Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

It's snowing ! (Feb 2022 Page 77)

Comments

• Mashing down in Bromley.......it’s the start of the apocalypse I tells ya.

Is that serious?

I need to decide whether to chance the drive to Bromley from Rainham in Kent.

It's been snowing 15-30 minutes here and there is already a dusting on cars and side roads.

I used to battle to work somehow whatever the weather but tended to be be regarded as a mug.

In my sixties I think they might be right. See stress thread. Should Ijust cut my losses rather than worry about it?

Last year when it snowed it took me 4 hours to get home. I don't want anymore of that.
  • LenGlover said:

Mashing down in Bromley.......it’s the start of the apocalypse I tells ya.

Is that serious?

It's been snowing 15-30 minutes here and there is already a dusting on cars and side roads.

I used to battle to work somehow whatever the weather but tended to be be regarded as a mug.

In my sixties I think they might be right. See stress thread. Should Ijust cut my losses rather than worry about it?

Last year when it snowed it took me 4 hours to get home. I don't want anymore of that.
    Started to slow up a bit in my part of bromley
  • Can I say this before anyone else does.
    Lee is expecting 6 inches this evening.
  • Swirling round Canary Wharf at the moment. And so is the snow!!
  • Few flakes dancing in the North Yorkshire air, nothing of concern just yet. Bloody cold mind.
  • Anyone know how the M25 is? My daughter has had to drive to Merton this morning.

She left home well before 7 but I told her it would probably take 2 hours even leaving then.

In my experience it starts stacking up at Clackets around 6:am. The snow will only make that worse!
  • clb74 said:

Snow flakes in Charlton.

Theres quite a few on here as well
    It's quite a dusting now!
  • LenGlover said:

Mashing down in Bromley.......it’s the start of the apocalypse I tells ya.

Is that serious?

Stay at home Len, make yourself a nice warm drink and watch a bit of tv, and occasionally look out the window at the snow falling. Sometimes you just have to leave it. :+1:
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2018
    Decided to pull rank at work - I’m nabbing the 4x4 pool car for the week

I know there will be several who “can’t get in” at the first sign of s snowflake so I could offer people s lift too
  • Christmas card snow in Greenwich, just starting to settle.
  • Snow easing in downtown Bexley, and a beautiful blue sky appearing.
  • Can’t see the floor but it’s settling on roofs at tower bridge

Naively hoping the office will get closed
  • Snowing for a while in Eynsford, huge flakes at the moment! Still only a light covering on the ground and blue sky inbetween flurries.
  • clb74 said:

Snow flakes in Charlton.

Theres quite a few on here as well
    It's quite a dusting now!
    Sun out now!
  • work already said work from home tomorrow and cancel all meetings planned for this week.

• Swisdom said:

Decided to pull rank at work - I’m nabbing the 4x4 pool car for the week

I know there will be several who “can’t get in” at the first sign of s snowflake so I could offer people s lift too

What good is a 4x4 if you can't get passed the abandoned 2wd cars?
  • Blue skies and so few flakes that you could count them here on Sussex/Kent border.
  • Sponsored links:

• People who are saying it won't settle on Twitter etc. it's going to snow most of the week, I reckon some of it might settle by then!
  • 17 flakes have fallen up t’north London...Road gritters are still on their long winter holidays and not expected back until the snow has gone or when it warms up a bit.
  • Blue skies and so few flakes that you could count them here on Sussex/Kent border.

Same on the Sussex/Surrey border.

Beautiful day for the dog walk this morning.
  • LenGlover said:

Anyone know how the M25 is? My daughter has had to drive to Merton this morning.

She left home well before 7 but I told her it would probably take 2 hours even leaving then.

In my experience it starts stacking up at Clackets around 6:am. The snow will only make that worse!

She texted me to say she'd arrived 2 hours after she left so my estimate was spot on.

Hope the return leg is ok
  • edited February 2018
    Belting it down in Maidstone at the moment.
  • Overnight dusting of snow and snow flurries now here in Dereham Norfolk.