Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

millwall pre match

Comments

• Options
    PopIcon said:

Pre match drinks in Lewisham

Where ?
  • Options

Just checked, Whelans and China Hall just outside Surrey Quays station have sky and so you can watch West Ham vs Chelsea there before.
    I'm guessing they're not home fans only pubs?

You don't get any away fans drinking in either of them! Search Google for what Luton did to Whelans though.
  • Options
    The black horse bert? Used To be a real millwall pub full of the worst kind.
  • Options
    No trains picking up the Greenwich line either, ffs!
  • Options
    do they not mix well nolly?
  • Options
    Bert not sure what it's like now but was a real dive few years back and lively full of colourful characters
  • Options
    What there not stopping on the Greenwich line at all ?
  • Options
    What about all the people drinking in woolwich / charlton
  • Options
    bobcafc7 said:

What about all the people drinking in woolwich / charlton

bus or cab.
  • Options
    edited November 2012

Just checked, Whelans and China Hall just outside Surrey Quays station have sky and so you can watch West Ham vs Chelsea there before.
    I'm guessing they're not home fans only pubs?

Would avoid Whelans mate if I were you.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Would avoid most pubs in Bermondsey and New Cross. Not cos of Millwall fans, just cos they're all sh*t.
  • Options
    My brother and I are travelling up from Southampton for this and were planning to drink near Surrey Quays. Are there any pubs near there that are away fan friendly because so far it seems like they are all Millwall only?
  • Options
    theres a wetherspoons right outside SQ station but that hasn't got sky i think??
  • Options

My brother and I are travelling up from Southampton for this and were planning to drink near Surrey Quays. Are there any pubs near there that are away fan friendly because so far it seems like they are all Millwall only?

They're normally all full with Millwall and as there are more fans coming than usual they'll have even more Millwall in them. There are no pubs around the ground, so most either drink by The Blue or by Surrey Docks.
  • Options
    Would it be better to drink by London Bridge then and get a bus or cab?
  • Options

That's what we're doing
  • Options
    Bexleyheath drinking. Train to blackheath. Cab to ground.
  • Options

redsek said:

Bunny said:

WSS said:
    I'm guessing thats the Millwall fans trying to get out of the Den? or being let out of the local nick :-0

Isn't that Charlton fans?
    Yes Bunny they are Charlton fans - you know, the 'the type of characters Harry Enfield and Paul Whitehouse have made a living out of parodying over the years, but for whom The Valley is a favourite stomping ground.' Doesn't really match your stereotype does it?

Very poor blog from Bunny this week.

"We should be doing all we can to get groups as varied as young inner-city kids to eastern European immigrants to see The Den as an exciting place to spend a Saturday. "
    But, that's actually happening - my season ticket is next to some Estonians up in the Barry Kitchener Stand. They're regulars. More and more are coming to games - some moan about it on HoF, but I think it's a good thing.
  • Options

That's what we're doing
    Do you know what bus it is pal?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

That's what we're doing
    Do you know what bus it is pal?
    he means we are getting taxis
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    redsek said:

Bunny said:

WSS said:
    I'm guessing thats the Millwall fans trying to get out of the Den? or being let out of the local nick :-0

Isn't that Charlton fans?
    Yes Bunny they are Charlton fans - you know, the 'the type of characters Harry Enfield and Paul Whitehouse have made a living out of parodying over the years, but for whom The Valley is a favourite stomping ground.' Doesn't really match your stereotype does it?

So, what you're saying is 'I don't think you wanted to do it like that, did you. Only me'.
  • Options
    train from lb to new cross then cab?
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    FFS lads, this is getting embarrassing now. It's Millwall. It's between Bermondsey and New Cross.

If you can't work out how to get there by now - what with all the helpful advice on this thread and the modern wonders of the internet - then I really think you should consider not going. You'd never be able to negotiate your way through the turnstiles without a map.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

FFS lads, this is getting embarrassing now. It's Millwall. It's between Bermondsey and New Cross.

If you can't work out how to get there by now - what with all the helpful advice on this thread and the modern wonders of the internet - then I really think you should consider not going. You'd never be able to negotiate your way through the turnstiles without a map.

This
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Do you know if theres a taxi rank outside the away end to get back to LB after?
  • Options

Off_it said:

Do you know if theres a taxi rank outside the away end to get back to LB after?
    Don't worry, it's only a 10 minute sprint through the back streets.
  • Options
    Me? Sprint?
  • Options
    haha dont forget your dancing shoes too
  • Options
    Someone tell me when it's over