Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

A Koc & bull story?

Comments

• what paper is that
  • what paper is that

SLP apparently
  • I reckon he got that off of here! The (now defunct) new Investors thread!
  • Richard Cawley
  • Looks like the SLP and looks nothing more than just based off internet stuff.

The other thread was re-opened yesterday lunchtime btw
  • edited November 2012
    Just hope Mr. Cawley hasn't scuppered the deal with this report. :/
  • how many days behind
  • Is is another case of lazy Jurno?
  • typical Mr Cawley..............a week behind with all the news.

• Surely more a case of Ram Koc looking at their logo.
  • Sponsored links:

• Seymour Butts?
  • How can you be a majority shareholder with less than 50 per cent? Shome mishtake Cawley?
  • Im not into Business or Math but surely you can be a majority shareholder with less than 50% if all the others have less than what you have?
  • Im not into Business or Math but surely you can be a majority shareholder with less than 50% if all the others have less than what you have?

Er, no. If all the others have less than you, you've got more than 50 percent.

• He's probably confused it with Controlling Interest the way the holding companies are structured.
  • I dont know how it works as i stated!!! I was working along the lines of there being 10 shareholders for example. If I had 40%, 4 had 10% and 5 had 4%.... then i'm the one with the majority. Maybe you'd explain where im going wrong as its something ive never quite understood.
  • Only a majority sharedolder if you have 51% +.

You're just the largest shareholder with 49%. If the others club together they can out vote you.
  • He's probably confused it with Controlling Interest the way the holding companies are structured.

Sonic I was referring to saviour of journalism Dicky Crawley not you with the above comment.
  • I dont know how it works as i stated!!! I was working along the lines of there being 10 shareholders for example. If I had 40%, 4 had 10% and 5 had 4%.... then i'm the one with the majority. Maybe you'd explain where im going wrong as its something ive never quite understood.

In that situation you'd have "the most" shares of any one individual, but to have a majority you need more than half of all shares, so 51%
  • edited November 2012

I dont know how it works as i stated!!! I was working along the lines of there being 10 shareholders for example. If I had 40%, 4 had 10% and 5 had 4%.... then i'm the one with the majority. Maybe you'd explain where im going wrong as its something ive never quite understood.

That would just make you the largest shareholder. A majority usually means more than half, especially in this context. In the House of Commons a government has a majority when it has more than half of all MPs. Oddly, though an MP being elected is said to have a majority of whatever the difference is between their vote and the second-placed candidate, even though this is rarely half the total vote. But that's politics for you!
  • Sponsored links:

• You mean largest shareholder.

To be majority shareholder you need 51% or more
  • McBobbin said:

I dont know how it works as i stated!!! I was working along the lines of there being 10 shareholders for example. If I had 40%, 4 had 10% and 5 had 4%.... then i'm the one with the majority. Maybe you'd explain where im going wrong as its something ive never quite understood.

In that situation you'd have "the most" shares of any one individual, but to have a majority you need more than half of all shares, so 51%

That would just make you the largest shareholder. A majority usually means more than half, especially in this context. In the House of Commons a government has a majority when it has more than half of all MPs. Oddly, though an MP being elected is said to have a majority of whatever the difference is between their vote and the second-placed candidate, even though this is rarely half the total vote. But that's politics for you!

You mean largest shareholder.

To be majority shareholder you need 51% or more

Is there an echo in here?
  • That clears that up for me! what a knob Cawley is eh? ;-)
  • edited November 2012
    All this from someone seeing someone who looked foriegn in the directors box...you couldnt make it up.
  • This from the Companies Act:
    A director of a company is taken to control a body corporate if, but only if—
    (a)he or any person connected with him—
    (i)is interested in any part of the equity share capital of that body, or
    (ii)is entitled to exercise or control the exercise of any part of the voting power at any general meeting of that body, and
    (b)he, the persons connected with him and the other directors of that company, together—
    (i)are interested in more than 50% of that share capital, or
    (ii)are entitled to exercise or control the exercise of more than 50% of that voting power.

So, if it could be shown that Person A held 49% and that Person B holding 2% or more was "connected with him" then they would both be deemed to be controllers of the company.
    Note that Person B or Person A for that matter would not have to be named directors. The Companies Act also refers to and contains a definition of a "shadow director" . That is someone who actually pulls the strings.
    (This only applies to UK registered companies of course.)
  • All this from someone seeing someone who looked foriegn in the directors box...you couldnt make it up.

Not quite that David. There's is more substance to this rumour than just a foreign looking gentleman in the Directors Box.
  • cafcfan said:

(This only applies to UK registered companies of course.)

Which Charlton Athletic Holdings aren't.

• edited November 2012
    Perhaps Cawley knows that the Koc's have more than 51%
  • so, how many foreign KOC'S were in in the box and were they all after the same share of the action?
  • what if one of the KOC's pulls out and transfers his majority? It would be very messy and will the others be willing to carry on?