Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Birmingham City vs Charlton post-match news and views 2013

Comments

• Options
    What so if we win it means everything was perfect?
  • Options
    Nope, who said that?

Just find it amazing that the only thing you're saying is finding fault. Not "good result, but I thought ...." - just 100% fault.

Only my opinion.
  • Options
    I wrote get in good result on another post, this is for views after the game and that was what my view was
  • Options
    Fair enough Adam, and my view was there's "always one".

Move on.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Move on.

Nope...........you can make that 2 !!. Yes it was a great result & it seems that the way we are currently set up is better for away games as its more defensive and harder to break down. However, this isn't really going to work playing at home & somehow CP will have to work out a way that will please the home supporters as I, for one, would like to see some attacking play that results in goals for once.

Also, great result as it was yesterday, the common thread from reading the posts on here is that is was a very, very poor B'ham side that were there to be beaten. The real test comes next week against Leeds & then the re-arranged Donny game.
  • Options

Just watched the highlights, looks like we take too long when shooting, always that extra touch which isnt needed. Church had a golden oppurtunity but got tackled because he took so long

I agree. Jackson had a couple of chances to get a shot away but elected to pass. Sometimes they should just shoot. Our goal came from Stewart trying his luck.
  • Options

Wasn't there but it strikes me that anyone giving it large at or near St. Andrews is either mega hard or completely stupid or at least that's how it used to be.

We apparently walked through an ambush at one of the rail bridges, I was completely oblivious. Nawtee.

• Options
    love these kind of videos from home end seeing our lads celebrate
  • Options
    Great vid

A few things

What does the person say when we score?

Was their scoreboard not working? Glad we never sunk that low at Charlton

Good to see Pritch involved twice in the build up to the goal even if the assist looked a bit fortunate.

Great roar from the away fans
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A Very poor Birmingham side who nearly beat a premiership team in midweek. The thing is, the way we play away - most opponents will look poor and say we were no great shakes - we a good at stopping teams!
  • Options
    Mike said:

Agree mate. That roar sound of away fans when a goal is scored is unreal.
  • Options
    Yes, opposition fans keep saying how crap we are but we are there to get points, not open up and let home teams play how they want. It`s up to them to work out how to break us down.

Last season was the same, we always got labelled as "crap" or the "worst team we`ve played all season". We only lost 5 out of 23 away games last season. You can`t have that record if you are crap!

• Options

Great vid

A few things

What does the person say when we score?

Was their scoreboard not working? Glad we never sunk that low at Charlton

Good to see Pritch involved twice in the build up to the goal even if the assist looked a bit fortunate.

Great roar from the away fans

players.... .......... .............. .............. ................. ............... ............ shit is all I've got
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

Wasn't there but it strikes me that anyone giving it large at or near St. Andrews is either mega hard or completely stupid or at least that's how it used to be.

We apparently walked through an ambush at one of the rail bridges, I was completely oblivious. Nawtee.

Had the same a group of prob 15 odd youngsters seemed to block us in but then did nothing.
  • Options
    Mike said:

Yep, watched that 4 times. Great stuff

• Options

What are our two players doing in the background? Lol.

If someone can get that photo A3 signed by DS and JJ I will reward a charity/museum handsomly.
  • Options
    Simon Church looks like he's pulled a hamstring in that shot!
  • Options

Simon Church looks like he's pulled a hamstring in that shot!

Wind !

• Options
    E-cafc said:
    Great vid that. I like the way the players celebrated. Shows the desire.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PL54 said:

If someone can get that photo A3 signed by DS and JJ I will reward a charity/museum handsomly.
    Great picture as well. Who's that doing the okie cokey in the background?
  • Options
    Rob said:

PL54 said:

Great picture as well. Who's that doing the okie cokey in the background?
    Think it is Dervite and Wiggins.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Come on who are you? The club PR dept will be knocking for you early doors with the Old Bill...

I've never been a scrapper. I like a strongly worded letter rather than a 100%er to the head.

However, our club has got some class nutters but even they seem to have given up.

Some sarcy, Jack Whitehall Charlton types are strolling down the main road after the game taking the piss out of Birmingham, out of the fans and out of the club in general.

Not a word from anyone.

They wouldn't have gotten away with that a year ago.

http://www.smallheathalliance.com/read.php?1,1409257

We did have some absolute idiots singing "1-0 to the Londoners" and slagging off Birmingham as our exit come onto the main road with hundreds of Brum on it.

Usual suspects - teenage weird haircut crew. A couple of elder and tougher Brum lads did try starting it off with them and they pretty much shat themselves there and then.
    while some of our supporters were singing that I got some bloke come up to me saying to "tell my lads to keep it down cos if they don't they will get a smack next time they're up here."

I replied. "I don't know any of them"
    he walked of saying something but with the brummie accent I couldn't understand it.

surprised by the complete lack of police but also surprised that the Zulus weren't about.
  • Options
    edited November 2013

Off_it said:

Move on.

Nope...........you can make that 2 !!. Yes it was a great result & it seems that the way we are currently set up is better for away games as its more defensive and harder to break down. However, this isn't really going to work playing at home & somehow CP will have to work out a way that will please the home supporters as I, for one, would like to see some attacking play that results in goals for once.

Also, great result as it was yesterday, the common thread from reading the posts on here is that is was a very, very poor B'ham side that were there to be beaten. The real test comes next week against Leeds & then the re-arranged Donny game.
    And make it three. Great result but it is not unreasonable in a post-match discussion after we've all said "yipee i-ay" to consider how we can improve further. We've scored two goals in four matches. That's two more than the opposition have managed and we've got eight points for those two goals, which is an amazing stat. But sooner or later, other teams are going to score against us. Then the pressure will be on the strikers to start putting the ball in the net more frequently. Hopefully it will come. It sounds as if Church did everything but score yesterday...
  • Options
    IA, I think your last sentence sums up Church tbh. Never going to score a lot of goals but has heart and energy in abundance. Is that enough ? I'm not sure it is unfortunately.
  • Options

IA, I think your last sentence sums up Church tbh. Never going to score a lot of goals but has heart and energy in abundance. Is that enough ? I'm not sure it is unfortunately.

Yesterday was his best performance in a Charlton shirt. He showed he can run intelligently and was a handful all game with the ball at his feet. The two centre backs were worried by his presence which did allow space for Jackson ans Dale to impose their game on the opposition.

His energy and desire is never in doubt and showed his commitment to the cause yesterday as he always does.
  • Options
    Of course it's enough for now else we wouldn't have a blimmin striker.
  • Options

Off_it said:

Move on.

And make it three. Great result but it is not unreasonable in a post-match discussion after we've all said "yipee i-ay" to consider how we can improve further. We've scored two goals in four matches. That's two more than the opposition have managed and we've got eight points for those two goals, which is an amazing stat. But sooner or later, other teams are going to score against us. Then the pressure will be on the strikers to start putting the ball in the net more frequently. Hopefully it will come. It sounds as if Church did everything but score yesterday...
    No, that's not unreasonable. But come on, EVEN Golfie had something good to say first, before the worry beads came out.
  • Options

To me it looks like the sprinkler dance (of Ashes down under fame...)
  • Options

I think it is - he brings a lot to the side and does get goals. I bet he will end up scoring more goals than Fuller or Haynes did last season. Goal scoring is a responsibility of the whole team.