Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Watford v Charlton Athletic 2013 post-match views

Comments

• Options
    @Callumcafc What you mean, we're unbeaten all year!!!
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Needed all my big balls for the final points of that game

That's for you captain son
  • Options
    my pendulum has swung back to play offs and catching smallwall. Hoping for a quality winger and CM in window and a good cup run.
  • Options
    Astonishing win. Anyone who thinks Sir Chris Powell is not the right man is a numbty. A numbty sir !
  • Options
    Fantastic win, which i can't say i expected especially to come back from 3-2 down. Away form continues to keep us out of trouble, lets hope we can start picking up a few more points at the Valley
  • Options
    Of course he is the right man - had tactics spot on today - Watford only play if you let them - they don't like it up 'em.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    LoOkOuT said:

@Callumcafc What you mean, we're unbeaten all year!!!

We're the next Huddersfield!

Just told my girlfriend that I'll jump and down and wave my undies in the air if we win this. Then JJ scores.

Oops. A man of my word nonetheless...
  • Options

Fell asleep at 2-1 HT, and woke up just as the five mins of ET was announced.

Ellliiiottt!

Great start to the year, chuffed!
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Nice to see Jackson and kermorgant showing they still have a lot to offer. Having a natural left back who can offer width, allowing Jackson to drift inside makes a massive difference to our team IMO
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I have had an awful couple of days, just woke up to this news - cheered me up no end - thanks CAFC!!
  • Options

my pendulum has swung back

I got pretty excited too.
  • Options
    Waiting for the train at watford high street, cracking game and great atmosphere from us. They're fans were quieter than Fulham, which is pretty impressive imo.

Jackson was great today, showed why he is our captain.

Tom Daley's Select XI were dangerous all game, but my god are they a bunch of turf sniffers, absolutely shocking behaviour
  • Options
    have to be happy with that result.
  • Options
    Massive praise due to Chris Powell.
    Watford were flying and have some class players at this level.
    Sound like he set up the team perfectly.
    And no passenger loan signings.
    Better hope nobody comes in with a big offer for Pritchard.
    Sounds like he had a blinder.
    Big up for all that traveled today.
  • Options
    As things stand, we have a 10 point buffer between us and bottom 3. Will be happy if we finish the season in that position...............
  • Options
    I went to bed at 6 this morning and woke up thinking I couldn't be bothered to go. God, I'm glad I did. Nice one for @ValleyGary driving.

We looked good, pressured them all over the pitch despite their ridiculous theatrics all game. Kermo as a defensive midfielder for 15 minutes was great!
  • Options
    The way to play turf sniffers is to make them sniff it for real. Team of cheats being beaten is good news for football.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I reckon if we didn't have Powell this group would be in the bottom three.
    But we have, so happy days!
    Watford fans claiming we kicked them off the park....hmmm.
  • Options
    Utter class from Fuller for our third. Great performance all round, made all the better by Watford's cynicism today and the game in October.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2013
    unbelieveable Jeff

what a game and result , first time i've listened on the radio for ages and it was a proper ding dong battle

still can't believe it, didn't see that coming in a month of sundays

i'm sure all the he fooked up not substituting him and not making substitutions at the right time etc etc brigade will be on to say SCP nailed it

great for Kermo and Jacko to be amongst the goals

buzzing my cock off

0% top two ........ 5% top 6 (come on) ....... 30% 7th-12th ........60% 13th-21st..... 5% relegation
  • Options
    3 goals disallowed so would like to know how the Charlton faithful rated the ref performance.
  • Options
    An absolutely massive win in light of recent results. Another rollercoaster ride, with loads of goals with us comming from behind to win. The last one against Cardiff kick-started an excellent unbeaten run so lets hope for more of the same on the back of this result. Great start to 2013.
  • Options
    Sounded like the 3 in the centre of midfield (Stephens, JJ and Pritch) had a stormer...Wilson to deserves some credit, the midfield have had their critics (me included) but they were excellent today.
  • Options
    Watford forum:

"Chris Powell hang you head in shame. Your tactics were obvious kick the **** out of them and see if we get away with it. And to think you used to wear the shirt."

"Terrible to lose to a rabble like Charlton. Lord knows they were terrified of the prospect of facing what they saw at the Amex. They must be counting their lucky stars. Brighton fans probably cannot believe it either and no doubt many who lumped on us to win today."
  • Options
    So 1-0 Watford
    1-1
    1-2 soon after
    2-2
    3-2 Watford
    3-3
    3-4

wow
  • Options
    Special mention for Cedric Evina - great work for the second goal. He's waited a long time for a chance and showed what he can do today.
  • Options
    Boo hoo, poor Watford. The nasty men were too rough.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Real jason_ euell ‏@jasoneuell
    Yessssssss! Great start to the NY. Kept on going to get them points.. #COYR #CAFC

Cedric Evina ‏@ceddyevina
    GET IN!!! GREAT GAME! WHAT A WAY TO START THE YEAR!!! #CAFC

Ben Hamer ‏@BenHamer21
    Pride in battle! @lawrie_wilson will have to settle for being 2nd best lookin for couple weeks!
  • Options
    Poor old Watford, get yerself some johnnie foreigners who can stay on their own two feet for more than 5 minutes then !