Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Transfer Window Summer 2013 (Alnwick In, Green loan out, Stewart loan in)

Comments

• Options
    Considering what some Prem clubs pay for some players, I think £3 mill would be a snip. If it was on the table, we'd definitely take it but that said, I can't see it happening.
  • Options
    Id sell him for that all day long he can only play for SCP
  • Options
    Doubtful but this rumour did the rounds about three weeks ago. If there was substance for that long I think we would have heard about it in the press. Doubted it then and still doubt it. Gulp.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I love Kermorgant but I have no idea how we could get 3m for him considering his age.

Edit: Because it probably isn't true is the obvious answer of course.
  • Options
    let's hope this rumour stays a rumour ....
  • Options
    You can replace kermo with 3mil easy. You could replace him, pay S.Jacksons wages and buy a new cm for 3mil.
  • Options
    Fear ye not, Yann is going nowhere, it's silly season remember.
  • Options
    If we lost Kerm, we'd have to change the way we play. We could buy 2 or 3 very good players for 3 million, but we'd be very hard pressed to find anyone who does what Kerm does as well as he does it and would be willing to sign for us.

That's assuming all the money got reinvested in players. If CP only got a third to spend we'd be very significantly weakened.
  • Options
    Highly doubt Kerms will leave especially for £3m. It's silly season
  • Options
    Kermorgant & Berbatov????
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Macronate said:

Kermorgant & Berbatov????

I'm having a sex wee at the thought of that.
  • Options
    On course for being mentioned in the same breath as Gray,Mullins or Purse.

FR

25 Jun 2013 16:51:50
    Former Spurs midfielder John Bostock has joined Charlton on a 6-month deal.
  • Options
    edited June 2013

• Options

Couldn't turn down 3mill for any player, especially not one in his 30's. Be gutted though

unfortunately ... this is absolutely the situation .. but I would expect that a club like CAFC is not desperate for 3 million. (I am a born optimist) .. Kermorgant is one of the few players who in my opinion, would be nigh on impossible to replace. He is so integral to the way we play. His departure could, in the longer term, cost us more than 3 million
    Agree entirely. Would be a huge, gaping loss.

• Options
    edited June 2013
    How much was the Celtic offer last year? The guy has said he wants to stay here, he's an integral part of our team and, as has already been stated, he's no spring chicken...

Let's face it, it would also be a bit of a gamble for them. Besides his time here he hasn't exactly set the world alight - and even here it hasn't been in the heady heights of the Premier League.

I seriously hope it isn't true, and I genuinely doubt it is. However, if it was? Good luck to him, he'll be sorely missed - but I don't think any of us could begrudge him of the chance to finish his career in the top flight. He deserves it.
  • Options
    Even if we weren't desperate for money I think we'd be mad to turn down anything even close to 3m. Yes Yann is a huge part of how we play and is so effective at what he does but for that amount of money for a player with a year (?) left to run on his contract and his age we'd be mad not to accept. I firmly believe you can build a team capable of challenging for promotion from that despite teams like Leicester's failures in that area.

It'd be a loss but I'd expect us to accept and adapt our system to new signings. A manager of CP's calibre should be able to do that successfully.
  • Options
    I think we (or he) already turned down a £3m move to Celtic?
  • Options

I think we (or he) already turned down a £3m move to Celtic?

I think it came out at POTY that it was as much a rejection from him as it was us. He was offered more money too?
  • Options
    I don't know what the Celtic offer was - even assuming there actually was one. Agree that we wouldn't begrudge Kermo the step up to the Prem, and also agree that £3m sounds unlikely. But even if it materialised, there's no guarantee that Powell would have all of it to spend on players. From this supporter's point of view, Kermo's power and skill all over the pitch would be sorely missed and very difficult to replace.
  • Options
    Jeez u can't believe you lot are even discussing it.

31 year old strikers who haven't really done it in their career (yes I know we love him but seriously) do not demand a fee of £3m from a prem club!

Some spotty teenager has written it for crying out loud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

31 year old strikers who haven't really done it in their career (yes I know we love him but seriously) do not demand a fee of £3m from a prem club!

I hope you're right. Was the Celtic offer not genuine either? Harveys Gardener and LuckyReds, above, suggest it was.

• Options

I hope you're right. Was the Celtic offer not genuine either? Harveys Gardener and LuckyReds, above, suggest it was.

I'm fairly certain it came out by someone through an official function, Player Of The Year is really sticking out in my mind or a similar event. I'm sure someone will be on soon to confirm!
  • Options
    68 new posts since 2pm. This is really getting annoying
  • Options
    DeeBee said:

Agree yet still checking aswell :(

Last year i didnt bother with the rumours thread. Wishing i didnt this year
  • Options

Mike said:

think Fulham will be looking for a higher class of player than Kermorgant to be honest.

Kermo is a Rolls Royce mate. You don't get a higher class than him.
    Don't you mean a Rolo?

• Options
    DeeBee said:

• Options
  • Options
    Yann was linked with Celtic in the media last summer. Completely different to being linked with a move on Football Rumours or those Twitter accounts. Won't happen.
  • Options
    Enough of this silliness.
    We are looking to sign Macheda.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

Enough of this silliness.
    We are looking to sign Macheda.

Source ?

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!