Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Portsmouth FC

Comments

• Options
    That is absolute madness. Does Hreidarsson really need a grand a month on top of what he has made from the game?
  • Options

That is absolute madness. Does Hreidarsson really need a grand a month on top of what he has made from the game?

Probably not.....but you can't really blame the players for the ridiculous mess that the club is in.

If ever there was a case for a club to be wound up then Portsmouth is it. I think it is scandalous the way that they have been allowed to carry on operating.

Harsh for the fans I know.....
  • Options

Probably not.....but you can't really blame the players for the ridiculous mess

They are contributing to it every month by taking those payments. They should write it off and move on with their lives. Pretty much all of then are wealthy. This money means little to them and will finish that club
  • Options
    The club should be finished IMO.
  • Options
    So who exactly is paying that - because it's sure as hell isn't the fans?
  • Options
    Are those figures for wages then or the transfer fees?
  • Options
    E-cafc said:

Are those figures for wages then or the transfer fees?

Wages.

• Options
    Swisdom said:

They are contributing to it every month by taking those payments. They should write it off and move on with their lives. Pretty much all of then are wealthy. This money means little to them and will finish that club

Can I borrow a few grand, I'm sure you won't mind when I can afford to pay you back!
  • Options

Swisdom said:

Can I borrow a few grand, I'm sure you won't mind when I can afford to pay you back!

If I had squillions in the bank, and you had employed me and subsequently fallen on hard timesto the point you were no longer going to exist and been forced to let me go - then maybe.
  • Options
    Maybe I'm selfish but I'd want what I was owed. Looks like most have been flexible by spreading payments over a manageable 48 month period at 0% interest...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bloody hell was it redknapp who wanted Ben Haim that badly. That's a ridicoulous amount to pay a crap player
  • Options
    WSS said:

Maybe I'm selfish but I'd want what I was owed. Looks like most have been flexible by spreading payments over a manageable 48 month period at 0% interest...

The chances are this isn't "owed" as the contracts were cancelled its just what the club and player signed up to. So they are now being paid by Pompey AND their new clubs - and probably above their usual rate because they were signed as free agents!

I'm sorry but this really pisses me off
  • Options
    HAYDEN MULLINS

£632,281.32 – 28 monthly payments of £21,867.19. One lump-sum payment of £20,000 in January 2016.

Worth every penny!! Hasn't kicked a ball for them for 2 years.
  • Options
    I'm sure most of those players have their reasons for wanting a payout. What would Clive Mendonca or Keith Gillespie done in those circumstances.
  • Options
    it's not the players fault they were given those contracts, I'd be in the queue for my money if it were me - would no doubt offer some kind of deal but I wouldn't write it off totally.
  • Options
    What about Ben Haim?
    Or Kanu?
    Hreidatsson?
    Mullins?

If it were Gillespie or Mendonca I could kind of understand given that this is likely to be their last payday. What I can't understand is that some of these players are going to be earning more than most people on this forum for the next 3 1/2 years for doing nothing whilst also being paid inflated wages at the new clubs.
    I agree Portsmouth should have gone to the wall but I don't suppose many of the creditors were given the option to take their full pay so why the fuck should these players. In fact if I remember correctly it was something along the lines of one penny in the pound so why does that not stand for the players too
  • Options
    Reading that list makes me want to vomit. Some decent players on it but some absolute shockers STILL earning £1000's per week from a club that they helped bring down.

Everything that is wrong about football is there to see on that list from overpaid average footballers through dodgy deals and poor administration or supporter short termism to dreadful laws allowing creditors to get dicked over while Kanu still picks up £1000's for doing nowt.
  • Options
    Portsmouth were stupid enough to pay these players all that money, now they have to pay the consequences until all is paid up. Hopefully it's a lesson for all the other clubs spending what they can't afford on everage players at best. Somehow I dont think it will be though.
  • Options
    I'd blame Redknapp, for signing some dross, and the Chief Exec, for sanctioning those wages. Can't see how it's the players faults. If it were me I'd want my money.
  • Options
    That works out to over 130k a month, and that is for players no longer there on what you'd assume are reduced settlement figures. Can only begin to wonder what they were paying out on wages 2/3/4 years ago
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2013
    Swisdom said:

Why should they write them off?

Ok, they get paid stupid money admittedly, but if you signed a contract & started working for a company, who then started going to the wall, who then said, 'sorry mate, we can't pay you for a while, & we're not quite sure when', would you accept that?

Irrespective of what they earn, there is a standpoint here, & the administrations aren't their fault. These players could have well & truly stitched the club up by demanding all owed money up front, but they seem to have been very patient, & some will wait a long time to get it all back.

It's some stupid egomaniac who wants the glory of Premier League, spunks way too much money on overrated players, then does dodgy shit to get out of it, & then leaves it up to everyone, the club, the fans, the creditors, to wade through the mess.

I think some blame needs to be pointed at the Premier League themselves, the greed that has entered the game, & the way they check these rich folk out. Not enough diligence on their part, & the cowboys slip in through the cracks!

• Options
    Even by Portsmouth's standards, those figures beggar belief.
  • Options
    Where did they get the lump sum money in august 30th 2013

If they didn't come up with that dough could it happen again

This is why they shouldve gone bust and had to either vanish for good or start afresh with an afc pompey style club

The players are not to blame and are entitled to their money as are the poor bstds who trusted them as businesses

They should sell the ground and pay their debts and start again
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

Bloody hell was it redknapp who wanted Ben Haim that badly. That's a ridicoulous amount to pay a crap player

No Redknapp was gone by the time Pompey signed him. Think he had him on loan for QPR last season though
  • Options

Where did they get the lump sum money in august 30th 2013

If they didn't come up with that dough could it happen again

This is why they shouldve gone bust and had to either vanish for good or start afresh with an afc pompey style club

The players are not to blame and are entitled to their money as are the poor bstds who trusted them as businesses

They should sell the ground and pay their debts and start again

Boom. Right there.
    In pure football terms - the punishment for going into Administration (ie points) is nowhere near penal enough in my opinion.

My opinion would not change if wet were talking about CAFC rather than Portsmouth.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

I agree Portsmouth should have gone to the wall but I don't suppose many of the creditors were given the option to take their full pay so why the fuck should these players. In fact if I remember correctly it was something along the lines of one penny in the pound so why does that not stand for the players too

It's the bloody Football Credit rule, which has bizarrely been upheld in the courts on several occasions despite HMRC wanting it scrapped. Basically, players and agents get paid and everyone else gets screwed. Why any business or bank would ever do business with a football club is beyond me.

Yeah, sure I'll supply good or services to this unsustainable business that is running at a massive loss whilst paying exorbitant wages to extremely rich players. Yes, I'm happy to take 1% of the money I'm owed as long as the players still get paid.

It is totally beyond belief.

• Options
    The club is a debacle. Half of that list joined after administration and relegation from the premiership. They were buying people like Husseklep for over £1M when they were technically potless. I doubt that they could sustain the current squad in the league they're in, never mind with that massive debt hanging over them. Assume the tax man will get stiffed again.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Having looked on Wiki it seems our very own Paul Hart was the one that signed Talel Ben Haim.
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

Having looked on Wiki it seems our very own Paul Hart was the one that signed Talel Ben Haim.

just goes to show what a crap manager he is and why people saying he should replace Powell or give him a hand need their heads checked
  • Options

Nicholas said:

just goes to show what a crap manager he is and why people saying he should replace Powell or give him a hand need their heads checked
    I guess Mourinho must be crap too then.....