Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Non League latest....

Comments

• Options
    A supporter has died at the National League game between Bromley and Yeovil, prompting the match to be abandoned.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63765169
  • Options
    clive said:
    A supporter has died at the National League game between Bromley and Yeovil, prompting the match to be abandoned.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63765169
    That is so sad, condolences to all involved. 
  • Options
    Incredibly sad. RIP and condolences to the family of the poor person in question.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Went to Salisbury v Hendon today. Got there nice and early, looking forward to a pint or several before the kick off.....only to discover it was a 1pm KO and I'd missed the first Hendon goal (arrived at 1.10pm)

Salisbury went 3-1 up but the Ipswich game taught me to see it out to the bitter end and despite a pretty poor performance, Hendon scored in the 93rd and 95th mins to get a 3-3 !!

One of the stranger days I've had at football......

• Options
    edited December 2022
    Simonsen said:
    Went to Salisbury v Hendon today. Got there nice and early, looking forward to a pint or several before the kick off.....only to discover it was a 1pm KO and I'd missed the first Hendon goal (arrived at 1.10pm)

Salisbury went 3-1 up but the Ipswich game taught me to see it out to the bitter end and despite a pretty poor performance, Hendon scored in the 93rd and 95th mins to get a 3-3 !!

Sort of similar. Went to Ebbsflleet v Slough, got there at 11.50 to find it was a 3pm kick off. Some official said it said 3 on the website.

When I showed him the website plus the BBC one they both had 12.30, he just said oh.

As for the match 2-0 to Fleet but could and should have been many more, fair play to Slough for digging in and defending doggedly.

At least cheered up my weekend after Friday night's mess. 
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

Sort of similar. Went to Ebbsflleet v Slough, got there at 11.50 to find it was a 3pm kick off. Some official said it said 3 on the website.

When I showed him the website plus the BBC one they both had 12.30, he just said oh.

As for the match 2-0 to Fleet but could and should have been many more, fair play to Slough for digging in and defending doggedly.

Bet you had a tidy drink before the game though! 
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    Simonsen said:

Bet you had a tidy drink before the game though! 
    Funny enough mate...no...i went back to my mothers got her some fish and chips and went back on a later train
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Handbags
  • Options
    edited December 2022

Gate Money: Inside Non-League Football's Funding Fiasco (Full Documentary)

In Gate Money, sports journalist Fred Atkins aims to find out why what should have been feel-good story turned into a tale of bitterness and abuse for clubs and fans of England's lower-level football divisions. A global pandemic, a 10 million pound lottery grant and 66 Non-League football clubs. What could possibly go wrong? The 57-minute investigative documentary film is directed by Jasper Spanjaart (SPNJRT Media Productions) and presented by Fred Atkins. The film features interviews with former FA chairman David Bernstein, former Minister of Sport Tracey Crouch, football finance teacher and podcast host Kieran Maguire, BBC Non-League Show presenter Ollie Bayliss, and representatives from Chester FC, Dorking Wanderers, Dulwich Hamlet, Maidstone United and Tonbridge Angels. 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhs6B8FyDKc
  • Options
    Last gasp win for mighty Dorking tonight v arch rivals, Maidstone ! 

Against 10 men, scored an equaliser & winner in the 90th & 95 minute ! 

Great stuff ! 
  • Options

Great stuff ! 
    2 wins in 18 for the mighty stones and fans now calling for the manager to go
  • Options
    cafckev said:

Great stuff ! 
    2 wins in 18 for the mighty stones and fans now calling for the manager to go
    A fair chance they'll swap places with Ebbsfleet. I can see Dartford being there or there abouts yet again, but missing out...
  • Options
    It seems almost every week Maidstone are announcing new players on loan for a month or two. Seems that he there is no real consistency at the moment  
  • Options
    cafckev said:
    It seems almost every week Maidstone are announcing new players on loan for a month or two. Seems that he there is no real consistency at the moment  
    Dartford seemed to go down that path last season, it never works, and I doubt the fans like it either. Especially at non league level, you want that connection with the players, not watching a bunch of strangers
  • Options
    Incidentally the Dartford vs Ebsfleet game on NYD is all ticket, so no ticket sales on the day. I don't recall that for previous NYD encounters with Ebbsfleet?
  • Options
    If Hakkan does go it's not surprising, but then again, he got let down by some atrocious defending and a needless red card. From what I hear things are not good in the dressing room there. Big bust up last weekend at half time I heard.

I was expecting Maidstone to be all long ball yesterday based on what their fans were saying before the game but they did play it about in the first half. Both teams looks a bit nervy really, it was basically a six pointer. The turnaround at the end was pretty incredible, I couldn't see an equaliser coming when the board went up, but when Dorking did score the winner seemed inevitable. A quick corner, Trent Arnold-style, caught Maidstone out. Some of the Maidstone players were walking the other way, not even looking at the ball! 
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    If Hakkan does go it's not surprising, but then again, he got let down by some atrocious defending and a needless red card. From what I hear things are not good in the dressing room there. Big bust up last weekend at half time I heard.

I was expecting Maidstone to be all long ball yesterday based on what their fans were saying before the game but they did play it about in the first half. Both teams looks a bit nervy really, it was basically a six pointer. The turnaround at the end was pretty incredible, I couldn't see an equaliser coming when the board went up, but when Dorking did score the winner seemed inevitable. A quick corner, Trent Arnold-style, caught Maidstone out. Some of the Maidstone players were walking the other way, not even looking at the ball! 
    Unfortunately, Maidstone are very similar to Charlton in that they give away a lot of late goals which is down to poor defensive errors and players loss of concentration 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great win for Dartford last night at Waterlooville after some pretty rank results. Viewed from afar, Dartford also seem to employ the modern method of a high turnover of loanees who come and play for a month or two and then go elsewhere, which seems an unsettling way to run a squad. They now are back joint top with Ebbsfleet but with four games more played, which is a lot of room for the top team to move away. 
  • Options
    My cunning plan to curse Ebbsfleet by forecasting a win for them over Dartford has worked a treat today  :)
  • Options
    Great result. Thank fuck Welling have finally got one also.
  • Options
    Unexpectedly great result for Dartford at Ebbsfleet. I thought they were in with a shout to get something, but that was off the scale. The rematch coming up at PP will be interesting as the Darts try to double up on the Boxing Day win, while Ebbsfleet will no doubt want to turn things around. 
    As for Welling, they seem capable of the best and the worst on a weekly basis. I would never want to bet on their results as they are a law unto themselves. Having said which, they are away from the bottom now, so after last season, this year seems a lot better.
  • Options
    Fleet miss a sitter, and Darts punish them a minute later, so 1-0 at HT

Solly playing as a defensive midfielder for them 
  • Options
    Mate of mine went to Hastings v Lewes (2-1) decent crowd 1,600+.....that was boxing day.

• Options
    Fleet miss a sitter, and Darts punish them a minute later, so 1-0 at HT

Solly playing as a defensive midfielder for them 

2-0.
  • Options
    3-0 to Dartford now  :)
  • Options
    3386 attendance 
  • Options
    4-0  :D