Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

A Koc & bull story?

Comments

• Options
    Just had a look to see exactly how active Reading were in January.

1. Karl Sheppard (from Shamrock Rovers) = FREE (0 appearances)
    2. Tomas Cywka (from Derby) = FREE (4 appearances)
    -scored the winner for Barnsley against us this season
    3. Jason Roberts (from Blackburn) = UNDISCLOSED (17 appearances, 6 goals)
    4. Matt Connolly (from QPR) = SEASON LOAN (6 appearances)
    5. Hayden Mullins (from Portsmouth) = SEASON LOAN (7 appearances)
    6. Benik Afobe (from Arsenal) = SEASON LOAN (3 appearances)

So they only paid one (probably small) undisclosed fee over January for Jason Roberts, not as much as I think everyone (including myself) thought.
  • Options
    But Roberts main outlay would have been wages. Anyway how many if the multitude of foreign owners have been a complete success?
  • Options
    Guess we'll be linked with Hayden Mullins again if thats the case!
  • Options
    cfgs said:

But Roberts main outlay would have been wages. Anyway how many if the multitude of foreign owners have been a complete success?

More success then failure i would guess, we just like to remember the worst one's so we can worry about those "evil" foreign owners.

Plus it depends on what you class as a success.
  • Options
    Success

Chelsea, man city, millwall, southampton
    Man Utd? Reading
    Failure

Pompey, west ham, liverpoo, hearts, l

Jury still out
    Derby, Villa, QPR

There must be more
  • Options
    Pompey and Hearts are an advert for not selling out in the hope of foreign bucks
  • Options
    Tell me now people, is it worth me putting some money on us to win the league @ 250-1 and promotion @ 33-1? Both with Bet Victor.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    cfgs said:

Pompey and Hearts are an advert for not selling out in the hope of foreign bucks

But Man City are a great one for showing the plus points, rich owner who has kept the history and spirit of the club whilst doing much for the foundation of the club and the local area so that in 10/15/20 years time they can be an established so called "big club" who no longer have to spend such vast amounts on the playing staff.

• Options
    Just worried that everyone is getting carried away, remember Charlton never get anything easily
  • Options
    Oh i agree with that but sometimes you just wanna try and enjoy the hopefully good times.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    "He said at a panel meeting of leading chief executives that this figure included known investments by its units oil refiner Tupras, automakers Ford Otosan and Tofas and consumer electronics maker Arcelik."

You couldn't make it up.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    FFS!!!!

feckin arcelik!

only Charlton...
  • Options
    These Turks do have a sense of humour.
    Probly why they plumped 4 us!
  • Options

"He said at a panel meeting of leading chief executives that this figure included known investments by its units oil refiner Tupras, automakers Ford Otosan and Tofas and consumer electronics maker Arcelik."

You couldn't make it up.
    the first time I've laughed out loud at a post this year!!
  • Options
    this Koc story just keeps getting bigger
  • Options
    Heard they've hit a sticky patch in negotiations
  • Options
    This is going to be kept quiet... Apparrently we've been told it's illegal to let our koc out in the open
  • Options
    It's just d'reams.
  • Options

Agree with Henry.

People can be loaded but that doesnt mean they will want to unload it all on a football club. Mittal is almost as loaded as Abramovic, but has been very cautious at QPR.

Where I read all of this with interest ( and more than a few smiles ) this bit PA has completely wrong. Mittal is one of the 10 richest men in the world and has been for some years, the way he stays rich is he dosent just throw his money around willy nilly, he is an astute and very successful business man and his worth is far far more than Abramovich who may just creep into the worlds top 50 rich list.

I so hope that at least some of these rumours are true, but some times it's best to be careful about what you wish for. Who can forget Mark Hulyer and in my opinion ( to join two threads ) CAFC's worst ever signing Allan Simonsen ( and before I get slated I don't mean for football reasons, where he lit up the valley )

So let's just be cautious when it comes to our prezzie list for Santa
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We all want whoever owns Charlton to be number one a safe pair of hands. Everything else as far as I am concerned is gravy. Not to say I don't like a drop of gravy .
  • Options
    What is the hold up?.why don't our club release a statement?.
  • Options

Not a hold up, more a Koc up ;0)

• Options

LOL

The Club have, allegedly, banned the SLP for even mentioning the story so they aren't going to run regular updates just for you.

If it happens, it happens but don;'t even expect too much, or any, info even then.
  • Options
    The longer they keep it quiet means it is just a made up rumour.Or more people get to know through internet forum.it's time for a statement on the os true or false.koc in or not,I read announcement does not
  • Options
    Henry,name another club that has had a billionaire join there board and no statement?.
  • Options

Henry,name another club that has had a billionaire join there board and no statement?.

How would he know if there's no statement?

• Options

The longer they keep it quiet means it is just a made up rumour.

No it doesn't. It neither proves or disproves it.

it's time for a statement on the os true or false.koc in or not,I read announcement does not

Not the way it works. Just because you want to know doesn't mean that it's time for a statement.

They still haven't told us that Kevin Cash was involved so don't hold your breath.

• Options
    Valley27000, be serious, if we issue a Koc release too prematurely, it could ruin the whole thing.
  • Options
    I know that hand g,but tell me another club that has had a billionaire join there club and kept it quiet?.