Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Non League latest....

Comments

• Options
    Well done welling.. ebbsfleet win too. have havant next week I think.
    Make your mind up. Have they or haven’t they?
  • Options
    Well done welling.. ebbsfleet win too. have havant next week I think.
    Make your mind up. Have they or haven’t they?
    Lol yes they have away.
  • Options
    Just under a thousand at Welling yesterday. Double what they were getting last season. 
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    Just under a thousand at Welling yesterday. Double what they were getting last season. 
    That's with practically no away there either, I counted around 5 or 6 Oxford fans there yesterday. Had there been similar numbers to Chelmsford last week it would have been over a thousand.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    The crowd were very loud 
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    Glory hunters
  • Options
    I see The Vanarama League have declined international streaming of games, which seems mental considering the revenue it would create from Wrexham games alone (I presume opposition would get some of that cash)
  • Options
    Non league football to resume this week.
  • Options
    Quite shocked by that but most Dulwich fans don’t seem to be.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/manager-gavin-rose-agrees-dulwich-hamlet-stay/

Strange timing, This article from June suggested that it was the manager unsure whether to stay, not the other way round
  • Options
    Feels like it’s been brewing for a while and I don’t think Rose doing his contract negotiations in public helped matters.
  • Options
    2 seasons late for me. Rose just not good enough at this level.
  • Options
    Feels like it’s been brewing for a while and I don’t think Rose doing his contract negotiations in public helped matters.
    1 win in 7, 6 in 30 did not help his cause.

Been manager most of the time I have watched them and all the time I have been serious about them but as we know with Curbs nothing lasts forever, I just hope they do not follow a similar trajectory or lose the values that make this a distinctive club.
  • Options
    Wings one up 
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Wings one up 
    Does that mean the other wing is down?
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Wings one up 
    Finished 1 0, Wings up to 5th.
  • Options
    Great stuff Ebsfleet keep it going.
  • Options
    Went to watch Dorking's trip to Barnet last night. Nice little ground but run by morons. They wouldn't let us film there without paying them which was crazy, but in keeping with a club that focuses on income from its facilities rather than any real desire to build a successful football club. 

Was a good game however - Barnet missed a LOT of chances and the fans were angry with the ref (incorrectly I think) as much as their own team. They should do pretty well if they figure out how to put the ball in the net rather than over the bar. 
  • Options
    Was just reading what looks like a weekly blog from that Humphrey Ker @ Wrexham on their website.

https://www.wrexhamafc.co.uk/news/2022/september/humphrey-ker-column--another-week-and-another-win/

Nice to see the Dorking owner / Manager putting £300 behind the bar for the away fans.

Is that common for him to do so?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Was just reading what looks like a weekly blog from that Humphrey Ker @ Wrexham on their website.

https://www.wrexhamafc.co.uk/news/2022/september/humphrey-ker-column--another-week-and-another-win/

Nice to see the Dorking owner / Manager putting £300 behind the bar for the away fans.

Is that common for him to do so?
    Yeah that's not a surprising thing from him. I wanted to film him doing it but he didn't which was to his credit - he didn't want it to look like a stunt for cameras. Although he was happy with the positive social media feedback it earned! 

I wish the Wrexham fans had been as nice. The way the lads behind the goal abused my work experience lad was technically a hate crime! 
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    Went to watch Dorking's trip to Barnet last night. Nice little ground but run by morons. They wouldn't let us film there without paying them which was crazy, but in keeping with a club that focuses on income from its facilities rather than any real desire to build a successful football club. 

Was a good game however - Barnet missed a LOT of chances and the fans were angry with the ref (incorrectly I think) as much as their own team. They should do pretty well if they figure out how to put the ball in the net rather than over the bar. 
    Went there a couple of seasons ago., They had no programme you had to download it, they had two bars, one for home supporters only and the other one was hired out for a wedding, so away fans couldnt get a drink at the ground.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

You wait until you go to Boreham Wood...
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

You wait until you go to Boreham Wood...
    Awful place, the most unfriendly non-league ground I've been to. 
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    I found Boreham Wood ok, but they do feel a bit dominated by the Arsenal Women who also play there. They have a North Bank and are planning a Clock End next!
  • Options
    Welling 1 0 up at Fisher in their FA Cup replay.
  • Options
    2 0 now
  • Options
    Vincenzo said:
    Quite shocked by that but most Dulwich fans don’t seem to be.
    Gutted, would have hoped they could hold onto him to the end of the season
  • Options
    2 0 now
    Feeney popped out and bought a case of beer for the Fisher team following their 0-0 at PVR.
    Proper football