Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Non League latest....

Comments

• Options
    stonemuse said:

No but wish I had now.
    Looking forward to next Saturday, we get back from holiday on Friday afternoon.
  • Options
    Three from three for the Clarets, coming back from a goal down to beat Bath City. Joint top with St Alban's. Exciting stuff.
  • Options
    Away for the weekend in Herefordshire and watched twenty minutes of Kington Town v Newport Town in the West Midlands League through a fence. Newport Town scored a penalty and a terrible second when the keeper missed his punch. Newport ran out 4-1 winners.
  • Options
    edited August 2017

Aside from Palace losing, the most amusing result of the day was surely Billericay losing 1-0 at home to a 90th minute Kingstonian goal. Also Billericay's own twitter page stopped retweeting in the 88th minute and didn't even tweet about the goal or final score!

Excellent they are at Hamlet next week, although I'll be at the Valley. Hamlet drew 1-1 against Staines yesterday. Crowd 1,096
  • Options
    Rushden got just over six hundred to kick off the season with a 2-0 win over Hanwell Town.
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

Aside from Palace losing, the most amusing result of the day was surely Billericay losing 1-0 at home to a 90th minute Kingstonian goal. Also Billericay's own twitter page stopped retweeting in the 88th minute and didn't even tweet about the goal or final score!

Excellent they are at Hamlet next week, although I'll be at the Valley. Hamlet drew 1-1 against Staines yesterday. Crowd 1,096
    I understand it is Hamlets biggest opening day attendance for 50 years. If Dulwich have another decent season the home average might well end up pushing 2000 which will be bigger than many if it happens.
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

Three from three for the Clarets, coming back from a goal down to beat Bath City. Joint top with St Alban's. Exciting stuff.

St. Albans at home on Tuesday isn't it? They had a great start last year, ran away at the start with Maidenhead and didn't even make the playoffs.

Been a great start for Chelmsford. Two wins have been from the penalty spot so hopefully it's not false hope.
  • Options
    What an absolute numpty this guy is!

• Options
    Daddy_Pig said:

McBobbin said:

St. Albans at home on Tuesday isn't it? They had a great start last year, ran away at the start with Maidenhead and didn't even make the playoffs.

Been a great start for Chelmsford. Two wins have been from the penalty spot so hopefully it's not false hope.
    Shows we have a bit of character and come back... We've had a couple of later winners

Hoping to go in Tuesday, but I suspect I won't make it. I want to go to a few more games this season now my eldest wants to come
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

Daddy_Pig said:

McBobbin said:

Shows we have a bit of character and come back... We've had a couple of later winners

Hoping to go in Tuesday, but I suspect I won't make it. I want to go to a few more games this season now my eldest wants to come
    Think the game is on Monday night.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

McBobbin said:

Daddy_Pig said:

McBobbin said:

Think the game is on Monday night.
    So it is! Cheers
  • Options
    Can't believe the guy was expecting crowds of 3000/4000

1100 there yesterday
  • Options
    They should still win the league comfortably with the squad they've got, but the guy is an absolute prick!
  • Options
    Still can't believe he's spending all that money and yet he's managing the side himself. Why not just get in a top league 2 or non league manager to do it properly?
  • Options

Still can't believe he's spending all that money and yet he's managing the side himself. Why not just get in a top league 2 or non league manager to do it properly?

And we thought our chairman was mad.
  • Options

Evidently, the man has an ego
  • Options
    The second attempt at the Erith Town FC v Rochester United FA Cup Replay is tomorrow night at VCD. Kick off is 7-45pm, Admission is £8 for Adults & £5 for kids.

The winners are away to Whyteleafe of the Bostik South, next Saturday.

If you can get along to support fellow lifer @falconwood_1 , your support will be much appreciated. Only 6 games away from Charlton v Erith Town in the first round.
  • Options
    Bromley just beat Leyton Orient 6-1. (Six).
  • Options
    LouisMend said:

What a performance it was too. Bromley have 8 points from their first 4 games from what's been a very tough start. Another tough fixture on Saturday against Hartlepool.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Grea result for the mighty ebbs too.... 3-1 down 20 to go. 3-3.
  • Options
    Erith and Belvedere beat Phoneix Reserves 3-1 tonight. Edith were relegated last season but have won all 3 games so far this season
  • Options

Grea result for the mighty ebbs too.... 3-1 down 20 to go. 3-3.

Great fightback wasn't it. There's a lot of bottle in that team
  • Options

LouisMend said:

What a performance it was too. Bromley have 8 points from their first 4 games from what's been a very tough start. Another tough fixture on Saturday against Hartlepool.
    Something still really weird about seeing Orient and Hartlepool in the National League, but looking at the table there are loads of former League teams there, and well known ones too
  • Options

LouisMend said:

Something still really weird about seeing Orient and Hartlepool in the National League, but looking at the table there are loads of former League teams there, and well known ones too
    If you do not return to league 2 within two years it almost certainly leads to a prolonged spell out of the professional circuit.

The conference will be very interesting this year.
  • Options
    edited August 2017

LouisMend said:

The Conference North has 7 ex-League teams - Southport, Stockport, York, Darlington, Bradford Park Avenue, Kidderminster and Boston. And 8, if you include Gainsborough Trinity who left the League over 100 years ago.
  • Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:

The second attempt at the Erith Town FC v Rochester United FA Cup Replay is tomorrow night at VCD. Kick off is 7-45pm, Admission is £8 for Adults & £5 for kids.

The winners are away to Whyteleafe of the Bostik South, next Saturday.

If you can get along to support fellow lifer @falconwood_1 , your support will be much appreciated. Only 6 games away from Charlton v Erith Town in the first round.

5-0 win...hard game v Whyteleafe on their 3G next.
  • Options
    Good win though Dev. As Rochester were supposed to be assembling a decent squad this season. Whyteleafe are decent beat VCD last night.
  • Options
    Goalless draw away from home for Welling last night.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Goalless draw away from home for Welling last night.

Decent point. A win on Saturday would be handy though.