl of the series, before our selected spinner.
  • Options
    Warne reckons they'll declare at 400, he's normally quite right about these things.

They are officially taking the piss out of us if they do
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Here we go again, KP on his first bowl of the series, before our selected spinner.

Well Borthwick isn't a Test standard spinner yet, playing him instead of Monty shows the desperation in the England camp. Yes, Monty hasn't been brilliant this tour, but that applies to most of the team!
  • Options
    They make it look so easy....
  • Options
    Maybe Borthwick is not ready but he was selected as a bowler and to ignore him and bring on someone who has not bowled all series (regardless of their ability, KP started as a bowler) is simply wrong, wrong and wrong. It shows a muddled selection process and major issues with the captaincy and management.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    mrbligh said:

Warne reckons they'll declare at 400, he's normally quite right about these things.

They are officially taking the piss out of us if they do

And what is wrong with that? We deserve everything we get.

• Options
    You're not wrong
  • Options
    Bailey gone
  • Options
    Haddin in
  • Options
    I've switched to Fawlty Towers on UK Gold.
  • Options
    Bowl at the stumps for gods sake! Haddin's on a suicide mission
  • Options
    Riviera said:

I've switched to Fawlty Towers on UK Gold.

**spoiler alert**
    It's not a hamster, it's a rat.
  • Options
    Ian Bell??
  • Options
    well that was a bit out of the blue
  • Options
    I obviously picked the best time to go and make some toast. Damnation!