Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

A Koc & bull story?

Comments

• Options
    That is a quality post carly.
  • Options

I think a lot of people know a lot more about the "Koc" situation but these things can't be leaked before it's all done and dusted- I personally will be looking on the internet and the press on 21st.

Smashing. I'll be looking forward to Koc on the 21st
  • Options

I think a lot of people know a lot more about the "Koc" situation but these things can't be leaked before it's all done and dusted- I personally will be looking on the internet and the press on 21st.

I've been looking forward to Koc for the last 2 years
  • Options
    edited December 2012

I've been looking forward to Koc for the last 2 years
    Always had my doubts about you rugger buggers !

• Options

21st December is the Winter Solstice. From that point on, the darkness recedes and the light increases.
    Might this be a portent for CAFC?

Lol
  • Options

Do they allow that kind of think in Bromley's Public Lavatories? Each to their own CE
  • Options
    So what was the Koc count on Saturday then? Did anyone spot anyone in the directors box?
  • Options
    I have no info regarding a takeover whatsoever, but I have it on very good authority (overheard convo from a main director) that Powell has a serious sum to spend in January. This could obviously mean one of a few things. It also appears we are interested in renewing both Hulse and Dench to the end of the season.
  • Options
    I'm sorry but for all us former netaddicks out there this is reamsofverse leading the discussion.
  • Options
    I believe that we will be making Hulse a perm signing in jan

Not heard that from anyone by the way
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2012
    If we have potentially serious money, sod Hulse and nick Wood from under the nose of the Spanners. That'd really pee them off.
  • Options
    Jam tomorrow.
  • Options
    cafc999 said:

I believe that we will be making Hulse a perm signing in jan

Not heard that from anyone by the way

He's been a lot better than I expected.

• Options
    JWADDICK said:

I'm sorry but for all us former netaddicks out there this is reamsofverse leading the discussion.

If you mean that therefore the story has no legs, I can confirm I have heard about Koc interest from someone much closer to the action, however this person said last week that it is nowhere near a done deal and due diligence had not been completed. personally I'm keeping an open mind about what might be happening, and trying to pick up more info, before getting too optimistic about the window.

• Options

JWADDICK said:

If you mean that therefore the story has no legs, I can confirm I have heard about Koc interest from someone much closer to the action, however this person said last week that it is nowhere near a done deal and due diligence had not been completed. personally I'm keeping an open mind about what might be happening, and trying to pick up more info, before getting too optimistic about the window.

pervy?
  • Options
    If we did have a wedge to spend in the January window I would be wanting 2 or 3 permanent quality signings in addition to potentially extending the loans of Hulse and Frimpong. Although Hulse has done well, would we really want to spend hard cash on him with a transfer fee? At his age, he isn't exactly one for the future.
  • Options
    I like Hulse and put in another thread a desire to try and sign him and Frimpong on permanent deals but if the money is there with the goal of getting in to the Premiership this season then signing him up past a season loan seems a waste as not sure he will do it higher but if the goal is promotion in the next 2/3 seasons then sign him up as an important older pro at this level.
  • Options
    just sign Bent!
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

just sign Bent!

Bang on. If these Turks are serious they will slam £12mil and £50k a week on the table for 4 years in a heartbeat!
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Koc needs to get bent? just sounds so wrong!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Redrobo said:

just sign Bent!

Bang on. If these Turks are serious they will slam £12mil and £50k a week on the table for 4 years in a heartbeat!

Lol. Should this post be on the Jokes thread. ;0)

• Options
    edited December 2012
    What are Koc's intentions and how loaded are they - anyone know?
    It concerns me that, after RM spent a long time finding the right type of investors before KC came in, Koc might not be undergoing the same scrutiny and are simply a quick sale for the current owners to recoupe some investment.
    Hopefully in financial terms Koc are nearer Abramovich money than Portsmouth's former 'billionaire' owners...
  • Options
    Hahaha reading through this thread has made me laugh. We have not been taken over yet and we are in the same situation as we was at the start of the season. Why don't we wait and see what happens first because I fear you will be dissapointed if these rumours turns out to be a load of crap.
  • Options
    Koc plc is estimated to be worth around £10bn so yes they are loaded.

That's not to say that all or even a large slice will be spent on CAFC.

In any case the new financial fair play rules make Abramovich type spending more difficult, if that is their plan at all.

A more realistic comparison is, IMHO, Reading. New money in Jan last year, bought Roberts, Le Fondre and a few others and went up.

But we just don't know what their plans are. Hopefully if it does happen then they will be more open that the current lot but first the Club needs to get through due diligence.
  • Options
    You're forgetting disappointment runs through the veins of the average Addick DiscoCAFC!
  • Options

Koc plc is estimated to be worth around £10bn so yes they are loaded.

That's not to say that all or even a large slice will be spent on CAFC.

In any case the new financial fair play rules make Abramovich type spending more difficult, if that is their plan at all.

A more realistic comparison is, IMHO, Reading. New money in Jan last year, bought Roberts, Le Fondre and a few others and went up.

But we just don't know what their plans are. Hopefully if it does happen then they will be more open that the current lot but first the Club needs to get through due diligence.

Cheers for info
  • Options

but first the Club needs to get through due diligence.

Any potential buyers will have a long wait outside the kiosk in the BVI hoping the man with the key turns up to open the security box where all the mysterons paperwork resides !

• Options
    Agree with Henry.

People can be loaded but that doesnt mean they will want to unload it all on a football club. Mittal is almost as loaded as Abramovic, but has been very cautious at QPR.
  • Options
    The target for new investment will without a doubt be promotion. That's where you see any chance of a return on your investment and its where the glamour is. No point in having pot loads of money and a team like Peterborough. It's easier said than done though as we all know. I don't expect mega signings to appear in January but I reckon that holes in the squad will be plugged.
  • Options

Redrobo said:

just sign Bent!

Lol. Should this post be on the Jokes thread. ;0)

Sorry, should have done really, Just thought I would be the first to go right over the top.