Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Watford v Charlton Athletic 2013 post-match views

Comments

• Options
    I honestly can't believe someone posted that shit on the watford forum.

They are the biggest bunch of clowns I have ever witnessed. Players diving into challanges, rolling about on the floor, I honestly hate the whole of watford football with a passion. Special mention to their fans (well if you'd like to call them that) complete 90 minute silence from them exept when they scored and even then it was pathetic.

Special mention goes to the watford mascot as well who realised that watfords support was shit. Grabbed himself a drum and started drumming behind the goal with no response at all.

Joke club
  • Options
    Listened to the game on radio 5. Lovely to hear the commentators saying we're bossing the midfield.
  • Options
    Funny thing was the 3 roughest challenges today all came from their players. Neuton in particular was a dirty so and so. Forrestieri is a wannabe Maradona, and the number 16 was on the deck for half the game.
  • Options
    I would like to say that Ben Shave, who works for the Football trusts, and has helped us a lot getting our Supporters trust going, is a Watford fan and clearly a good guy.
    Bit of balance like.
  • Options
    They are a poxy club in all truth
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    In pub in Watford fooking buzzing
  • Options
    Someone nicked their stand n all
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Funny thing was the 3 roughest challenges today all came from their players. Neuton in particular was a dirty so and so. Forrestieri is a wannabe Maradona, and the number 16 was on the deck for half the game.

Did we lose two players from watford reckless tackles?
  • Options
    Always think of Watford a bit like Palace. No mark clubs that hardly deserve to have a football team.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Amazing game - watched it from the Rous Stand for a better perspective.

In truth we nearly blew it during a ten minute spell early in the second half when they carved us open several times, but defeat would have been harsh on the all round display and the win was an unexpected bonus.

Fuller was exceptional holding the line. Hamer at fault for first goal but otherwise faultless. Solly and Wilson combined well first half.. Pritchard's energy is amazing. Jackson and Stephens were solid albeit unspectacular. Dervite/Cort were dodgy and got out of jail to be honest.

Watford have some fine individual players but our superior spirit won the day.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What happened to Wilson's nose?
  • Options
    Chunes said:

What happened to Wilson's nose?

Woody Allen threw it under a steam roller.
  • Options
    Same as AFKA - loved listening to our lot not returning ball, final whistle - YEEESS
  • Options
    Good to hear from those who were there about their diving - wasn't covered by the BBCL London chit-chat.
  • Options
    What was the formation?
  • Options
    That Forestieri fella is a proper arsehole. That handball was a disgrace.

Great game. I woke up this morning not hungover but could barely drag myself out of bed coughing, shivering etc but very relieved I did cos would have been gutted to miss that.

The midfield were superb, good to see a good performance from Jacko, Pritchard excellent again but he really needs to spend an entire week doing shooting practice! Could've been another couple of costly misses from him today, but fortunately this time they werent!

Hamer also made a couple of great saves again and Solly was class as ever.

Fuller looked a bit unfit in the first half but his work for the 3rd goal was out of this world.

We should have won that more comfortably but just relieved to get the 3 points. Great performance from the boys. Now lets have a cup run.
  • Options
    Fantastic result!!! Quite typical of Charlton to pull out a surprise like that from time to time. Great win and such a good feeling. Thanks lads!!
  • Options
    On the train back, fantastic performance and atmosphere. As said already, captain performance from JJ, Ricardo conjures the third, everybody working their socks off, including Stephens. Udinese a bunch of diving cheating bastards. I'd be ashamed to support such a team. The idea that we kicked them off the park beggars belief. Agree that Hamer was at fault for the first but otherwise very good. The best thing overall for me was that when they went behind- twice- heads never dropped and they stuck to the game plan.

And then there is the brilliant feeling of standing up behind the goal as the third and fourth go in. You are never too old for an experience like that.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

What was the formation?

442 throughout, I would say
  • Options

Scoham said:

What was the formation?

442 throughout, I would say
    Except when Kermogant moved to central defence in the last five minutes!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

That Forestieri fella is a proper arsehole. That handball was a disgrace.

Jackson's wasn't much better.....not sure why preventing a goal is a red card but trying to con the ref to score one isn't.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    On CAFC twitter (with picture credit to @KGtopsnapper):

• Options

On CAFC twitter:

Love it
  • Options
    Just got in, took my lad to his first away game, had to tell him they're not all like that. Jackson celebrating right in front of us was brilliant. Watford looked sharp when they got in behind us but what a cheating bunch they are. Great win though and thought Jackson lead by example. Evina looks like he has a lot of potential.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Just got home.

That Watford fan must have had a face full of shit for xmas, cannot believe he can accuse us of dirty tactics. Some Watford players are an embarrassment for men everywhere, complete tarts.

Anyway, we were superb. The players must be aching cos they put in a huge shift.

Really pleased for Evina who had a good game. Stephens looks so much better when he's asked to put in workrate rather than be a 'playmaker'.

Fuller found his touch today. Wilson worked his socks off.

Pritchard is so box to box that when he gets a chance he wastes it cos he's not settled (if that makes sense). Another good performance from him.

Pleased for Jackson and Kerm.

Solly was absolute different class again!

Brilliant day all in all. Our fans were excellent, good noise and atmosphere in our end.
  • Options
    Great 3 points
  • Options
    Just in from the game, a great away day and cacking support throughout. The quietest home support I can remember in what marks a brilliant start to my 31st year following the addicks!

We looked very composed in midfield and dangerous coming forward, hard to pick out someone who had a bad game in Red. Watford do play some lovely football but their antics are apalling. Neuton or whoever he is at No5 twice fell sparked out twice and embarrased himself, the mock handsbehind his back when being spoken to by the ref added to my anger and I wish him nothing but abject failure in his professional life. Forresttierre or whoever he is is more complex, a truly gifted player who scared me every time he had the ball today but undermined it all by rolling around and whinging throughout. A Watford fan in his 70's said "your lot are a bit physical" I reminded him of some of the football he had seen over the years and he shrugged "fair enough I dont like em much either" . On a Watford positive the stewerding positive and fair, offering sit daaanners new seats and not being overly officious to the RD gathering bottom right who made their presence felt, well done to them. And shout out to the Hornet Mascot who busted some moves in front of us and turned abuse into a round of applause, if only the Rookery End had shown as much "joie de vivre"

Centre backs stood firm again and Evina played exceptionally well I thought. Onwards and upwards then Happy New Year everyone
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    More Watford reaction:

"As for Charlton, they played like a Warnock side. Lots of deliberate niggling and fouling. Horrible to lose to a side like that."

"I don't think it was even a pen though, looked a bit of a dive, and the second one you're talking about, it looked like Forestieri went looking for it when he could easily have nipped in front and had the opportunity to be clipped? Not sure, seen them given as it happened though."

"Jackson's disallowed goal wasn't handball."

"Charlton spent 90 minutes lumping it at Fuller's head and kicking our players off the ball, we were crying out for someone like Eustace, Nos or Fitz in there."

"Full credit to Charlton, they seemed to spot the sloppiness in the team and exploited it to full effect. Good on them. This game could and probably should have been ours for the taking, but due to the over-confident mindset of the team, we came away with nothing. Once again, we came away with nothing."

"Forestieri has an incredible arrogance about him that I despise."

"Very frustrating result. In a way I can accept/appreciate a loss to, say, Hull (who came to us v.organised and set up to win) but not to Charlton, who were scummy cack."
  • Options
    typical no football league show tonight