Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Non League latest....

Comments

• Well done Grimsby, but you feel that Solihull have missed their big chance of promotion with all the big money teams in the NL now 
  • Well done Grimsby, but you feel that Solihull have missed their big chance of promotion with all the big money teams in the NL now 
    They would probably have stayed up too. They will have to wait a while now, I suspect.
    there is some history of Nat clubs failing in the play off final and then nosediving the next season, (e.g. Afc Fylde) when the main benefactor no longer picks up the tabs and the best players move on .. however, Solihull has been there or thereabouts for a few seasons now and I suspect will still be there next time round .. all depends on the money and the motivation .. Wrexham of course will be there if the Hollywood chaps retain their interest
    Well done Grimsby, my neighbours are very pleased with Sunday's result   :)
    there is some history of Nat clubs failing in the play off final and then nosediving the next season, (e.g. Afc Fylde) when the main benefactor no longer picks up the tabs and the best players move on .. however, Solihull has been there or thereabouts for a few seasons now and I suspect will still be there next time round .. all depends on the money and the motivation .. Wrexham of course will be there if the Hollywood chaps retain their interest
    Well done Grimsby, my neighbours are very pleased with Sunday's result   :)
    I wonder if Southend will be in contention next season. Their form in the second half of the season was good after an appalling start. Chesterfield and Notts County will be there or thereabouts so it may not be easy for Wrexham. I suspect the two relegated teams, Oldham and Scunthorpe, will take another season to compete.
  • edited June 2022
    Badger said:
    Real shame as i have seen them at Hartley Wintney a few times. When you see the money thrown about on premiership players and LIV golfers a small fraction of that could save these clubs.

There is always a few there who bring a drum along and sing "we are, we are casuals" to the tune of "we will rock you" by Queen.
  • Josh Wright has signed for Ebbsfleet
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2022
    Taylor Maloney has signed for Welling from Lewes.

For those who dont remember him, he was our U23 Captain - Showed a brief bit of potential (Central Midfielder), and played a handful of games (two in the League, the rest in the EFL Trophy), but seemed to lightweight and got released in 2020.
  • Welling 3-4 Beckenham Town in a friendly at the moment.

Not quite half-time

Not quite half-time
    Sorry got the score the wrong way around... Its now 6-3 to Welling

Not quite half-time
    Aren't Beckenham 2 divisions lower?
  • edited July 2022
    Welling 3-4 Beckenham Town in a friendly at the moment.

Not quite half-time
    Aren't Beckenham 2 divisions lower?
    Yeah... Just been promoted to the Isthmian League (one of the three regional levels below the Premier Division)
  • Welling win by 7 goals to 3 
  • The SCEFL 2022/23 Premier Division season kicks off this Friday night with Erith Town hosting Phoenix Sports.

It will be the first game back with us for Phoenix since their league season winning campaign of 2014/15. They won 5-1 at Erith Town that year on their way to the title and have similar aims this time around as they hope for a quick return to Isthmian level football.

Erith Town will be tricky hosts for this season opener though as they will be looking to get off to a good start to a campaign that they will be hoping sees them outdo last years impressive 7th placed finish.

Kick-off is at 7.30pm at the Erith Stadium and head there early as a big crowd is expected.

Adults £8/Over 65s £5/U16s Free
    Programme £2.50 at gate
    Bar open 6pm-11pm
    Tea Bar upstairs

• Havent seen Tareiq Holmes-Dennis on a Welling teamsheet since he played against us.

Certainly isnt involved today, so hope he wasnt just making up the numbers
  • Elliott Lee has scored for Wrexham 
  • Sponsored links:

• Tough game down at Taunton today for Welling. Well drilled Taunton defence.
    Draw fair result.
  • ROTW said:
    Tough game down at Taunton today for Welling. Well drilled Taunton defence.
    Draw fair result.
    Good day out mate?
  • ROTW said:
    Draw fair result.
    Good day out mate?
    After all that cider, he's too pissed to type!
  • ROTW said:
    Draw fair result.
    Good day out mate?
    It’s the wife’s birthday, I suggested a long weekend in Somerset.
    Woke up this morning and my son mentioned Welling were playing Taunton.
    No blame on my part.
    Win, win.
    She wouldn’t ever condone her little angel :smile:

• edited August 2022

• View from the terrace.
  • ROTW said:
    Draw fair result.
    Good day out mate?
    After all that cider, he's too pissed to type!
    Fuck me, they do like a drop down here though. It’s like a up market Woolwich.
  • And everyone appears to be on the bifta. Neighbour has just come out with some foul smelling fish dish with one hanging out an orifice that is full of woven matter on his face.
  • Ha ha, I am ow pissed and run out of Rizlas. 
    When in Rome…
  • ROTW said:
    Draw fair result.
    https://youtu.be/g0TxN3yUcDE