Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

It's snowing ! (Feb 2022 Page 77)

Comments

• Options

Minus 13 in Warsaw.
    Slight chilling breeze.
    No snow.

The saying “Cold enough to freeze the balls of a brass monkey,” is yet another one passed on from the Royal Navy......as so many are.
    On board a ship a monkey is found on the gun deck, it’s a four sided pyramid shaped tower (varying in size), and made of solid brass.
    Perched on top are the cannon balls in readiness for the next engagement.
    Er...sadly, another urban myth I believe.
    Brass doesn't contract enough to make the balls fall off their holder.
    The said holder was never referred to as a monkey.
    Yeah - but other than that?
  • Options
    Riviera said:

It snowed in the north but not in the south.....of my garden! Weird.

Is that the Rochdale pitch from when they beat Millwall?
  • Options

Snowing and settling in West Kingsdown. Just stocked up on potatoes and bog roll. Very unlikely to make it to the quiz tonight.

Who will answer the questions on hens? Seriously, sorry you won't be able to make it.
  • Options
    I have a feeling I may be 'working from home' tomorrow.
  • Options
    Just had a fairly heavy flurry here in Bedfordshire for 40mins or so, without properly settling. Now bright and sunny again!
  • Options
    Still nothing in Dartford (where I work)

Photo from a mate in West Malling earlier implies the journey home will be entertaining tonight. News outlets advising everyone to get home for 6pm before the "travel chaos".

This country really is shit for this type of thing isn't it! I was in Lapland over Christmas and it was minus20 most days and do you know what.....everything worked just fine. Cars, coaches and shops all just fine.

• Options
    Drove to Torquay this morning. Some snow showers as far as about M3 but then a lovely mostly sunny journey.
  • Options
    Amber warning over most of the south east for tomorrow now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

It's arrived in Horsham

it left as quick as it started - total of maybe 15 minutes... Frickin waste of time.
  • Options

Drove to Torquay this morning. Some snow showers as far as about M3 but then a lovely mostly sunny journey.

But you won't be coming back until April :smile:
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Still nothing in Dartford (where I work)

Photo from a mate in West Malling earlier implies the journey home will be entertaining tonight. News outlets advising everyone to get home for 6pm before the "travel chaos".

This country really is shit for this type of thing isn't it! I was in Lapland over Christmas and it was minus20 most days and do you know what.....everything worked just fine. Cars, coaches and shops all just fine.

Lapland might be a little bit more geared up for snow than us
  • Options

Blue sky all the way here in The Maldives. Room service are struggling to get ice buckets out to our villas before it starts to melt so having to rely on the mini bar to keep the wine chilled. :smiley:

Any sign of snow?
  • Options

Snowing and settling in West Kingsdown. Just stocked up on potatoes and bog roll. Very unlikely to make it to the quiz tonight.

I'm just down the hill in Borough Green & it has already started to melt. Looking at the BBC forecast we might get a bit more tomorrow (more in London I reckon) but the predicted Armageddon looks as likely as a Charlton win. Wednesday it looks like Yorkshire & the NE will cop it more than anyone.
    For some reason the BBC and Met Office weather apps differ quite considerably. I've been going on the Met Office one.
  • Options
    You mean to tell me I made an emergency Milk and Bread run for nothing?!!! WTF
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I'm just down the hill in Borough Green & it has already started to melt. Looking at the BBC forecast we might get a bit more tomorrow (more in London I reckon) but the predicted Armageddon looks as likely as a Charlton win. Wednesday it looks like Yorkshire & the NE will cop it more than anyone.
    For some reason the BBC and Met Office weather apps differ quite considerably. I've been going on the Met Office one.
    Didn't the BBC stop using the met as they were not accurate enough? Or did I dream it. I do have some odd dreams sometimes.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Vinnie V. said:

Didn't the BBC stop using the met as they were not accurate enough? Or did I dream it. I do have some odd dreams sometimes.
    I think it was a money issue.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/media/bbc-weather-news-met-office-meteogroup-replacement-after-94-years-forecasts-a7195576.html

The new firm weren't ready on time though and they had to stick with the Met until earlier this month.
  • Options
    Coming down hard (not for the first time today admittedly) in Maidstone now.
  • Options

Coming down hard (not for the first time today admittedly) in Maidstone now.

@DaveMehmet anything to add?
  • Options
    I know, that’s the equivalent of a Paul Scholes through ball - I’ve put it on a plate for him!
  • Options
    Fair bit settling in Southend with worse to come at 2am.
  • Options

imageBlizzard passing by the centre of London at around 1pm

I'm trying to work this out. Are you standing on the top of the O2 ?
  • Options

imageBlizzard passing by the centre of London at around 1pm

I'm trying to work this out. Are you standing on the top of the O2 ?
    Roof of the Covered end?