Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

A Koc & bull story?

Comments

• Options
    k
    tom- k said:

We were all doomed a few months back and now we are the new Man City- never a dull moment at Charlton

why i'm taking everything with a pinch of salt. If these "deal goes through" I personally believe we wont be spending millions, but we'll still be making wise investments in playing staff and non playing staff like the current owner's first summer.

No inside knowledge, just my opinion.
  • Options

k

tom- k said:

We were all doomed a few months back and now we are the new Man City- never a dull moment at Charlton

why i'm taking everything with a pinch of salt. If these "deal goes through" I personally believe we wont be spending millions, but we'll still be making wise investments in playing staff and non playing staff like the current owner's first summer.

No inside knowledge, just my opinion.
    I think you will be right but no harm in a little day dreaming of us putting in a bid for D Bent to return in January.
  • Options

Just heard that Santa is real.

You've ruined my Christmas now! :-0
  • Options
    tom- k said:

Couldn't think of a worse scenario for our club...to be the new Man City.

• Options
    What about the new Rangers/Portsmouth
  • Options

What about the new Rangers/Portsmouth

Yep...both a damn sight worse, before & after their current plights!!
  • Options
    Elliot as chairman Right some news on this rumour for you.

FORGET IT, it isn't going to happen .

• Options
    Bcaddick said:

tom- k said:

would rather be the new man city than the new chelsea, have a billionaire owner that writes off hundreds of millions of debt and could potentially walk away at any time
  • Options
    I really wish people could learn some grammar so that I could understand a potentially vital post.
  • Options
    Bcaddick said:

tom- k said:

Why not, Man City are a show of what can go right with a mega rich owner, bulding a strong future where there an established big side, thinking of the future whilst not losing the soul and history even if it involves big spending for now on the playing staff.

There just playing catch up to clubs like Utd who screwed over everyone years ago so that nobody moans at there spending.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Last thing you want is an Abramovich type spender. Someone who assembles a team like a 7-year old on Football Manager and then constantly interferes with the football side of the business (as opposed to the business side).

If someone puts a lot of money forward they generally have an ADHD attention span, demand results and throw toys when they do not materialise. Such an owner ain't what Charlton needs.
  • Options
    Yes, can think of few things worse than consistently playing in the champions league.
  • Options

I don't know how long I can keep this up..
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    From my experience - things that have no truth in them are usually denied. I would have expected aspects of this thread to be denied by now! But there are a whole lot of degrees between a speculative interest or a full on interest and we'll just have to wait and see what happens. And make some poor jokes on this threads in the meantime to keep it going. keep it going - I suspect I have set somebody up for another!!!!!
  • Options
    NZAddick said:

Last thing you want is an Abramovich type spender. Someone who assembles a team like a 7-year old on Football Manager and then constantly interferes with the football side of the business (as opposed to the business side).

If someone puts a lot of money forward they generally have an ADHD attention span, demand results and throw toys when they do not materialise. Such an owner ain't what Charlton needs.

Lucky for us then for every Chelsea like mega rich owner there is what Man City have which is truly the best of both worlds, im not saying mega rich owners are a complete good thing but i hate this attitude of "scary rich foreigners" that some have.
  • Options
    Was at the valley this afternoon (2.45) and there was a couple of very expensive BMW's being driven by middle eastern looking men turning into the car park as I left

Could be just collecting new season tickets
  • Options
    DPFC said:

Was at the valley this afternoon (2.45) and there was a couple of very expensive BMW's being driven by middle eastern looking men turning into the car park as I left

Afternoon prayers at the mosque?
  • Options
    DPFC said:

DPFC said:

Salim Kerkar and his dad.

• Options

Bcaddick said:

tom- k said:

would rather be the new man city than the new chelsea, have a billionaire owner that writes off hundreds of millions of debt and could potentially walk away at any time
    I, like most other footy fans (I suspect) have zero respect for Man City and their achievements (same with Chelsea TBH) because of the way they bought such achievements. I have zero respect for the FA and other global footy associations for allowing such an unfair environment to dominate the game when I believe it would be so easy to cap spending to give all clubs a chance to succeed. If we were to be the new Man City which will not happen, but saying it does, I would jump on and enjoy the ride because Charlton is my blood. However, given the choice of mega billions and all the crap that goes with it or succeeding in an honest environment along with famous teams like Portsmouth (who may go out of existance), I'd take the second scenario any day of the week.
  • Options
    Bcaddick said:

Bcaddick said:

tom- k said:

I, like most other footy fans (I suspect) have zero respect for Man City and their achievements (same with Chelsea TBH) because of the way they bought such achievements. I have zero respect for the FA and other global footy associations for allowing such an unfair environment to dominate the game when I believe it would be so easy to cap spending to give all clubs a chance to succeed. If we were to be the new Man City which will not happen, but saying it does, I would jump on and enjoy the ride because Charlton is my blood. However, given the choice of mega billions and all the crap that goes with it or succeeding in an honest environment along with famous teams like Portsmouth (who may go out of existance), I'd take the second scenario any day of the week.
    every club buys success to a point, see erooney/RVP v mega rich City at the weekend
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bcaddick said:

However, given the choice of mega billions and all the crap that goes with it or succeeding in an honest environment along with famous teams like Portsmouth (who may go out of existance), I'd take the second scenario any day of the week.

I know what you're trying saying but I'd suggest that Pompey's many, many creditors would view their actions as something other than honest. Effectively they were living way, way beyond their means with little regard for the consequences wheareas others, like ourselves, were trying to take a more sensible approach and yet still be expected to compete against them.

• Options
    Every single club in the history of football has bought success it is very shallow and lacking in facts to only moan about Man City/Chelsea in recent times, for starters if you want to blame any clubs for what those 2 have done then it should be UTD/Arsenal/Liverpool who with the other major european teams made a system that gave them financial dominance, its a real shame so many football fans are ignorant to that fact when they moan about the 2 newer mega rich clubs.

• Options
    Bcaddick said:

Bcaddick said:

tom- k said:

Portsmouth, honest? Clearly cheated to win the FA Cup paying ridiculous wages that they couldn't afford!!
  • Options
    Im thinking we should give back our League 1 trophy as we must of offered some players more money then other clubs could afford and we know we were losing money in that league so we couldnt afford those players wages, so in the spirit of fair play we should give it to whatever club finished highest who lived within there means last season, as i think we might have cheated.

• Options
    Buying the league. Because Cristiano Ronaldo grew up in a bedsit in Salford didn't he. As long as you buy a player and then win the league you have bought the league.
  • Options
    You can't win .... People complain that the league is being won by the same old clubs making it boring as a spectacle, how realistically can you effect the top two without significant investment?
  • Options
    THEMCA said:

Bcaddick said:

Bcaddick said:

tom- k said:

Portsmouth, honest? Clearly cheated to win the FA Cup paying ridiculous wages that they couldn't afford!!
    Precisely my point...teams should not be allowed to pay endless amounts of money in the first place.

• Options
    It seems there is interest from three different people in Charlton fc.I hope TJ does the right deal.
  • Options
    Reamsofverse on Into The Valley is suggesting that Petersen wants to work with TJ not buy him out and that the third party interested is English based. All getting very tangled
  • Options
    Think someones playing the percentages game.