Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Dilemma

Comments

• Ian can do the 6am dump walks!!

Very excited to have him come and live us. Can't wait.
  • Curb_It said:

Ian can do the 6am dump walks!!

Surely you've houstrained him by now B?
  • Is that a new dance B ?
  • what a great heartwarming thread, I'm loving it (and I've been scared of dogs since I was knocked in the boating lake at Greenwich Park when I wasa toddler!)
  • Ian can show us the dump walk dance at the ska night in cons
  • I'm guessing you havent seen Ian dance!
  • Lynne, now has micky waiting by the front door when he wants a dump/pi55 he will also speak if he ignored for too long. He responds to bad behaviour with a raised voice by lowering his head (a bit like myself) and will if told in the same tone go to his bed.
    Micky just told Xena off for playing too rough, well she did jump on him!! But he's starting to play fight with her, which is great................ And Bailey just told the pair of them to feck off for waking him so they are both standing under the dining table watching him;)
  • what a great heartwarming thread, I'm loving it (and I've been scared of dogs since I was knocked in the boating lake at Greenwich Park when I wasa toddler!)

EA, Bailey is here if you want some help to put that right. No contact with him unless you want it, but I guarantee you'll be stroking him within an hour. Give me a shout.............

• I hope Micky and bailey and xena stay pals out of this I think they have done each other good tbh
  • Oh don't worry I'm sure they might bump into each other on that walk up the hill and back. But most likely in the pub! And hopefully ray can give us more lessons.
  • Sponsored links:

• Glad to hear that B he seems very happy in the pics and the way ray describes it I think xena and mick are good pals

• Micky just needs some guidelines and get your visitors to stick to them. Please dont let him on your furniture, that has been the hardest one to crack, he's only lifted into his crate at bedtime. He walks everywhere!! When you have visitors your hard graft can be undone in minutes.................
    He's only little is the normal one, when they have an old pair of jeans on, its dont worry about these old things, But the dog dont know the difference between them and a posh flock, so just dont allow it.
    As Darren saw, our dogs go outside until they calm down. Any sign of excitement is stopped or the dog is removed from the room. Probably the only things I ever used from the Ceasar Milan programmes, "no eye contact and no touching" doing either to an excited dog just endorses the behaviour.
    I hope Rob noticed on sunday, I ignored his dog on sunday as did Bailey. Even when I spoke to Rob I barely glanced in Polly's direction until I was ready. Polly lunged at Bailey a couple of times and he just walked away and ignores the bad manners, only once I think did Bailey have words and that was he was a bit slow on his toes, so he stood his ground. Had I started screamed hysterically (I can if need too) ;) both dogs would have taken that as excitement and I would have bet fortunes that a fight would have happened. As for the pub, thats called socializing your dog!! :)

• Who needs ceasar when you have dr raydolittle

Lol, you been talking to my boss?

• I might monday when i tell him i am nicking you to talk to the dogs for a programme on the discovery channel
  • Whats that all about?
    I just caught a programme about healing dogs, I'll see if I can teach Bailey how to cure a hangover. ;)

Think T.C.E should change his user name !

• T.C.E said:

Whats that all about?
    I just caught a programme about healing dogs, I'll see if I can teach Bailey how to cure a hangover. ;)

Hair of the human?

Think T.C.E should change his user name !

That was mentioned by Curb_it on saturday funnily enough, just wait until someone gets bitten by their own dog. I might not be so popular then. Although I get bitten by our dogs all the time, but thats down to the training I do with them, especially with Bailey. One misjudged or ill timed bite on a sleeve and it hurts, although he is good he does release when feels flesh! ;) Lol.

• T.C.E said:

Whats that all about?

Hair of the human?
    That could be difficult then ;(

• Sponsored links:

• edited January 2013
    I suggested The Dog Whisperer. Tho I like raydolittle.
  • T.C.E. Any thoughts ? We have a 4 year old Tibetan Terrier Bitch, very loving although quite stubborn. Adores kids and visitors, but when she encounters another dog on her walks she barks like mad, sounds and looks very aggressive, although she doesn't actually attack them. Would love a bit of sensible advice, me not her that is.
  • Ray, pleased to say the kids are very keen on the idea of a bit of pet therapy ! They are going to write to you about Bailey asking if they can meet him and some other questions about him. I will arrange to get their efforts to you. Maybe even see you on Saturday if you're at the game? If you send/ whisper me your details I'll discuss with you further.
    Cheers
    Jon
    ( sorry don't know how to do the private message thing I'm rarely allowed out alone too ;-) )
  • I will get back to both and you B as soon as l get home. Rubbish reception where Im working.;)
  • T.C.E said:

what a great heartwarming thread, I'm loving it (and I've been scared of dogs since I was knocked in the boating lake at Greenwich Park when I wasa toddler!)

EA, Bailey is here if you want some help to put that right. No contact with him unless you want it, but I guarantee you'll be stroking him within an hour. Give me a shout.............

may well take you up on that at some point as I seem to be transmitting my fears to my little girl and don't want that to happen.

cheers
  • change it to DOGGYSTYLE mate
  • change it to DOGGYSTYLE mate

Lol, bet you say that to all the boys. ;)

• Granpa said:

T.C.E. Any thoughts ? We have a 4 year old Tibetan Terrier Bitch, very loving although quite stubborn. Adores kids and visitors, but when she encounters another dog on her walks she barks like mad, sounds and looks very aggressive, although she doesn't actually attack them. Would love a bit of sensible advice, me not her that is.

Its a sort of "Hello, I'm over here" Xena does it!! She keeps me on my toes especially her with Micky. Its all about distraction..........You see the dog first, then a slight tug on the lead followed by "watch me". Not unlike Northstandsteve, do you carry a toy/treat of any discription? I'm not sure of the size of your dog, but with Xena and sometimes even Bailey (when cats and crows are about) I use my knee, if your dogs walking correctly it should connect with their shoulder (please not the ribs) you dont stick the knee in, you lean and push and send them off balance. This enough to distract them, give it a try.
  • TCE you should give up your day job and start a Charlton dog training school
  • 3blokes said:

Ray, pleased to say the kids are very keen on the idea of a bit of pet therapy ! They are going to write to you about Bailey asking if they can meet him and some other questions about him. I will arrange to get their efforts to you. Maybe even see you on Saturday if you're at the game? If you send/ whisper me your details I'll discuss with you further.
    Cheers
    Jon
    ( sorry don't know how to do the private message thing I'm rarely allowed out alone too ;-) )

Fantastic Jon,
    Just to let you know I am on leave from the 21st march through to Easter week, my idea is Bailey would be available to visit on friday the 22nd. Let me know asap, he has a very busy social life, unlike myself ;(
    I'll inbox my details over now and I will be in the Liberal club saturday