Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

It's snowing ! (Feb 2022 Page 77)

Comments

• This is a good way to waste your day - http://uksnowmap.com/
  • Snow had better not disrupt London this week, as my prediction for the takeover is this Wednesday 28th
  • Dry and sunny in Cheshire
  • My mum's off to Asda for the 3rd time in 2 days.

Hurrah!
  • Solidgone said:

My mum's off to Asda for the 3rd time in 2 days.

Hurrah!
    Gotta make sure you don't run out of bread and milk.
  • Dry and sunny in Cheshire

Now snowing in Cheshire!!
  • bobmunro said:

Dry and sunny in Cheshire

Cheers @bobmunro really looking forward to flying back to that from sunnier climes this afternoon :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• RedChaser said:

bobmunro said:

Dry and sunny in Cheshire

Cheers @bobmunro really looking forward to flying back to that from sunnier climes this afternoon :wink:
    Now blue sky in Cheshire.

Wish it would make its fecking mind up - either way I'm not moving from the warmth of my study today (working from home - cough!).
  • Light snow down here ATM.....though it seems to be getting heavier.
  • Light snow down here ATM.....though it seems to be getting heavier.

About to drive down to Brighton. Hopefully, it stays east of Brighton.
  • A bit on and off in Eastbourne, nowhere near enough to settle.

Could be on your way....really coming down now.
  • When Stephen King wrote "The Dome " ( not one of his best IMO) he must have modelled the story on Wadhurst.

Every time that panic sets in around Lifer Land as a few snow flakes alight on pavements around the country, I post that NOTHING is happening here !

In the 2+ years since we escaped to the country, my snow boots, ski jacket & salopettes remain unused & unloved.....

In fact, it is indeed hot pants weather here this morning with almost cloudless blue skies and bright sunshine !

( But will be stocking the car with spade, blankets, thermos flasks , enough provisions for at least 2 days in readiness for our trek to the icy wastelands of Bexleyheath for tonight's quiz)
  • Nice and sunny in North London now, after the earlier light snow

And it's settling.
  • Snowing and settling in West Kingsdown. Just stocked up on potatoes and bog roll. Very unlikely to make it to the quiz tonight.
  • Sponsored links:

• Snowing and settling in West Kingsdown. Just stocked up on potatoes and bog roll. Very unlikely to make it to the quiz tonight.

You've got potatoes and bog roll, what else do you need for an entertaining evening!
    I made a curry on Saturday and it's had a lasting effect on Mr Tatters. He's been using annoyingly huge amounts of bog roll so was forced to go out. Now we can have egg and chips all week.

I'm just down the hill in Borough Green & it has already started to melt. Looking at the BBC forecast we might get a bit more tomorrow (more in London I reckon) but the predicted Armageddon looks as likely as a Charlton win. Wednesday it looks like Yorkshire & the NE will cop it more than anyone.

You've got potatoes and bog roll, what else do you need for an entertaining evening!
    I made a curry on Saturday and it's had a lasting effect on Mr Tatters. He's been using annoyingly huge amounts of bog roll so was forced to go out. Now we can have egg and chips all week.
    Stuff a potato up his jacksie.
  • It's arrived in Horsham
  • Coming down quite heavy now in Charlton.
  • edited February 2018

Minus 13 in Warsaw.
    Slight chilling breeze.
    No snow.

The saying “Cold enough to freeze the balls of a brass monkey,” is yet another one passed on from the Royal Navy......as so many are.
    On board a ship a monkey is found on the gun deck, it’s a four sided pyramid shaped tower (varying in size), and made of solid brass.
    Perched on top are the cannon balls in readiness for the next engagement.

And it's settling.
    Still the same here, sunshine now.
  • edited February 2018

Minus 13 in Warsaw.
    Slight chilling breeze.
    No snow.

The saying “Cold enough to freeze the balls of a brass monkey,” is yet another one passed on from the Royal Navy......as so many are.
    On board a ship a monkey is found on the gun deck, it’s a four sided pyramid shaped tower (varying in size), and made of solid brass.
    Perched on top are the cannon balls in readiness for the next engagement.
    Er...sadly, another urban myth I believe.
    Brass doesn't contract enough to make the balls fall off their holder.
    The said holder was never referred to as a monkey.