Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Non League latest....

Comments

• Options
    Very disappointing to hear this

• Options
    Weymouth 2-0 Welling in the FA Cup
  • Options
    Strange result for welling today considering their relative league positions
  • Options
    Shocking performance. To be fair, they gave Havant a game Tuesday for 75 mins, so not necessarily a given.
    Teams getting wind of Wellings direct approach game with Azzis and Payne.
    Lovely coastal town though, and the bar next door has red stripe on tap.
    Every cloud.....
  • Options
    I see Dartford are playing at Dulwich next Saturday. Not been there for a few years, so was thinking of going as an alternative to Lincoln (walking or bus from Brixton).

I know Dulwich have been selling out in recent years, so is it still worth getting a ticket in advance, rather than just paying on the day?
  • Options
    Personally I would buy a ticket.
    Dont buy a half time lottery ticket though as they want to abolish any form of gambling from football.
    Also, steer clear of the burger bars as they also promote keeping junk food away from football.
    Hypocritical c****

Oh and make sure you have a card. Card only.

• Options
    R0TW said:
    Personally I would buy a ticket.
    Dont buy a half time lottery ticket though as they want to abolish any form of gambling from football.
    Also, steer clear of the burger bars as they also promote keeping junk food away from football.
    Hypocritical c****

Oh and make sure you have a card. Card only.

Thanks, I wasn't planning on eating anyway, though those "MYPIES" look quite nice
  • Options
    https://www.kentonline.co.uk/gravesend/news/plans-submitted-for-huge-waterfront-stadium-274540/

As part of a major redevelopment of the area, there's a proposed new 8000 seater stadium for Ebbsfleet
  • Options
    https://www.kentonline.co.uk/gravesend/news/plans-submitted-for-huge-waterfront-stadium-274540/

As part of a major redevelopment of the area, there's a proposed new 8000 seater stadium for Ebbsfleet
    Great news, hope it all works out.
  • Options
    At a sold out Champions Hill.

Whatever you might think about them, in terms of filling the stadium, it's working 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2022
    1-1 at HT, Samir Carruthers with a penalty to equalise. 
  • Options
    2-1 win for Dartford, Sheringham with the winner sparing me from a Charltonish 1-1 draw.
  • Options
    Dartford have a lot of big players in the team. They are not embarrassed to go route 1 and long ball most of the time.
    They just about deserved the win. 
    Did not see any non league gems in either team.
    The gate announced as 3300. Nearly as big as our home gates. 

• Options
    msomerton said:
    Dartford have a lot of big players in the team. They are not embarrassed to go route 1 and long ball most of the time.
    They just about deserved the win. 
    Did not see any non league gems in either team.
    The gate announced as 3300. Nearly as big as our home gates. 

Dartford improved as an attacking force in the second half, when the lump Wall came on, as it gave a focal point up front, even if he's a limited player.

A number of corners in the second half, from which we scored from one.
  • Options
    Feeney sent off yet again for Welling. 
    Pathetic in my opinion.
    Will be telling him so as well if I get the opportunity.
  • Options
    fantastic away draw for Welling at Ebbsfleet with 9 men
  • Options
    Good home win for Dorking Wanderers, 3-1
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Welling saved a 99th min penalty as well
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Welling saved a 99th min penalty as well
    Ebbsfleet United 1 Welling United 1 match report: Rakish Bingham's stoppage-time penalty saved by Kai McKenzie-Lyle (kentonline.co.uk)

Sounded a bit lively with a ref who lost it. Two players off for dissent. 
  • Options
    We've only got 9 men ( for 20 mins )
    Fking brilliant game and what it is all about.
    Come on you wings
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    10 men for 70 mins
  • Options
    Torquay v Altrincham

what a game!!!!  
  • Options
    Good home win for Dorking Wanderers, 3-1

Could have gone either way after an hour but in truth they were the better team. I think Wealdstone are right to question the refereeing around the first two Wanderers goals. 
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Even as an Ebbsfleet fan, I have to say that prior to the first red card I thought Welling were by far the better side for the first 35 minutes
  • Options
    Our son told us yesterday about the new BBC3 programme tonight 8-9pm, called " Squad Goals : Dorking 'Til I Die" which  focuses on the club's Women's Team. 

So, made the decision to watch that.

Looking at the BBC Sport website just now, saw an article by Calum Best, George's son, with the headline " I'd never even thought of being involved in football like this ".....and after reading the piece, realised that he is now the volunteer Chairman of the team after being approached by his pal, and manager of DW, the irrepressible Marc White. 

Calum stated that he was an active online participant of the Her Game Too campaign & felt Marc's offer was an opportunity to do something positive for women's football & added that, of course, he liked the title ! 

If you're at all interested, the article is worth reading, especially regarding his ambition for the team and we're looking forward to the programme tonight. 
  • Options
    Our son told us yesterday about the new BBC3 programme tonight 8-9pm, called " Squad Goals : Dorking 'Til I Die" which  focuses on the club's Women's Team. 

Looking at the BBC Sport website just now, saw an article by Calum Best, George's son, with the headline " I'd never even thought of being involved in football like this ".....and after reading the piece, realised that he is now the volunteer Chairman of the team after being approached by his pal, and manager of DW, the irrepressible Marc White. 

Calum stated that he was an active online participant of the Her Game Too campaign & felt Marc's offer was an opportunity to do something positive for women's football & added that, of course, he liked the title ! 

If you're at all interested, the article is worth reading, especially regarding his ambition for the team and we're looking forward to the programme tonight. 
    I see Calum quite a lot there now. He's a remarkably nice guy. Marc set him up with the women's team and he's taking it very seriously. The crew that shoot his doc have a budget that is something like 500,000 times the size of mine! Haven't watched it yet but dreading it - I was watching the women's cup final at Meadowbank with Marc, shoving a hot dog into my face, getting mustard all over me when I realised the camera was filming Marc with me behind him. If that shot makes the cut I'll never eat a hot dog again. 
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Welling Ebsfleet highlights
    https://youtu.be/ltJsJL-wcoA
  • Options
    Dulwich beat Hungerford 2-1 for a much needed win, but still too close to the relegation zone.  An attractive display by Hamlet, marred by a late needless penalty.  But the team closed the game down so all good in the end.
  • Options

He's changed a bit over the years then. Usually his only involvement with women was trying to sleep with as many as possible.