Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

millwall pre match

Comments

• Options
    i think he was joking mate
  • Options
    sparrows should be rounded up as a ringleader - dawn raid tonight i reckon.
  • Options
    Everyone knows there won't be any trouble.

After the completion of the match we will all meet up with our Millwall counterparts outside the stadium and there will be lots of handshakes and hugging going on. We'll depart wishing each other the very best for the rest of the season and we look forward to meeting each other again in March.

Who knows - there may even be some exchanging of gifts and Christmas cards?
  • Options
    bloodnut said:

bloodnut said:

From the OS

"Meanwhile, the police this week advised Charlton that there are currently NO plans to hold back visiting supporters in the stadium after the final whistle."

Hmmm...surprised at that, something will definitely happen now.
    getting your excuses in early i see, none of it will be your fault though eh?
    What excuses?
    well you can blame the police for any trouble that may occur now with the fact that they did not keep us in/apart... unless ive read that wrong and your "something will definitely happen now" meant something else?

provocative i see that myself!
    It's a local London derby with the result meaning a lot to both sets of fans.

It kicked off between you & Palace with punches thrown, people bleeding etc, so if it can kick off between you two don't you think there is now quite a bit of potential for clashes if 3,600 gleeful Charlton fans come pouring out on the same road as 14,000 dejected & pissed off Millwall fans?

& if we thrash you and Millwall fans are walking along taking the mick don't you think some Charlton fans would react?

Just seems to me to be creating a potential flashpoint that could be avoided...maybe nothing will happen.
  • Options
    can't talk your way out of it that easily sparrows - you're inciting violence that nobody else would even have thought of. in a way you're like our guardian angel but on the other hand a bit norty as well.
  • Options

can't talk your way out of it that easily sparrows - you're inciting violence that nobody else would even have thought of. in a way you're like our guardian angel but on the other hand a bit norty as well.

The way you lot hype up Millwall games you're all expecting a war zone anyway!!
  • Options

bloodnut said:

bloodnut said:

From the OS

"Meanwhile, the police this week advised Charlton that there are currently NO plans to hold back visiting supporters in the stadium after the final whistle."

What excuses?
    well you can blame the police for any trouble that may occur now with the fact that they did not keep us in/apart... unless ive read that wrong and your "something will definitely happen now" meant something else?

It kicked off between you & Palace with punches thrown, people bleeding etc, so if it can kick off between you two don't you think there is now quite a bit of potential for clashes if 3,600 gleeful Charlton fans come pouring out on the same road as 14,000 dejected & pissed off Millwall fans?

& if we thrash you and Millwall fans are walking along taking the mick don't you think some Charlton fans would react?

Just seems to me to be creating a potential flashpoint that could be avoided...maybe nothing will happen.
    In that case let us all join hands and pray for a draw and a fair game with sport being the winner...

• Options

bloodnut said:

bloodnut said:

From the OS

What excuses?

its provocative yea, just like your original comment, from which i thought id then get a little dig in as im in the mood and derby day is finally upon us and your a spanner on a charlton website... nothing more than that, and in all honesty nothing more than you can expect, surely?

as far as policing is concerned then it smells just slighlty of a rat trap if you catch my drift, though deep down we all know the old bill would never do such things, ha!

at least your lot wont be able to throw the cowards walk dig back at us anymore, leave that for palace now.
  • Options

most of the millwall fans i know could be blown over with a decent wind - point is - we don't need you to tell us what can or can't happen outside a football ground do we? I thought Off it had made that point yesterday, anyway, you carry on...
  • Options
    You could be right bloodnut althouigh i think the police realise that letting us all out togethe wuill mean the flashpoint will be right outside the ground where they can contriol it rather than somewhere further down the line, where they can't.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I say keep the Millwall fans behind after, many of them will be used to it anyway.
  • Options

bloodnut said:

bloodnut said:

From the OS

What excuses?

In that case let us all join hands and pray for a draw and a fair game with sport being the winner...

"all we are saaayyying, is give peace a chance..."

john lennon

R.I.P :~(
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    if we nick a late controversial winner or any winner of any sort (it's not gonna happen but hypothetically speaking) and they don't keep us in for half hour minimum i'll eat my spunk sock
    the old bill aren't stupid they know millwall are mingey cry babies who give it the big un
  • Options
    Surely if that's the case you'll be fine outside?
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    WSS said:
    I'm guessing thats the Millwall fans trying to get out of the Den? or being let out of the local nick :-0

• Options

WSS said:
    I'm guessing thats the Millwall fans trying to get out of the Den? or being let out of the local nick :-0

Isn't that Charlton fans?
  • Options
    yeah. weird post
  • Options
    Bunny said:

WSS said:

Yes Bunny they are Charlton fans - you know, the 'the type of characters Harry Enfield and Paul Whitehouse have made a living out of parodying over the years, but for whom The Valley is a favourite stomping ground.' Doesn't really match your stereotype does it?

• Options
    edited November 2012

most of the millwall fans i know could be blown over with a decent wind - point is - we don't need you to tell us what can or can't happen outside a football ground do we? I thought Off it had made that point yesterday, anyway, you carry on...
    Skip over my posts then and ignore them rather than replying to every one & mentioning me in other threads, you can manage that can't you?
  • Options
    sparrows is the the rose still open by New Cross and whats it like for drinking in ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    redsek said:

Bunny said:

WSS said:

Yes Bunny they are Charlton fans - you know, the 'the type of characters Harry Enfield and Paul Whitehouse have made a living out of parodying over the years, but for whom The Valley is a favourite stomping ground.' Doesn't really match your stereotype does it?

Very poor blog from Bunny this week.

"We should be doing all we can to get groups as varied as young inner-city kids to eastern European immigrants to see The Den as an exciting place to spend a Saturday. "
  • Options
    I'm sure the Romanian gypsies would love the warm and friendly welcome interspersed with some ribald banter.
  • Options
    Or as one Charlton wit once put it: “Thank god for Millwall, they filter out all the nutters and loons from The Valley.
    That's a polite way of putting what was actually said!
  • Options
    Were you held in your seats or at the gate after the 4-0? Have only had to do that a couple of times in the 90s.

Think it's pre-match drinking at the Antigallican then a taxi along for myself and amigos.
  • Options
    at the gate. most tried leaving about quarter past 4 and we werent let out till gone 5.30. That was to let all the Millwall fans leave and then we basically had a train up to LB for ourselves.
  • Options

Skip over my posts then and ignore them rather than replying to every one & mentioning me in other threads, you can manage that can't you?
    bit sensitive aren't you?
  • Options
    Sort yourself out Dan, anyone would think you're on a Charlton forum.
  • Options

Sort yourself out Dan, anyone would think you're on a Charlton forum.

i know - takes himself a bit too seriously - but don't they all
  • Options
    Pre match Black Horse(opp KFC) evelyn st then a short walk down grinstead rd to ground
  • Options
    Just checked, Whelans and China Hall just outside Surrey Quays station have sky and so you can watch West Ham vs Chelsea there before.
    I'm guessing they're not home fans only pubs?