Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

A Koc & bull story?

Comments

• Options

Just hope some lessons were learnt during the failed negotiations with Villa over the Stephens transfer, and we don't get too greedy...

Good point, Weegie

• Options
    Gotta love the "don't quote me on this....." opening, and putting it on a messageboard:

"Don't quote me on this, for the time being it's how I understand it rather than I know for sure.

Koc have the clout to spend the type of money in January that TJ can only dream about. If they did it would be with promotion in mind this season, not next or the season after that. The point is though if they do splash the cash they want something in return like a much bigger stake in the club than TJ wants to part with.

There is an outright deal on offer for him to mull over where the Turks will be buying a stake in a Championship club. This means that TJ will still have to come to work every day for the next couple of years in the hope that we can get to the promised land and he can make his money. On the other hand he may also have been offered a get rich quick deal where the Turks accelerate our Premiership ambitions and take us there sooner than expected. TJ would then get his millions of Premiership money but in return the Turks get a bigger share for their part in the success - possibly a majority shareholding.

The January sales will tell us a lot."

Read more: http://intothevalley.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=12540&page=4#ixzz2ERdsFPIj
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    I don't know the truth of the above, but I would add that my understanding is that the aim has always been to go up this season, regardless of how realistic that has been. I think that's been a financial imperative and that the play-offs are the clear target now.

The bit about TJ "coming in to work every day" puzzles me. For the record TJ has never been seen at The Valley on a regular basis (and Slater not much more). I wouldn't particularly expect to see them as non-exec directors and the same would have been true albeit to a slightly lesser extent of previous regimes.

in fact the board rarely met 2011-2012 and when it has it has tended to be on matchdays.

I'm not making this attendance point as a criticism, just to point out that non-exec directors don't run the club in the way people sometimes assume. I'd expect TJ would keep in closer contact with the manager.

• Options
    From Into The Valley :

Re: New money?
    « Reply #110 Today at 1:21pm »

Quote:
    There is an outright deal on offer for him to mull over where the Turks will be buying a stake in a Championship club. This means that TJ will still have to come to work every day for the next couple of years in the hope that we can get to the promised land and he can make his money

Having just read the above on CL and Airman Brown's confusion with what I said I just thought I would point out that I didn't mean it literally. What I meant was that one deal would mean he would have to work alongside the Turks for a season or two whilst the other may mean that he could take the money now and move on.

Hope that's cleared it up.

Read more: http://intothevalley.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=12540&page=4#ixzz2ESjslKwq
  • Options
    Yes. Understood. Just important people here don't get the wrong impression, as it's a common misapprehension.

If true I hope TJ sells up as I think we need a clean start but I don't begrudge him a payback.
  • Options
    Reams has it spot on with the scenario.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

Reams has it spot on with the scenario.

Aren't you able to tell us more?
  • Options
    Is the directors box full of Koc's again today?
  • Options

I didn't see any but there were so many people in the box , my view of the 'far side' was poor.

• Options
    As my good wife says , You cant beat a good koc.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I didn't see any but there were so many people in the box , my view of the 'far side' was poor.

Small koc's then?
  • Options
    its all positive news and in line with what i've been told after the 20 year celebrations the other night - nice of RM to pay the bar bill at the oak - i wasn't there personally but have family who were. the only problem i cn see is we might have to go back into the prem at some point - could be worse i suppose.
  • Options

Depends who you speak to/hear/Danish Newspapers
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Talking of Koc's...
  • Options

shirty5 said:

Talking of Koc's...
    Now then.

• Options
    I think a lot of people know a lot more about the "Koc" situation but these things can't be leaked before it's all done and dusted- I personally will be looking on the internet and the press on 21st.
  • Options

I think a lot of people know a lot more about the "Koc" situation but these things can't be leaked before it's all done and dusted- I personally will be looking on the internet and the press on 21st.

That's quite some prediction Graham. Why the 21st precisely ?

• Options
    The things is Shooters coming on these forums is so risky. You get told things, the people who tell you are so certain their right, most of the time they are but occasionally it falls flat. If you try and share something with other die hards{been supporting Charlton since 1961} if it turns out not to happen you get so verbally abused. NOBODY nows for sure but as say I'll be watching out on the 21st.
  • Options
    Into the valley has a update.
  • Options
    Interesting Graham and thanks.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Last business day before xmas? Didn't we have an xmas takeover 2 years ago as well.
  • Options
    Takeover two years ago was NYE.
  • Options

Takeover two years ago was NYE.

Fair enough, knew it was sometime during the holidays as I remember the SSN yellow strip announcing it. Was so hungover at the time I thought it was Tony Fernandes for about 2 hours!
  • Options
    I thought the 21st was the day the world ends?
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

Hope not its my cousins Birthday , and i'm hoping to see the Hobbit with him.
  • Options

Nicholas said:

Having a mental one that day then :)
  • Options

Nicholas said:

Haha this really made me laugh
  • Options
    Announcement about Koc on the shortest day?
  • Options

Koc teaser!