Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Birmingham City vs Charlton post-match news and views 2013

Comments

• Options
    Make no mistake we absolutely battered a dire Birmingham team. I am dumbfounded that we have only scored 1 goal in that game.

Church was absolutely immense today and he got all the songs from the fans. He "gave us a wave". The combination worked well with him and Jacko in a 4-4-1-1 with some nice one touch flicks at times.

Stephens was classy and ran the game with Cousins a little quieter than normal. The defence were superb against a tricky CF.

Pritchard had an absolute stinker first half but credit to him and to the team talk by SCP because he really turned it around second half.

Stewart was predictable with his cut ins but I don't care because it was one of those that started the mini goal mouth scramble that we scored from.

Hamer untroubled but calm ad collected.

800 odd very loud and very happy addicks travelling back to London at the moment. The support was first class unlike Birminghams which didn't exist.

Referee was wearing a Birmingham shirt. I think he must have felt sorry for one of the worst sides I have ever seen. All of the decisions went there way, some of the fouls (one on Wilson and one on Church stand out in the mind) were laughable that they weren't given.

That was the worst CB pairing I've seen on an opposing team, it was like watching two donkeys play ...

We were very good today until we got in front of goal. I'm really buzzing.

This record of not conceding goals is amazing! It must have done Hamers confidence a world of good.

SCP - 100% support.
  • Options
    Stig said:

Joint top of the fair play league now. It might not count for anything at the moment other than the ability to take the moral high ground, but when suspensions for cautions start kicking in it could do us some good.

http://espnfc.com/stats/fairplay/_/league/eng.2/english-league-championship?cc=5739

That's not right as it says we've had no reds - Pritchard at Bournemouth.

• Options
    seth plum said:

Stig said:

Joint top of the fair play league now. It might not count for anything at the moment other than the ability to take the moral high ground, but when suspensions for cautions start kicking in it could do us some good.

http://espnfc.com/stats/fairplay/_/league/eng.2/english-league-championship?cc=5739

They seem to have missed the pritch red at Bournemouth.

Addickted said:

Stig said:

That's not right as it says we've had no reds - Pritchard at Bournemouth.

:-(
  • Options
    On the train home. Excellent second half performance, it must have been a good half-time team talk, after an average first half.
    CP chose a 4-4-1-1 formation, with Jacko in behind Church, to counter Clark's 4-2-3-1, with 5 in midfield. The first half was a disjointed performance with the odd spell of combination play, but overall both sides struggled against each others system.
    In the second half, we played at a quicker tempo, Stephens & Cousins took control of midfield, Wilson & Wiggins got down the outside and caused problems; Church ran his legs off chasing balls played into the channels; and we thoroughly deserved to take the lead. After going in front, we controlled the tempo of the game and deserved a bigger margin of victory.
    Birmingham were poor. No pattern to their play, other than high balls at Zigic. Burke caused a few problems in the first half, but Wiggins got the measure of him and shut him down. I'll be surprised if Clark sees out the week.
    Church was my MoM for his tireless work as lone striker. But I wouldn't argue against Stephens, Wiggins, Wilson or Morrison.
    Excellent job all round. Players, management and support.
  • Options
    Thx tt
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    481 minutes and 2 seconds or round it up to 8 hours since Andy Reid fluked one in over Hamer. You could say we are tight at the back.......
  • Options
    If you look at the season so far, other than Burnley away & that first half versus Doncaster we have been there or thereabouts in every game, the four losses (excepting Burnley) all by the single goal. Seems from afar that we are only a player or two short squad-wise from being a very decent team. I think we can kick on from last years position with a bit of luck..and investment!

Trying not to get too carried away as Birmingham are shocking, but I like the way this team is set up - seems like last season's magical squad togetherness is still there.
  • Options
    Well done to the team, SCP and our travelling fans! The commentary mentioned your support and voice. Onwards and upwards.
  • Options
    Really pleased for the players, management and fans who travelled. Sounds like an efficient and hard working performance from a bunch if players who seem to have got their togetherness and team ethic back after it went missing earlier in the season.

So pleased to see Stephens establishing himself as a vital cog in our wheel. Always had the ability and long may it continue. Wiggins is on the way back to his best and Hamer must be so confident at the mo.

Special mention for Church who may not score us a bagful of goals but typifies what we are about with his work for the team.

And of course for Chris Powell who has shown he has the ability to respond to adversity.
  • Options
    kin brilliant - dirty leeds and the r's are gonna be great games - COYR
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wow. Two goals In our last four games and eight points. I guess that is what is meant by "sweating the assets"!!!

• Options
    All this while Solly's injuried ! Well done Lawrie Wilson and the rest of the defence !
  • Options
    On my home. Prediction was correct.

Second half performance was excellent.

Brummie mates had no complaints about the result
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Now which way is it to the Job centre?

• Options
    DS.jpg 30.6K
  • Options
    I love you Charlton!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Classic away trip, good team effort Church superb, bloody freezing though, the smile onCP's face at the end was ppriceless.
  • Options
    Will give a full post tomorrow. What a win. When you need these players to turn up they will and they will deliver ( except derby matches). Played so well and Powells reaction at the end was worth the journey it self.
  • Options
    edited November 2013

What are our two players doing in the background? Lol.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    lol! Practicing for Strictly maybe?
  • Options
    the cafc haka
  • Options
    Great pic that.

Managed to find an active Birmingham message board. Not a very charitable lot it would seem- http://www.smallheathalliance.com/list.php?1
  • Options
    Just back, deserved win they never really troubled us.

First half was a bit of a non event, second half we passed it round nicely and never looked like conceding. Wiggins was excellent kept Burke quiet all game.
  • Options
    Great win but I expected a 1-0. Might start having a few quid on us to win 1-0 away.

Well played boys and keep it up dale.
  • Options
    Brilliant.

I heard Jacko was back to his best.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Come on who are you? The club PR dept will be knocking for you early doors with the Old Bill...

I've never been a scrapper. I like a strongly worded letter rather than a 100%er to the head.

However, our club has got some class nutters but even they seem to have given up.

Some sarcy, Jack Whitehall Charlton types are strolling down the main road after the game taking the piss out of Birmingham, out of the fans and out of the club in general.

Not a word from anyone.

They wouldn't have gotten away with that a year ago.

http://www.smallheathalliance.com/read.php?1,1409257
  • Options
    Blinding result, just takes that bit of pressure off and always good to get points from those teams you think are gonna struggle.

Amazing how you get these runs. Defensive shambles then game after game clean sheet.
  • Options
    Just back and ready to enjoy a take away. Thought we looked at our most dangerous with the ball on the ground and attacking their full backs. City were shocking but who cares. COYR!
  • Options
    BBC West Midlands phone in entertaining, although nearly crashed when presenter and droning brummie bemoaned the fact that Nicola is on £68k a week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Kind of felt sorry for them after that. Special award for comedy to Kyle Bartley, makes Morrison look like Baresi. CP at end of game quality, even saw a young lady from these pages with a tear in her eye she was so moved.