Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Dilemma

Comments

• You can tell this little fella has had no training folks and no matter what I think about my ability of training a dog there are things and opportunities that have been missed, I have no idea how to try to fix it

But I have been so impressed reading and watching T.C.E and the exploits of Bailey

I can not thank Ray enough for his kind offer and I am taking him up on it

Fanny this site throws out real acts of kindness so often and is why I love it on here and what makes it and those that use it unique

Watch out for some interesting photos of the dogs being exercise together at 53kgs Bailey has a distinct height and reach advantage.
    The thanks is appreciated.

• You're a top man Ray
  • T.C.E said:

I'll give you a more helpful (than there are no bad dogs) answer later, I'm just off to work. But if it only for two weeks, bring it here. We'll look after it for you, and teach it one or two house rules. Or at least Bailey will, I give you a shout later.

What a fantastic offer from T.C.E ! Making me all teary eyed....

We should have a thread dedicated to all Lifers who have gone out of their way for others .

We're all liable to moan & groan about the selfishness in our world - why not give some thanks to those who go that extra mile to make someone else's life a bit better ?

So you'll take my 4 year old daughter for a couple weeks whilst we go on holiday?
    If that question's to me, Dave, I'll do you a deal...

4 yr old daughter ( piece of cake!) for nearly 93 yr old Mum - partially sighted ,deaf as a post and wobbly on her feet....

Only kidding, mate !

• Thanks Ray from all of us. Hope you manage to calm Mickey down a bit as mum is really worried about her grandkids. 80% of the time he's great but the other times he's a handful good luck m8 and thanks again

• Get Derek Hales in - rumour has it he knows how to deal with annoying dogs.

• He has just really gone for my wife when she tried to dry his feet very aggressive and if he was not still on the lead would've got her

What do I do !!?

Make him dry his own feet ?
  • You can tell this little fella has had no training folks and no matter what I think about my ability of training a dog there are things and opportunities that have been missed, I have no idea how to try to fix it

But I have been so impressed reading and watching T.C.E and the exploits of Bailey

I can not thank Ray enough for his kind offer and I am taking him up on it

Fanny this site throws out real acts of kindness so often and is why I love it on here and what makes it and those that use it unique

I've just been reminded NLA, please bring the appropriate feeding/drinking bowls. As we'd hate to find Micky attempting Backstroke if he fell into Bailey water bowl. ;)

• Will do mate no probs
  • So update for all interested

Ray has taken Mickey for the 2 weeks rehabilitation programme

After meeting Bailey and xena I can officially say they are the 2 most obedient dogs I have ever seen and two of the most adorable animals

Bailey is a huge dog but so great I can't believe it

Me and the mrs and my son spoke nothing else but how much we would love to be able to do what Ray and his good lady have done with the dogs

Mickey will soon learn he is a dog again and hopefully this will enable me ans my mum to make a good decision for mickeys long term homing as it is clear his owner will not be able to look after him

I hope to god he don't bite anyone ray

And I do have a soft spot for him and hope bailey or xena don't get peckish tonight

Once again thank you so much

Darren
  • edited January 2013
    No problems, Mickeys been out for a walk with Bailey it started to rain he used Bailey as a Brolly. Here's a photo, early days yet but it's progress. ;)

• Sponsored links:

• Ah he's sweet! Good luck with him and his training.
  • Now how can you touch his feet and yet when we did I had to check fingers after to see if they were all there

I need a bailey

Look at him butter wouldn't melt
  • He's a great boy, just got to go back to basics with him. I'm afraid they are not referred to as lap dogs for no reason. His recall is good, he followed Bailey along nicely while off the lead. Bailey does what Bailey does best, ignore unless the pi55 is taken. Xena thinks she has another dog to boss about until Bailey told her to leave him alone. I'm sure he'll be fine.
  • Now how can you touch his feet and yet when we did I had to check fingers after to see if they were all there

He could smell your fear!
  • Everyone needs a bailey

Do u know what off it your prob right once bitten twice shy

You can't really be scared of Mickey because he is only a yorkie but if you know it's coming I spose your whole body language changes
  • The trouble with Micky is he needs to relax a bit more...... Lolimage
  • Aw, bless him !

You're a diamond geezer, T.C.E !
  • That's actually a picture of nla looking to get his tummy tickled!
  • Lol the little fecka

You said like a child and like a child he is making a liar of me
  • edited January 2013
    T.C.E said:

He's a great boy, just got to go back to basics with him.

Chris Powell tactics are the pooches plums.

;o)
  • Sponsored links:

• Micky's diary, 06.00 walk with Xena!!
    We both left the front garden like the Red Arrows, but soon settled down (so did Xena) It didnt me long to realise that if you dont walk straight there's a big dog one side and an even bigger of size nines the other . A few lead manner and thats was solved, back home all dried including the feet. (all digits accounted for) The next obsticle outside kennels for a few hours while they go to work.
  • Well done Ray: Give Bailey ahug from Buster.
    ;-)
  • Off_it said:

That's actually a picture of nla looking to get his tummy tickled!

Nah, too well endowed
  • Lol mehmet.
  • Early contender for thread of the year IMHO.
  • Balls are right size in comparison fine set of knackers For his size
  • edited January 2013
    He fecking hates outside kennels!!! one of my neighbours thought one of my dogs had injured theirself due to a high pitched yapping coming from there. He's definately a ladys dog, although as you said being entire (still has his nuts) he may fancy his chances at bossing the ladies about be they human or canine (Does he boss Mum, D?)
    Also.
    Has he even bitten you or anybody else come to that or is it just your good Lady?
    (for the record, no bites this end. Yet!!)

Xena gave him a b*ll*cking this morning, Bailey goes into the kennels first followed by Xena, Micky didnt know that, well he does now!!! One of those looks that reduces a man to shivering wreck and Micky decided it wasn't worth the risk. Thats the hirachy sorted out! :)

Pedigree Chum!!
    Has he always been fed that?
    Its far to rich for Pedigree Dogs, despite what they say on the telly or on the tin. We have form a guard around Micky while he's eating in case he leaves some, if Bailey touched that gear he'd be going off like a garden sprinkler. ;(
  • edited January 2013
    Hi ray he's alway had pedigree chum that's what Bridie his owner has always given him. he's bitten bridie and went for mum tried going for me but didn't break the skin i was to quick. only time he tried to bite us was at night when we tried to get him off the sofa mum had let him on hope this helps

Darren brother ed
  • Hi, Eddie.

Hard to say it mate, but this little fella is taking the pi55 out of you all and worse still is allowed to get away it.
    He knows the rules in this house, the floor is for dogs.... He doesn't even try to get the furniture here, because we stopped as soon as he came through the door D & M were still here.
    Once he's allowed up there he gets comfortable, you want your sofa back he bites you, so you let him stay there. Who's the boss?
    This two week break will get him out of the habit, when he comes back you have to endorse the "no furniture rule" straight away. Not its ok
    when I dont need the chair, he doesn't understand you want to watch the football. He thinks its his chair, he'll be educated but its what happens when he gets home. The children want to cuddle the dog, then they get on the floor.......Never pick the dog up to your lap, thats just the start.
    Next thing you know he's back on the sofa.
    As far as the feet, we've not had a problem (thats not to say we wont)
    But Lynne is constantly touching his feet as am I, they are wiped everytime he comes in the house to get him used to it. We've checked his feet (no problem with cut pads or sore nails giving him grief) so it must just be something he does't enjoy, so we'll persist with that until gets used to it.