Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Non League latest....

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2023
    At Bromley. Will be looking out for James Vennings.

Bergkamp on the bench 
    Karoy Anderson (No.15) is playing for Aldershot as well
  • Options
    At Bromley. Will be looking out for James Vennings.

Bergkamp on the bench 
    Karoy Anderson (No.15) is playing for Aldershot as well

I'd forgotten he'd gone there on loan!

I think Vennings had the assist for the Bromley equaliser 
  • Options
    Finished 2-2. Vennings was as I remembered him, a nice player with a decent touch. I don't remember Karoy doing anything memorable, whether positive or negative.

Now defrosting in the pub!
  • Options
    Feel for the fans today at Peterborough. Our lot at Erith Town had our FA Vase in Somerset cancelled for the 2nd time today. 

So far we have wasted £4,950 on it with the winning money only £1,800….

I can recommend the Starbucks at Fleet Services though 🤪
  • Options
    Anyone planning Hamlet v Ebbsfleet this evening there is a 3.00 PM pitch inspection.
  • Options
    Kap10 said:
    Anyone planning Hamlet v Ebbsfleet this evening there is a 3.00 PM pitch inspection.
    Welling Town v Hollands & Blair, groundshare with Chatham Town, tonight if an alternative should Dulwich be off.
  • Options
    Kap10 said:
    Game is on according the fleets website.

Dulwich game on! – Ebbsfleet United Football Club | Official Website of the Fleet
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Kap10 said:

Dulwich game on! – Ebbsfleet United Football Club | Official Website of the Fleet
    Yup Dulwich confirm, hopingb Ebbsfleet are not quite so quick off the mark tonight  :D

• Options
    Weymouth (at home to Hampton & Richmond) just called their game off at 19:10.
    And we thought the Peterborough call was mistimed.
  • Options
    R0TW said:
    A disgraceful decision, thought I can't imagine there would be more than a handful of Hampton supporters there
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Kap10 said:
    Kap10 said:

Yup Dulwich confirm, hopingb Ebbsfleet are not quite so quick off the mark tonight  :D

Ebbsfleet certainly not quick off the mark tonight, as they arrived late, meaning that kickoff was pushed back to 8pm!
  • Options
    R0TW said:
    A disgraceful decision, thought I can't imagine there would be more than a handful of Hampton supporters there
    Still had to pay for a coach and team to travel.
    Pennies to some, but pounds to others.
    As for supporters, makes no difference to me if it is 10 or 1000.
  • Options
    R0TW said:
    R0TW said:
    Of course, I wasn't suggesting that it made it acceptable because so few were there, just that the numbers would be very low.
  • Options
    Aldershot won again tonight and Anderson getting very positive reviews
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Hendon away to Weston-super-Mare tonight. Called off at 7.40pm. 
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    You didnt go mate did you
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    No, it was called off 
  • Options
    Ebbsfleet won 3-1, Dulwich down to 10 men after 63 mins. Was 3-1 at the time.
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    No, it was called off 
    Cheeky git
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    @killerandflash 08.05 in fact, but then they were straight out of the blocks. 2-0 at half time an early goal for Hamlet gave hope but it was short lived as a soft third went in for Ebbsfleet.
  • Options
    R0TW said:
    R0TW said:
    Also as a semi-pro team pretty much everybody involved has a part time job. Weymouth is 2-3 hours away so most would need to take book time off work, which would’ve been wasted and not necessarily possible for the rearranged game. For us, Halifax called the game off twice, both times when we were waiting for the coach to pick us up! 
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    R0TW said:
    R0TW said:
    Also as a semi-pro team pretty much everybody involved has a part time job. Weymouth is 2-3 hours away so most would need to take book time off work, which would’ve been wasted and not necessarily possible for the rearranged game. For us, Halifax called the game off twice, both times when we were waiting for the coach to pick us up! 

Dover seem to be the kings of late calloffs , think they've had 2-3 this season called off very very late. 
  • Options
    Welling have just signed Kevin Lisbie's Son (well one of them)
  • Options
    And he is very quick.
  • Options
    R0TW said:
    And he is very quick.
    Good result for the wings today mate.
  • Options
    Yes mate, got a few decent loans in, rather than the usual dross others want rid of.
    Very feisty affair, with one of their management getting sent off.
    To end the day, had Welling at 17/4 which paid for the post match ruby.

Next up, Dartford.
  • Options
    Dartford would be champions by a mile if they could play Ebbsfleet every week. Sadly, having to play other teams is trickier.
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Ebbsfleet are at home to Havant next Saturday...

Ross Worner is in goal for them i think. Spoke to him a couple of years ago at the same fixture, said he remembers his time with us fondly but felt he didn't get a decent chance to prove himself.
  • Options
    Ebbsfleet are at home to Havant next Saturday...

Ross Worner is in goal for them i think. Spoke to him a couple of years ago at the same fixture, said he remembers his time with us fondly but felt he didn't get a decent chance to prove himself.
    No offence to the guy, but his subsequent career shows his natural level is way below L1. He was always going to be signed as a punt, and after being released he's hardly showed that we were wrong to release him.