Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

millwall pre match

Comments

• It's the rep your club has mate, attracts chavs from the 'burbs playing at being hard men for the day by latching onto the bigger boys. Thing is they are the tossers that give the general football going public the impression at lot have.
  • fattmatt said:

I'm going to the Millwall game on the Valley Away coach for the first time. I'd usually go on the train but I'm taking a 10 year old so I don't want to get into any scrapes.

I'm not really sure what to expect from the coach. Do they tend to run on time and is the atmosphere any good?

Yeah, 10 year olds are seen as fair game down at Millwall, especially when they bowl about giving it the biggun...dear me.

How many coaches are travelling the 3 miles from the Valley to the Den?

I'd happily take my kids - no problem but you cannot deny that you do have some wrong uns - i have a Palace mate at work who witnessed first hand a bunch of your wrong uns hitting kids and all sorts when they did you 4-0 or somethinga few years back. You attract a lot of scummy people whether you like it or not, even though your reputation was probably 'earnt' the hard way years ago. Live with it Sparrows.
    Have never seen 10 year old kids being smacked by adults at football, but if he definitely saw grown men targeting young kids then fair enough. Fortunately I've never seen it in the time I've been going so hopefully they're long gone.
    can work the other way. went down to portsmouth a few years back and got kicked in the shin by a 10 year old.
  • For those drinking at London Bridge remeber Millwall fans claim most of the pubs there as their own on match days. Last seasons they attacked the Globe in Borough market because Norwich fans had taken it over. Mate and I having a drink around London Bridge that evening and saw the aftermath.
    Only two weeks ago after the game against Derby was in the old Kings Head with two derby supporting friends about 8pm when a group of middle aged Millwall fans came in, drunk I will say. When they found out two mates where Derby fans we had to spend 15mins or more talking them out of having ago. Once we finished are pints left to find a friendlier pub, and I have been going to that pub for 30+ years.
  • edited November 2012
    msomerton said:

For those drinking at London Bridge remeber Millwall fans claim most of the pubs there as their own on match days. Last seasons they attacked the Globe in Borough market because Norwich fans had taken it over. Mate and I having a drink around London Bridge that evening and saw the aftermath.
    Only two weeks ago after the game against Derby was in the old Kings Head with two derby supporting friends about 8pm when a group of middle aged Millwall fans came in, drunk I will say. When they found out two mates where Derby fans we had to spend 15mins or more talking them out of having ago. Once we finished are pints left to find a friendlier pub, and I have been going to that pub for 30+ years.

I drunk in borough high street with no probs at all before and after last couple of games. Beer garden was rammed but no sniff of aggro. Work round here and have been coming into London bridge for work/football/whatever for 30 years since a kid and wont change that because Millwall deem it their "manor"....many of them are from bloody medway anyway!!!
  • msomerton said:

For those drinking at London Bridge remeber Millwall fans claim most of the pubs there as their own on match days. Last seasons they attacked the Globe in Borough market because Norwich fans had taken it over. Mate and I having a drink around London Bridge that evening and saw the aftermath.

I drunk in borough high street with no probs at all before and after last couple of games. Beer garden was rammed but no sniff or aggro. Work round here and have been coming into London bridge for work/football/whatever for 30 years since a kid and wont change that because Millwall deem it their "manor"....many of them are from bloody medway anyway!!!

you sound disapointed mate...
  • msomerton said:

I drunk in borough high street with no probs at all before and after last couple of games. Beer garden was rammed but no sniff or aggro. Work round here and have been coming into London bridge for work/football/whatever for 30 years since a kid and wont change that because Millwall deem it their "manor"....many of them are from bloody medway anyway!!!

Far from it mate, aggro is the last thing i want at football but at the same time it makes me chuckle the knicker wetting that goes on before a millwall game on here where suddenly the same public transport system, streets and pubs that many use day in day out mysteriously transform into the Gaza Strip on a bad day and out of bounds no go areas whipped up by a frenzy of paranoia not fully warranted by the reality.

• edited November 2012

msomerton said:

Far from it mate, aggro is the last thing i want at football but at the same time it makes me chuckle the knicker wetting that goes on before a millwall game on here where suddenly the same public transport system, streets and pubs that many use day in day out mysteriously transform into the Gaza Strip on a bad day and out of bounds no go areas whipped up by a frenzy of paranoia not fully warranted by the reality.

you're taking the coach from the Valley arent you?

• No mate my mum's dropping me off at 2.59. ;-)
  • msomerton said:

Yes I had a drink in the Bunch of grapes at LB last time and I wont be heading back there this time
  • msomerton said:

Last seasons they attacked the Globe in Borough market because Norwich fans had taken it over. Mate and I having a drink around London Bridge that evening and saw the aftermath.

I think there was a little more to it than that, they weren't just normal fans having a drink.
  • Sponsored links:

• Christ on a bike, anyone would think we are going into a war zone on Saturday, some of their wannabes will be loving this bed wetting exercise if they read it.
  • msomerton said:

Last seasons they attacked the Globe in Borough market because Norwich fans had taken it over. Mate and I having a drink around London Bridge that evening and saw the aftermath.

I think there was a little more to it than that, they weren't just normal fans having a drink.
    This

• msomerton said:

Sounds like they were living off millwalls rep, faced with real lads/firm they probably would have bolted.

• LOOK! can someone just let me know when it is all over, so I can come out from behind the sofa?
  • You can get a nice Nike Safety/Crash helmet in the Valley Store for £99.99 .. just right for wearing dahn the toolbox
  • DA9 said:

msomerton said:

Sounds like they were living off millwalls rep, faced with real lads/firm they probably would have bolted.

Net certain about That, at least two of them ex army according to them, they where wearing those Millwall scarfs with the poppy emblazed on one side. These had been on sale at Millwall before rememberance Sunday as a fund raiser.

• msomerton said:

DA9 said:

msomerton said:

Net certain about That, at least two of them ex army according to them, they where wearing those Millwall scarfs with the poppy emblazed on one side. These had been on sale at Millwall before rememberance Sunday as a fund raiser.
    There you go, they felt the need to tell you they were ex army, all piss and wind trying to be something they werent.

• its a precarious old business going to the new den, even for their own fans

where the wrong type of designer gear and you may look like an opposing real lad/firm/geezer pwoppa norty chap looking for it

where cheap designer gear and you may look like a north kent hanger on

Manbag and flip flops and you're new bermondsey

Lidl bag and affro and well...

Wear your colours and you will be royally c**ted off for being a spaz.

Say you like gravy rather than liquer or sing any song other than old school and well...

Christ, their a bunch of posers - no wonder they all wear lacoste - frightened to step out of the norm. Glad a) i'm a 'normal' and b) i only have to go there once a year - result!
  • pmsl ... nice one Dan
  • Missus and little 'un packed off to a safe house in Gaza, can't take any risks with them. Apparently at the last away game 4 babies were eaten and a hospital was burned down. Even Lewisham A&E is closing in preparation.

• Sponsored links:

• Just ordered a 'Press' vest to be sure.
  • Drinking in Nottingham to be on the safe side.
  • Plaaayer said:

Drinking in Nottingham to be on the safe side.

Lol

• probably safest ... been a while since I visited a war zone ;-)
  • JT said:

Just ordered a 'Press' vest to be sure.

it's no guarantee - Kate Aidie has been lucky but this is different
  • So where is London Bridge is everyone drinking?
  • Plenty of pubs around there hardly need to name them
  • Market porter
  • Not telling anyone where I'm drinking. Too scared.
  • Where is London Bridge?