Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Ashes: Australia v England, 2013-14.

Comments

• Options
    Riviera said:

Tim Bresnan has joined the England squad and is therefore now available for selection for the 2nd Test.

There's a good chance he'll play even though tremlett wasn't that bad, they'll want his batting.

I'm getting a sense of desperation. Adelaide is a draw-haven so hopefully our batsmen fill their boots
  • Options
    Bresnan is absolutely nailed on to play.

Looks like Ballance will come in as number 6 batsman too.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Tim Bresnan has joined the England squad and is therefore now available for selection for the 2nd Test.

Ha ha - good to see at last that you agree with me now that he could be selected even without a bowler getting injured:
    Riviera said:

Riviera said:

Jimmy almost does a "Simon Jones" slide on the sand based outfield. Do they really not know not to do it there?

If they cannot see they've selected the wrong squad the composition of the outfield is hardly going to be top of the agenda is it?
    Bresnan will be fit for the next test so that will be one less 6' 7'' bowler!

Bresnan is NOT in the squad. He may be in Australia but won't be added to the squad unless someone gets injured.
  • Options

Riviera said:

Ha ha - good to see at last that you agree with me now that he could be selected even without a bowler getting injured:
    Riviera said:

Riviera said:

Jimmy almost does a "Simon Jones" slide on the sand based outfield. Do they really not know not to do it there?

If they cannot see they've selected the wrong squad the composition of the outfield is hardly going to be top of the agenda is it?

Bresnan is NOT in the squad. He may be in Australia but won't be added to the squad unless someone gets injured.
    We were down to 15 if you hadn't noticed? Jonathan Trott left the squad last week. You don't have to replace a batsman with a batsman you know?

Did you not see the outgoing chairman of selectors, Geoff Miller, explaing this on telly at the weekend?
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Riviera said:

Riviera said:

Riviera said:

We were down to 15 if you hadn't noticed? Jonathan Trott left the squad last week. You don't have to replace a batsman with a batsman you know?

Did you not see the outgoing chairman of selectors, Geoff Miller, explaing this on telly at the weekend?

Keep digging! Just another attempt by you to undermine the foresight of a poster. Bresnan will not be replacing Trott in the team. He will be replacing a bowler. And no bowler got injured.

Where's Onions anyway?

• Options
    He's replaced Trott in the squad you div!
  • Options
    Riviera said:

He's replaced Trott in the squad you div!

No need to get personal. Just because you got lucky with that pin of yours at Newbury doesn't mean you suddenly become an expert on cricket!
  • Options
    Come on kids, play nicely eh?!
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Come on kids, play nicely eh?!

I know JohnBoy it's just that sometimes he really winds be up. But then he has done for about the last 30 years. He does it with a passion.
  • Options
    Don't worry John it's only banter.

Anyway what do you mean AA "suddenly"? I've always been an expert, and not just on cricket!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I will watch the first session and then the rest tomorrow morning. We desperately need to win that toss and bat.
  • Options
    until lunch probably then zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzss .. hopefully and fall asleep to the radio5SportsX commentary

• Options
    I'll be there till lunch too, me and Beds can cuddle up.

Michael Clarke has done it again and named the England side.

Cook
    Carberry
    Root
    KP
    Bell
    Balance
    Prior
    Bresnan
    Broad
    Swann
    Anderson

He also played some mind games by saying how spin will play a big part and with all Aussie's RHB England should play Monty but they wont he said.

So he probably wants Monty to play so they can smash him all over the park like they did with Swann.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Have a Lol on me.
  • Options
    I'm going for the all nighter,

If we're getting twonked by lunch, I'm in bed
  • Options

Riviera said:

Have a Lol on me.
    Didn't know that that's what they were calling it these days...
  • Options
    Watch until lunch and depends on how we are doing thereafter. Just hope Cook can win the toss and we bat long.
  • Options

Riviera said:

Have a Lol on me.
    just have a "lol" wray ...i ll be there til lunch too ..hope the boys front up a bit ...johnson and clarke are both mentally pretty fragile lets put them under a bit

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just settling into a super sized costa on the train home in preparation for this evening.....

As a side note.....the fella in front of me in the queue ordered a chocolate orange mocha latte with skimmed milk.

Why would any self respecting man do this?
  • Options
    does anyone know the exact start of play time tonight is it midnight ?
  • Options
    Scheduled start is midnight, yep.
  • Options
    Definitely up until lunch and probably about an hour into the afternoon session. Can always sleep at my desk at work tomorrow.

Aggers saying just now that the pitch is a road, and that Stokes' chances of playing have improved markedly. Or playing 2 spinners. So basically, no-one has a clue.
  • Options
    I'm in for the all nighter. Few hours kip now with a power nap at lunch. C'mon England!
  • Options
    mrbligh said:

Just settling into a super sized costa on the train home in preparation for this evening.....

As a side note.....the fella in front of me in the queue ordered a chocolate orange mocha latte with skimmed milk.

was he this guy....

• Options
    mrbligh said:

Hipster twatbrew
  • Options
    Crikey. Rumours that Stokes and Monty will both play
  • Options

Crikey. Rumours that Stokes and Monty will both play

Monty ! No Bresnan ?? I find that very odd .